Who Farted?

rtbiscuit

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30028 - carried on from

Thanks Stew for locking my thread as it has been discussed, please can follow suit and lock the threads of ...

>350z best exhaust but not wanting to spend over 300 quid

>350z specs and the years

>should i buy a 350z or rx8 or audi tt

>350z bhp 309 or 313

>and CS is a wonderful trader

as these have all be discuss already.

In all seriousness ....

Some of you may have realised I have become a bit of lurker recently but this is for one fear!

IS THE 350z BECOMING THE NEXT PERFORMANCE CHAV CAR?

Caveat; this is all my opinion and does not reflect the thoughts of the site management

We know;

With the recession hitting hard these cars have become cheaper and cheaper therefore allowing more people to own them for much less than they are worth (IMHO of course) and with the introduction of the 370z many of the enthusiasts are moving to the latest model.

Evidence;

R35lee is doing very well and being swamped with written off 350z

Young oikes like myself are able to own and insure these cars

There are some horrifically bad modified versions of the zed

Increase in 'DIY tuner parts' and cheap knock offs

Questions

Why have cars like; Lotus Elise, Supra, Skyline, Evo all managed to mainly avoid this or have they been through this stage and maturing again?

Is it just me that has noticed it?

Am I being stupid and should go back to being a lurker!

Opinions welcome!

in your list of un chaved cars the lotus is the only one i would say that has been unscathed by the chav gene.

all the others you mention are prime max power candidates. doesn't mean i wouldn't go and buy an evo, i quite fancy one for doing amatuer rallying.

the car is only what you make of it. if your a chav and you chav up your car, the n its a chavs car. if your a refined gentleman who prefers an unmodded version then its not a chavs car.

a chav car is only defined by the person driving it.

so yes some chavs do drive a Zed, but its not a chav car. its more suffering from a collection of people with bad taste not chavness.

correct Richard,

But couldnt you argue that a saxo a car that is merely driven by chav's. Im not trying to relate the zed to a saxo just saying that there are a number of choice people with erm 'alternative' tastes leading to some very bad examples of the car and potentially dangerous choices.

My questions orginally were does anyone agree? and has any of the longer term members noticed a step change within the last 6 months?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30028 - carried on from

Thanks Stew for locking my thread as it has been discussed, please can follow suit and lock the threads of ...

>350z best exhaust but not wanting to spend over 300 quid

>350z specs and the years

>should i buy a 350z or rx8 or audi tt

>350z bhp 309 or 313

>and CS is a wonderful trader

as these have all be discuss already.

This thread covers exactly the same and was a lively topic before, your thread was locked to keep it all in this 'Chav' section to save covering too much old ground.

Oh and you left out:

>Best tyre for a 350z

>Whats your MPG

>How much for insurance

change of subject dcash5, but seeing your post has reminded me to tell you...

i think i nearly bought your car before you did

did you buy it in peterborough?

i didnt go to see it in the end as it was quite far away and another came up locally that i bought instead

i just remember the HUGE spoiler, which I actually really liked!

correct Richard,

But couldnt you argue that a saxo a car that is merely driven by chav's. Im not trying to relate the zed to a saxo just saying that there are a number of choice people with erm 'alternative' tastes leading to some very bad examples of the car and potentially dangerous choices.

My questions orginally were does anyone agree? and has any of the longer term members noticed a step change within the last 6 months?

in all honesty not really, the zed hasn't really changed and nor has the image. i get stopped al the time with comments about the zed, but never seen ti with my mates supra.

and bad taste was around before i joined over a year ago, the iberhousen (or what ever its called) was around way before me. some of the wheel choices on here aren't to my liking and people have been doing that for a while as well.

if it was to become a chav car, and being the only real uk 350z forum you would expect to see more on here of things like txt speak, and fugly birds posted up. i think it leads more to the point that people with bad taste have bought one thats all.

I would agree that there has certainly been a shift in the make up of the forums over time. The 350Z has for some been a car to aspire to, and for many that aspiration is now a very real posibility. The demographic will change as time goes on, and although our club has changed along with it, I would hope we have avoided becoming a "chav" establishment.

The joint ventures we have with the Z club and hopefully the growing of joint events with the GTR OC will continue to demonstrate that the club is not like any "cruize" site.

The nature of this thread in contrast with another shows that the having a community take one direction or another is very difficult to do whilst pleasing the majority. We can either try to enforce a "standard" of what we expect here, with the emphasis toward the serious chatter about the 350/370 or we can welcome any "dat waz wikid innit" style postings, which would drive away those with the more in depth knowledge of the car. Trying to maintain a happy medium is therefore always going to be difficult.

Take the show cage thread for example - there are many that ridicule the thought, and perhaps consider it "chavvy", though we also have those who feel agreived that the individual trying something new is being subject to ridicule for the idea.

This transition and change in ownership will come to all cars, it has come to all zeds in time, and will be no different for the 370 or indeed the GTR. The ownership base will change there too. Whilst we have begun to cater for the 370, unless we constantly move the clubs focus to the newest model, this change in demographic will alwyas be here to stay.

Its not the clubs job to try and avoid the change in demographic like King Canute forbiding the tide to come in, it is our job to adapt the club so this new membership base can be welcomed whilst not displacing those already here. Thats the tricky bit. Hopefully we are doing an OK job of it, and we can provide a welcome site for those who want the serious in depth chatter and also those who enjoy the light hearted banter too.

As people may have noticed, we like to make changes here based on feedback from members - if people think that the additions of various items, sections or features can improve our community, we always like to hear them and on many occasions we can get these built into our online presence fair quickly (unless they are major pieces of work with the software). Any ideas on organising of meets or regional events which get new owners talking to long term owners are also welcomed. :)

Thats my 2p anyway :lol:

I would agree that there has certainly been a shift in the make up of the forums over time. The 350Z has for some been a car to aspire to, and for many that aspiration is now a very real posibility. The demographic will change as time goes on, and although our club has changed along with it, I would hope we have avoided becoming a "chav" establishment.

The joint ventures we have with the Z club and hopefully the growing of joint events with the GTR OC will continue to demonstrate that the club is not like any "cruize" site.

The nature of this thread in contrast with another shows that the having a community take one direction or another is very difficult to do whilst pleasing the majority. We can either try to enforce a "standard" of what we expect here, with the emphasis toward the serious chatter about the 350/370 or we can welcome any "dat waz wikid innit" style postings, which would drive away those with the more in depth knowledge of the car. Trying to maintain a happy medium is therefore always going to be difficult.

Take the show cage thread for example - there are many that ridicule the thought, and perhaps consider it "chavvy", though we also have those who feel agreived that the individual trying something new is being subject to ridicule for the idea.

This transition and change in ownership will come to all cars, it has come to all zeds in time, and will be no different for the 370 or indeed the GTR. The ownership base will change there too. Whilst we have begun to cater for the 370, unless we constantly move the clubs focus to the newest model, this change in demographic will alwyas be here to stay.

Its not the clubs job to try and avoid the change in demographic like King Canute forbiding the tide to come in, it is our job to adapt the club so this new membership base can be welcomed whilst not displacing those already here. Thats the tricky bit. Hopefully we are doing an OK job of it, and we can provide a welcome site for those who want the serious in depth chatter and also those who enjoy the light hearted banter too.

As people may have noticed, we like to make changes here based on feedback from members - if people think that the additions of various items, sections or features can improve our community, we always like to hear them and on many occasions we can get these built into our online presence fair quickly (unless they are major pieces of work with the software). Any ideas on organising of meets or regional events which get new owners talking to long term owners are also welcomed. :)

Dat waz a wikid post innit bruv! :thumbs:

Dat waz a wikid post innit bruv! :thumbs:

499130910_3e6f138618.jpg

Innit Blud

;)

if it was to become a chav car, and being the only real uk 350z forum you would expect to see more on here of things like txt speak, and fugly birds posted up. i think it leads more to the point that people with bad taste have bought one thats all.

Rich is this what you are refering to as a chav then?

04102009013.jpg

pm'd bout zort no reply yet lol

will av gone prob as these dnt last long

Reppin' it for the females too!

DSCF1081.jpg

All from within the last 6/7 months and this didnt take alot of searching im afraid.

Don't get me wrong I own a 350z and love it, just questioning my thinking.

You see this thread is a case in point - we can have a serious discussion about the changing demographic of a club interspersed with banter/humor as above :)

In short (I know thats unusual for me)...

The only way a club can avoid a changing demographic is by constantly moving the clubs focus onto the latest model, and only those who can afford the price tag may enter... In which case you may as well create "Nissan enthusiasts that bought the car when it was more than £xxxxx .com", and pick an arbitrary value.

If a club is not prepared to accept and work with a changing demographic, then it is doomed to failure. :shrug:

I'm afraid that certainly the quote from 'biggmacp' was called out by the members of the forum as being unreadable but I guess you forgot to include that in your example.....

Could it be that the whole reason this topic was brought up was to provoke a reaction from the members of this forum?

I'm afraid that certainly the quote from 'biggmacp' was called out by the members of the forum as being unreadable but I guess you forgot to include that in your example.....

Could it be that the whole reason this topic was brought up was to provoke a reaction from the members of this forum?

Wasn't to provoke a reaction, it was to provoke a discussion - at the end of the day I am an owner so directly affected

Oh and that quote was just found from searching the words 'translate'. Unfortunately searching the word 'Chav' brought up 43 pages of threads and I wasnt going to look through them

I was at that show with my car, and yes there were chav girls there but so was a large quota of what i call chav cars.

if it had been a zed only afair i might have agreed with you, but sadly chav girls are free to roam around events and apparently your not allowed to keep them fenced in.

personally i don't think the zed has gone that route "yet" but a car and a forum is what you make of it. i work in a posh school, but it doesn;t make me posh. i wear a basball cap occsionally but it doesn't make me a chav. i've driven an audi, but it doesn't make me a t0sser.

hang on let me look in the workshop i might have a spare fan to help spread the flames your trying to ignite at the moment. ;)

NS - Being **REMOVED**.com? If so not yet as I cant keep up with the updates on this thread, its like a full time job. I can't type that quickly, plus with the slower pace of activity on **REMOVED** I have loads of time to post. Out of interest Just been looking on my350z.com and they have been having the same discussion. under 'this pertains to 17 year olds getting Zeds'.

The problem is its all a matter of personal opinion, what I think is Chav other won't, and vice versa.

A lot of people (not on here and not me) will think any sort of modification, meets, or particular types of music are chav.

Equally there will always be people thinking you are destroying the earth, or driving a hair dressers car.

Don't stress about it lifes to short :drive1

Wasn't to provoke a reaction, it was to provoke a discussion - at the end of the day I am an owner so directly affected

Oh and that quote was just found from searching the words 'translate'. Unfortunately searching the word 'Chav' brought up 43 pages of threads and I wasnt going to look through them

So generally for the word 'translate' to be used, you need to have people questioning something that has been posted. Therefore I would surmise

that the quotes of random text speak sh1te that you posted were not well received by the members of this forum. Would I be right in saying that?

Also, have you searched for the owners cars? Are they covered in dodgy graphics, bad wheels, awful bodykits etc? Are they what you'd call chav?