Up rev tuning 350 and 370Z

Mark@Abbey m/s

Been working out a game plan for the pricing of the Up rev remaps;

My thoughts are as follows;

On all 350Z car VQ35DE and HR

If you car is std or just an exhaust/air filter/ manifold spacer, I am trying to provide a reflash that will tweak the fuel/ignition and cam maps.This will not involve any remapping just a straight up load and a before/after dyno run. Once the Uprev license is uploaded you will be able at a later date have the map tweaked to suit you car or after adding any more mods all the map to be mapped to suit your new mods.

would this suit the majority of 350Z owners?

I will then be able to provide a Up rev license and mapping service for all other set up,s including APS T/T kits removing the Unichip set up and other N/A and charged set up,s.

I am still working on prices thou , I am very busy this week with dyno work as I have been on holiday :teeth: I hope to have some prices worke dout next week sometime.

Mark

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not knowing to much about the engine side of things!! how would this differ from what RS tuning offer just wondering which would be most beneficial to myself :thumbs:

Both use UpRev chap. So if they both mapped it on the dyno, you'd get near as damnit the same result. What Abbey are planning to offer is a generic map(s) for members who have specific upgrades already made ready to go. So say you have plenum spacer, intake and exhaust, they can apply their generic map and its good to go. No need for the dyno work. Now in theory, it wont get you quite as much power as the proper dyno session (Abbey can advise), but may get you most of the way there, for hopefully, quite a bit less cost as you cut out a few hours on the dyno. You can always add to it and have a dyno session afterwards for a proper tune. I've been banging on about someone doing this for ages :bangin: Revo do it for the VAG cars and offer various generic tunes based on what mods you have. The ECU should be able to tune (tweak) itself enough for the small variations between cars with the same mods :thumbs:

id be interested in a base map without any fancy adjustments and no dyno on mine... just to see if it takes off the speed limiter!

Import I presume? can you get me the ecu number , we are working on the de limiter on the JDM car,s at the moment , I have a JDM car that we are trying to sort out the limiter.

Will keep you in the know as to speak

now who want,s a cheap deal on a remap then , Early UK car with exhaust system, mainfold spacer and air filter kit?

Mark

id be interested in a base map without any fancy adjustments and no dyno on mine... just to see if it takes off the speed limiter!

Import I presume? can you get me the ecu number , we are working on the de limiter on the JDM car,s at the moment , I have a JDM car that we are trying to sort out the limiter.

Will keep you in the know as to speak

now who want,s a cheap deal on a remap then , Early UK car with exhaust system, mainfold spacer and air filter kit?

Mark

:dance: yup JDM it is, is there a better way to get the ecu number then having to look at the actual ecu? I'll PM you the nr.

:clap:

I have a 2003 (53) with plenum spacer, popcharger and Nismo exhaust if you are interested. Not sure when you'd need the car and how long for, but I can do weekends. Let me know the details, as I'm interested ;) I assume you'll need a few cars to see what the working range of these things are anyway (i.e. not all cars with the same mods behave the same).

Just having a quick bite to eat at my desk , really busy at the moment getting a drag car ready for the weekend.

Once I am back in the office next week , I work out what car will work best ( I have a STD car for every other model) but a mildly tuned car will be good.

Z fanatic , we just had the patch done for the GT4 cars like yours I hope to tune one within the next 2/3 weeks I let you know how we get on. Dont think we will be able to give you any more revs as the limit on RPM is the alloy valve caps, to many revs can cause these to fail.

Hi guys, I have a nismo R tune ECU, If I were to have it mapped would it erase the ECU to stock and then tune from there? Ie. Making the fact that it was once a nismo ECU worthless? It wouldn't have a faster processor or more ROM space would it?

I was reading on the 200sx forums that the nismo ecu rom for them has a bigger eprom, therefore allowing more maps than the stock one.

The question then is if UpRev even supports it, or if it is a different ECU all together. If it does, happy days, we can rip off what Nismo have done and copy their map :teeth:

When i had mine done i was chatting to paul and he mentioned the early cars have a gen1 ecu which the up rev is only able to program 1 map to. If you have a gen 2 i think there are up to 8 maps to be had interchangeable with the cruise control.....So ian you fall at the first hurdle :lol:

When i had mine done i was chatting to paul and he mentioned the early cars have a gen1 ecu which the up rev is only able to program 1 map to. If you have a gen 2 i think there are up to 8 maps to be had interchangeable with the cruise control.....So ian you fall at the first hurdle :lol:

But how do you know that it is definitely a remapped stock ecu? If you look there are some fairlady Z's and some nismo 350zs with cruise control too and nobody knows what car (even what year of car) this ECU originally came out of.

I'm sure you are right mate but I just want someone at uprev who has had one plugged in to confirm this :thumbs: