Up rev tuning 350 and 370Z

Mark@Abbey m/s

Well upon removing your old ecu and having them side my side the only difference was 1 sticker. Obviously i don't know for sure but i would of thought it was a map on the ecu that gave it nismo status

Mate, i totally agree with you, it prob is just a remap and a sticker but I just wanted to know.

iphone-3g-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg

You get me?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to know , I think Uprev are the people that tuned the Nismo ECU. We have some Nismo maps on the Uprev system.

But if it is a Gen 1 ECU it wont allow multi maps , but all Gen 2 allow you to have 4 maps.

But you would loose your nismo map , unless we can dump your ECU send it to Uprev they can then patch and then allow us to reload it if needed. But a Nismo map is for 100 octane fuel , not like our parraffin 98 octane. The cars would love to run on some proper octane fuel i know... :D

Z fanatic , we just had the patch done for the GT4 cars like yours I hope to tune one within the next 2/3 weeks I let you know how we get on. Dont think we will be able to give you any more revs as the limit on RPM is the alloy valve caps, to many revs can cause these to fail.

I prefer the name Booner ;):lol:

Cool, just let me know.

I am aiming for the following setup for a remap if it helps?

GT4 (296bhp and revs to 7000rpm... achieved with Nissan map and something modified in the engine as standard if I remember correctly?)

Mods:

JWT Popcharger intake

MotorDyne 5/16" Iso Thermal plenum spacer

MREV2 Lower collector

• 2 weeks later...

GT4 / Rev up models ( 2 x variable cam timing) , I have a car already lined up , it is a car that I have rebuilt the motor on , so we know the car is in A1 condition.

Also have a Standard HR engine ( latest model) car lined up so will have a generic map sorted for that soon as well.

Finally had time to sit down and have a think , really need a totally STD early car to start with before we move onto what I call Stage 1 mods.

So I need a early car (Gen 1 ECU,ed) single variable cam timing 2002/2003 car to tune.

I would need the car for around 2/3 days , we can supply a courtesy car for you to use while we are tuning your car.

Once we get this sorted I let the tweaked car people know.

Mark

thanks lads/girls. Looks like I will be onto mapping cars late september/early october, so will be in touch with people very soon.

Been doing some working out on prices I think the reflashes will be around £345-00 inc vat , this includes a before and after dyno run. This isnt cast in stone yet but a fair price. Extra time on the dyno will be charged at £97-75 inc vat per hour on the dyno ( VAT @ 15%) say if you car needs a little more work as it has a few different mods than what the reflash has been tuned for.

can I have some feed back on this please. :teeth:

Mark

thanks lads/girls. Looks like I will be onto mapping cars late september/early october, so will be in touch with people very soon.

Been doing some working out on prices I think the reflashes will be around £345-00 inc vat , this includes a before and after dyno run. This isnt cast in stone yet but a fair price. Extra time on the dyno will be charged at £97-75 inc vat per hour on the dyno ( VAT @ 15%) say if you car needs a little more work as it has a few different mods than what the reflash has been tuned for.

can I have some feed back on this please. :teeth:

Mark

Sounds like a great price to me :thumbs:

You number chaser Rob :p

To be honest most engine tuners will not quote figures for a number of reasons usually because every car varies on application and if you dont achieve the 10-15bhp your'll be disappointed.

:teeth:

Exactly..... So an indication of what has been seen would help people make the decision :)

Understand the implications of age etc. just trying to get a ball park.

all cars are always different a car with 10,000 miles on the clock will give more bhp than a car with 80,000 miles. So we cant give definite quotes, but your def get an improvement.

Have a look at the RS tuning thread , you get an idea of the gains from Up Rev remap ( reflash).

Thats not strictly true, as my 04 car with 77,000 miles on the clock was about 10hp or more up on a newer z with less than 20,000 miles on the clock at JTS silverstone last year. Not sure who's car it was at the the time but i know James (shire) was there having his rolling roaded at the same time, so he may remember.