Please God let this be repairable!!

Lexx

Arse.

That is the exact word to leave my mouth when I heard the noise of an Amuse front bumper making contact with a high curb at 2.30am outside Durham Student Union.

Closely followed by a very loud "f*** Off" to the wasted posh to**er student who started to chant "You just crashed your car, nah nah nana nah"

:rant:

Anyways, the results are below.

Do we think this is repairable? Or am I looking at a full new bumper?

Its a Shine Auto replica made of FRP.

The crack goes right through the glass in a few places.

Its casued the paint to crack and flake in a number of other places, so its a full respray anyway

Photo0419.jpg

Photo0420-1.jpg

:surrender::dummy:

Eek, bad luck mate, unfortunatly been there and done that, horrible noise! Sounds like you ripped the whole thing off..

Have you checked in the wheel arches (at about where 10 o'clock would be on the wheel) as my had spider cracks there where the bumper flexed.

Deffo repairable :thumbs:

easy fix, probably about 2 hours work to repair, so guessing about £60 ex vat. and what ever the cost to either respray whole bumper (*recommended) or a blend in job, fine if they are a good shop. they'll tell you whats best, but shouldn't be major.

+1 :thumbs:

Just been through to see Lee's brother at Falcon Performance, running her back through tomorrow to get a proper quote in the daylight. Gunna get a full respray as its spidered in a few places.

Thanks again Lee :thumbs:

Oki, just got my first quote....

£750!

Thats for full bumper to be stripped all the way back, reglassed, repainted etc.

The opinion was that a small repair of the area would only recrack rather rapidly.

It cost me less for the bumper, spray and fitment in the first place.

so, off to the next bodyshop.

(thanks for the help Lee, these comments are in no way a reflection on your brothers place. I just simply cannot afford that kinda repair at the moment, If I could, Id have booked her in today)

Oki, just got my first quote....

£750!

Thats for full bumper to be stripped all the way back, reglassed, repainted etc.

The opinion was that a small repair of the area would only recrack rather rapidly.

It cost me less for the bumper, spray and fitment in the first place.

so, off to the next bodyshop.

(thanks for the help Lee, these comments are in no way a reflection on your brothers place. I just simply cannot afford that kinda repair at the moment, If I could, Id have booked her in today)

:headhurt:

Oooch. You should be able to get a much better quote than that! it's not that big a repair, the kit still looks perfectly straight - just needs re-glassing from the back and then blending at the front. It will need to come off for the repair though. Where abouts are you based as i know some good body shops in Staffs area? i paid half that last year for a front end, side skirts, rear spatts and rear spoiler fitted and painted for my mr2.

I have a scratch down my passenger door and took it to the shop that did my bonnet as there was a chance the a*sehole that did it was going to have to pay ompo - he didn't in the end but thats another story - and they quoted £1150. :scare::scare:

The scratch is only down to the undercoat and no metal shows and in most lights you can hardly see it.

What would they have wanted for a re spray. LOL

Ming the muddled

PS i am sure that it can be repaired and sprayed for substantially less than the first quote though.

Al, make sure you try Car and Bike Magic. Me and Woody have both had good experiences with them.

See you on sunday mate.

Car and Bike magic did the original painting and fitting of the kit :thumbs: Just havent had the time to drive up to Sunderland for a quote