Who Farted?

rtbiscuit

Im thinking of selling too as it happens :surrender:

Bagsie Takata harness and Sparco harness bar... Think you had a few more bits I had my beadie magpie eye on too!

Oi. They are mine if I keep the car & the takatas will go in the 34 with my brides :p

Bloody vultures :lol:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of work situation forced me to cut back on the luxuries, and the zed was the main culprit and reluctantly had to go. I will get another one when i'm in a better position, as i think these are such amazing cars for the money. The car was my hobby and i enjoyed cleaning and polishing it, and adding bits to it :teeth: I'm missing it so much, damn i need to win the lottery :bang:

The lack of work situation forced me to cut back on the luxuries, and the zed was the main culprit and reluctantly had to go. I will get another one when i'm in a better position, as i think these are such amazing cars for the money. The car was my hobby and i enjoyed cleaning and polishing it, and adding bits to it :teeth: I'm missing it so much, damn i need to win the lottery :bang:

It's a shame you had to sell up, bud. Especially after you found a nice replacement and found the interior you wanted. But hey, as you said, you'll find another once in a better position.

well guys... i got somethin to say... iv had the car a year now... and im getting married early next year...

so u know wot that means...

....iv told my wife-to-be that the cars goin nowhere under no circumstances and it takes priority over her! i aint goin anywhere! lol if we need 4 seats we buy another car not sell up!

let the modding continue!!

I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this but maybe we are selling up because when we bought the Zed they were viewed as "expensive" rare cars but now the have been about for 7 years and early models can be picked up for <£10k they are coming into "boy racer" territory.

I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this but maybe we are selling up because when we bought the Zed they were viewed as "expensive" rare cars but now the have been about for 7 years and early models can be picked up for <£10k they are coming into "boy racer" territory.

Sorry mate don't agree with that

It's a bit of a pompous attitude, I've never bought a car to show how much money I have I buy a car for fun and pleasure. If that's your attitude you should buy a boxster not a datsun

:thumbdown:

Sorry mate don't agree with that

It's a bit of a pompous attitude, I've never bought a car to show how much money I have I buy a car for fun and pleasure. If that's your attitude you should buy a boxster not a datsun

Sorry you misunderstand me I'm not selling just offering a possible explanation

i disagree, sorry geraghtyr200, :blush: i love my performance cars, thats why i get them, but i tend to loose interest in the forums when the boy racers move in.

i'd call myself a middle buyer, i don't buy a car when it first comes out as i refuse to take the hit, but i also don't keep a car when its near the bottom of the sales life, as i tend to avoid the image that ends up being associated with them i.e. boyracer etc.

i disagree, sorry geraghtyr200, :blush: i love my performance cars, thats why i get them, but i tend to loose interest in the forums when the boy racers move in.

i'd call myself a middle buyer, i don't buy a car when it first comes out as i refuse to take the hit, but i also don't keep a car when its near the bottom of the sales life, as i tend to avoid the image that ends up being associated with them i.e. boyracer etc.

You expressed it so much better than me.

well guys... i got somethin to say... iv had the car a year now... and im getting married early next year...

so u know wot that means...

....iv told my wife-to-be that the cars goin nowhere under no circumstances and it takes priority over her! i aint goin anywhere! lol if we need 4 seats we buy another car not sell up!

let the modding continue!!

hahahaha when did u grow a set of balls? :lol:

Don't get me wrong guys I am not into boy racer type cars

I don't think a 3.5litre group 20 car is gonna be a chavvy boy racer car

Saxos , corsas, and cars like that are boy racers in crap cars with 1.2 litre engines and cheap bodykits in my eyes

People will have there own stigmas about things, maybe a bunch of guys with Zs with mods at a meet is viewed as boy racerish by some people ??? Or maybe it's a bunch of guys and gals sharing a similar hobby with like minded people.

Sorry guys - free country so ur entitled to your opinions but so am I

You expressed it so much better than me.

I agree with Rich too. The car is lovely, but as soon as the boy racers move in, I'll be moving out - to the 370z side of the forum :yahoo: I bought mine about 10 months before the prices started to freefall, and there were much fewer extreme and modified Zeds about then, times change, and people move on. The community holds strong though :teeth:

I actually agree with this.....because the zed is becoming so much cheaper, boy racers who dreamed about having the zed can now actually afford one! I have thought about getting rid of the zed, but next car is going to be a porsche soo need to save the pennies lol

Saxos , corsas, and cars like that are boy racers in crap cars with 1.2 litre engines and cheap bodykits in my eyes

People will have there own stigmas about things, maybe a bunch of guys with Zs with mods at a meet is viewed as boy racerish by some people ??? Or maybe it's a bunch of guys and gals sharing a similar hobby with like minded people.

You only have to see some of the kits that have been fitted recently to see what kind of people are buying the cars now :)

I must be misunderstanding something here

Can someone define what a boy racer is ???

Majority on here mod cars and go to meets right ? Thats fine

So what we are saying is that when the cars become a lot cheaper ie less than 10k then they turn into boy racer cars....

Might be on my own but I think that's a bit sad, hypocritical and up your own bottom

People are forgetting this is soon going to become an expensive car to run!!

Boy racer (chav) doesn't have the money to run such a car let alone pay for the insurance and tax!!!

Boy racers buy cheap cars and mod it on the cheap!

This will never happen with the zed.

End of

was going to say what jay said, they don't all roll in corsas and nova's, prime example of high end performance cars turning chav:

Ford cossie

306 GTi6 }

205 GTi } all 3 of these were expensive cars when they came out.

Golf GTi }

Scooby

Evo

300zx (not so much)

as for classifying a boyracer, it tends to be someone with no taste in mods, and act like a prat in a car. often found in carparks doing donuts, and trying to race each other on public roads.

now i maybe on my own here, but i would also classify huge ICE installs as part of that scene. i'm talking about the huge outragous ones.

You only have to see some of the kits that have been fitted recently to see what kind of people

are buying the cars now :)

Not being funny bud but your car doesn't look exactly stock !

So are we saying mad markies veilside is boy racerish ?

Or is that fine cos he put the kit on when the car was worth £18k. Don't get it I'm afraid !

You only have to see some of the kits that have been fitted recently to see what kind of people

are buying the cars now :)

Not being funny bud but your car doesn't look exactly stock !

So are we saying mad markies veilside is boy racerish ?

Or is that fine cos he put the kit on when the car was worth £18k. Don't get it I'm afraid !

There is a big difference between subtle mods & fitting hideous wide arch kits :)

So a boy racer is defined by how ugly he has turned his car ?

There's been a few out of the ordinary kits put on zeds recently I agree with that, they are not to my taste either but just cos a few people are doing things differently doesn't mean the ZEd is turning chavvy or boy racerish.

2 Vauxhall corsas -

1 has a widebody kit, no performance mods, massive wheels & a lairy paint job.

the 2nd one has a subtle lip kit, a decent size non flashy wheels & some proper performance mods.

Which one is the chav?

Nobody has said that the Z is turning chavvy but no matter what way you look at it there are examples out there which are owned by chavs & they are usually awful looking.

I hate the Veilside kit with a passion (not as much as that Ibherdesign POS though :lol: ) but the kit is very much colour dependant. Jay, Andy & that guy with the white one made it work. But in other colours it really doesn't work. You also need the right wheels to pull it off