Who Farted?

rtbiscuit

Damn.....

I like baseball caps...got 4 of them (no Burberry ones tho)

I like my Zed....

I like driving a touch on the naughty side of the law...

I like stuff that makes my Zed shine (detailing products...)

I like hip hop music and wear hoodies...

I like to buy non-cheapy mods for my Zed....

Does this mean I'm a chav-bourgoise-proletarian crossbreed? A chavourtarian?

In my opinion, if you like the Zed, just get in the car and enjoy it, if you hanker for something else, then just go and get something else.

I usually keep my cars until they physically are near their mechanical death, last car, the Honda Prelude was in my possesion for 7 years, until I sold it...to a baseballcap wearing person...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I also like hip hop and have a hoodie - i DO have a baseball hat but its alpinestars and I do only wear it in the rain when washing the car...........AND I'M ONE HUNDRED init! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Where were you last night when this thread was really kicking off

I didn't dare mention the fact I had a baseball cap for the fear of being linched.

I mainly wear beanies to be fair tho LOL :thumbs:

Chavs (Neds in Scotland) will probably not go after the Zed. Couple of reasons why i think this..

1:- Tax/insurance/petrol costs. If they can afford this for the Evos and Scoobies some of them already have, we'd see more Chav'd up Zeds about.

2:- Evos and Scoobies are all over the place, so parts should be cheaper either via suppliers or five fingered discount.

3:- No where to put their "tribe" and prams when going to pick up their Giros.

Im thinking of selling too as it happens :surrender:

I,ve just sold mine :byebye: ,got a BMW 116 M Sport. It's 6 weeks old managed to get the dealer to do a straight swap.Not happy about it but needs must.

Nice to have met people but sadly I must say goodbye

As someone who's just bought one and joined here, my view is that it's a class car and although yes it's become cheaper over time, it's still a rare car to see on the roads! I tend to keep my cars for a few years and would like to hope we'd keep our Zed for a few years too. We drove a Boxster S when checking out cars and yes it was lighting quick but souless compared to the Zed, and there's loads of Boxsters on the roads ;)

All the chavs in my neck of the woods are smacking it around in Honda CRXs or older cars with huge exhausts etc. Chav car owners in my opinion are those who as already mentioned have no respect for anyone else - e.g. driving like idiots on busy roads or in residential side streets, or screeching past houses at half 1 in the morning during the week, just because they have no job the rest of us still have work!

Decent bodykits tend not to be chavs because they take time and money to do properly. Crappy kits never completed - oh yes.

-TPO.

don't worry vik my subject tends to lead me to work with the lower end of the ability range, as its a subject they pick, and i suppose i'm lucky that my students distinguish between appropriate times for using that language. we can't encourage it in schools as the exam board doesn't mark it.

Rich - check this out..........Scotland always was light years ahead of England in terms of education ;):lol:

http://www.scotsman.com/literacyinscotland/-Txt-comp-splits-teachers.3285360.jp

PS you were thinking in the shower mate?...........men can't do two things at once! :lol:

Re: the shower quote, i had to stop think, then shower for a bit, stop and think again. etc etc. made my shower twice as long :lol:

Re: the article, just got home and read it and i still stand by my original statement, and i agree with the other teachers comments on the article. its not a positive step forward. if i received a piece of work in slang or txt, i don't think i would be as mean as to get them to re -write it (depends on the kid :lol: ) but i would mark them down, my subject doesn't rely on english as much as thats not what i'm teaching, but i still have to encourage good english. i suppose it might be different working in a low end school (which i have done) but i work in one of the top schools in the country and if i allowed that kind of work, i'd loose my job :blush:

as for chavs/boy racers, i think its definitiely one of there dream cars, especially as they are form the playstation generation, and the Zed is one of those iconic cars. i don't think it will go the way of the civic, but i do think it will go the way of the supra.

I agree with you bud.(b4 Rt)

This will be My last post on this subject as it's really hacked me off listening to some of the opinions given on this.

If people going for unusual mods and the availibility of cheaper zeds is bothering you then your pretty shallow IMO and yeah maybe it is time for a change and good luck for the future. I wouldn't recommend another jap car though.

As for me, I will be keeping my zed as long as possible and enjoying it and this club while I'm owning it. See it doesn't bother me what other people want to do to their cars or how they drive .. Each to there own, I don't lose sleep over what other people do.

Chris I , your post about moving to the 370z forum when the chavs start buying zeds intrigued me... Your a moderator, honestly not sure what that involves but I would assume you should be promoting the club and I don't really think you managed that with those comments bud. However like everyone else your entitled to your opinion.

Finally my whole reason for the bee in my bonnet on this thread is to defend the zed, not chavs... I just think some of the comments made recently have been really rude especially to the dude with the extreme roadster, poor guy must think we are right nasty bunch.

The Zed is not a chav car - end of

B)

The zed will never be a chav car

This will be My last post on this subject as it's really hacked me off listening to some of the opinions given on this.

If people going for unusual mods and the availibility of cheaper zeds is bothering you then your pretty shallow IMO and yeah maybe it is time for a change and good luck for the future. I wouldn't recommend another jap car though.

As for me, I will be keeping my zed as long as possible and enjoying it and this club while I'm owning it. See it doesn't bother me what other people want to do to their cars or how they drive .. Each to there own, I don't lose sleep over what other people do.

Chris I , your post about moving to the 370z forum when the chavs start buying zeds intrigued me... Your a moderator, honestly not sure what that involves but I would assume you should be promoting the club and I don't really think you managed that with those comments bud. However like everyone else your entitled to your opinion.

Finally my whole reason for the bee in my bonnet on this thread is to defend the zed, not chavs... I just think some of the comments made recently have been really rude especially to the dude with the extreme roadster, poor guy must think we are right nasty bunch.

B)

Well said :clap::clap:

B)

I hate to burst your bubble but it already is.......... All be it a small %.... And some of those can "dent it" for the larger population!

Boyracers have always been burning them off the lights and drifting round roundabouts and chavs have been modding them in a way thats not of taste to all owners.... Same as any car brand anywhere in the world! (Gold Vinyl veyron anyone?)

As the car prices come down, cheaper (sometimes inferior) copy parts are available.... But I wont be selling cause of this reason, but there will be a rye smile on my face when things start to break and fail and more parts cant be affored, thus quality examples will command a slightly higher price....

Its can be that there is a perception difference of who is a boyracer and / or a chav.. One mans fake burbarry is another mans Dolce and Gannana.

Like has been said, the Zed is a great car and offers great value for money so I will still be visiting lots of Zed forums (unfortunaly for some!!) , having an involvement in the scene and enjoying getting in the car and hitting the loud pedal for a few more years to come...

I think you missed my point mate, and its all IMO of course. Being a mod just means you keep things running, you are entitled to your own opinion, you are not forced into one from the team. What we were trying to cover was why owners appear to be leaving/selling up. What I was pointing out was that the car was a £30k sports car not so long ago, but can now be had for <£10k. This means a lot more people are into modding them in a big way, which some owners dont like. I'm into modding, but only to a certain extent. I like where the car is now, but can see it very quickly being taken over with "chavs" who have more money than sense, and making some really hideous cars. As we've agreed, the car is expensive to run etc, so its not exactly going to be like Novas, but the £30k GT coupe image will be gone.

My comment on the 370z move, was simply to mean when I decide I've had enough of the 350z, I will be getting a 370z and will be posting more on the 370z section of this site, but will moderate all sections :thumbs:

I honestly dont know why this has you so wound up, everyone agrees the Zed is a great car, and this is a great community, with great members :thumbs:

you don't get the same public intervention if your a lawyer, the bloke in the docks telling his solicitor, you should have done this or that etc. but i suppose its something you get used to. :teeth:
Yes, you do. ;)

"chavs" who have more money than sense, and making some really hideous cars.

I honestly dont know why this has you so wound up, everyone agrees the Zed is a great car, and this is a great community, with great members :thumbs:

I don't see a chav as someone with more money than sense. I think what we're talking about here is just what some people would see as poor taste modifications. Someone who has bad taste in mods is not neccessarly a chav - just someone I maybe wouldn't want to do the interior design on my house................. :lol: I really don't see the big deal here. I used to drive a type R, loved the car and would have another any day of the week - I will never look like a chav in it whatever anyone else does to theirs. If you love the car keep it, if you want something else get something else. Everyone moves on eventually - who gives a stuff? I'll probably have my car a long time because I can't see what I could afford to 'upgrade' to that would give me half the pleasure. I've never kept a car so long because of that reason. There are people on here who i've 'known' the 3 years i've been here who are good mates and equally people who've been here not long at all who are friends too. Things change - ITS ALL GOOD! :lol:

"chavs" who have more money than sense, and making some really hideous cars.

I don't see a chav as someone with more money than sense. I think what we're talking about here is just what some people would see as poor taste modifications. Someone who has bad taste in mods is not neccessarly a chav - just someone I maybe wouldn't want to do the interior design on my house................. :lol: I really don't see the big deal here. I used to drive a type R, loved the car and would have another any day of the week - I will never look like a chav in it whatever anyone else does to theirs. If you love the car keep it, if you want something else get something else. Everyone moves on eventually - who gives a stuff? I'll probably have my car a long time because I can't see what I could afford to 'upgrade' to that would give me half the pleasure. I've never kept a car so long because of that reason. There are people on here who i've 'known' the 3 years i've been here who are good mates and equally people who've been here not long at all who are friends too. Things change - ITS ALL GOOD! :lol:

+1 :thumbs::D

Damn.....

I like my Zed....

+1 to all of the above

Although I've got about 10 baseball caps & a smillar amount of beanies :blush: (Its an addiction i collect shoes, coats & t-shirts aswell :lol: )

Damn.....

I like my Zed....

+1 to all of the above

Although I've got about 10 baseball caps & a smillar amount of beanies :blush: (Its an addiction i collect shoes, coats & t-shirts aswell :lol: )

At least you don't collect handbags like Louis :teeth:

il settle this debate once and for all...

the zed will never be a chavs car- chavs dont have good taste when it comes to cars!!

now can we all just get along lol :drive1

:clap::clap::clap:

Think everyone has (to an extent) valid points of view, BUT, Irfan has hit the nail on the head. Well said mate.

Damn.....

I like my Zed....

+1 to all of the above

At least you don't collect handbags like Louis :teeth:

:lol::lol:

Its difficult to keep the merchandise list current when you guys keep moving the goalposts on whats cool and what isnt so fast :surrender:

How about a wider selection of womens T-shirts/vests in more varied colours (including pink!) is this possible Martin?

I think this topic will be covered at the hoon ;)

Manbags however, now thats something we'd not thought about :lol: