Up rev tuning 350 and 370Z

Mark@Abbey m/s

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was time to post up some dyno plots for the Uprev mods we can do.

Tuned a totally STD UK 350z 276bhp car.

Attached are the dyno plots

Red is the car as supplied STD Purple is after tuning with the UPREV system.

BHP gain of 3/4 bhp thoughout the rev range , smoothed the bhp over 5000rpm no real gain in BHP top end , the base car was a good car gave 250 hub BHP. Torque again 4/5 lb/ft entire rev range more around 5000 to 6000 rpm

As well as tuning the Fuel/Ignition/Cams maps we retune the throttle map to allow full throttle at all rpms and raise the speed limiter to 180mph and raise the rev limit by 100rpm.

Remember our dyno reads at the hubs, the BHP is measured at the hubs , Torque is again measured at the hubs and then divided by final drive ratio to give a flywheel figure , the car was tuned on the same day. Car was run in 4th gear.Inlet temperature read from the car temperature sensor was at 22 deg centigrade.post-4874-135011866251_thumb.jpg

2nd set of dyno plots. RED again STD car BLUE car fitted with POP charger and tuned with Uprev.

Same conditions as 1st set of plots gained a fair amount of torque through the entire rev range and gained BHP top end and smoothed the power out.

With the popcharger fitted we gained 7 bhp top end from the uprev+ popcharger and 7/8 lb/ft of torque max mostly around the 5000 + rpm range.

post-4874-135011866294_thumb.jpg

Can you post the acutal numers for us? Its quite hard to read on the graph (might just be me!) to make out the real numbers. Looks like a nice bump in power having a popcharger over stock.

You might also want to blank out the name a bit better, I can see who had it done :ninja:

Re the number do you mean max numbers which I feel are pretty pointless with tuning it always the area under the graph that I look at.

The map for the STD car re the map for the Popcharger there is a fair amount of difference. I feel the Popcharger shortens the inlet length so losing low end torque but gained top end BHP.

Re the person that had it done I think they will be okay.If not I will rescan them.

Yeah I was after the headline figures, because its not that easy to interpolate the results from the graph - probably would be with a hard copy. ATM the remap of the stock car doesnt look to do an aweful lot, but I'm sure thats not the case. The popcharger variant looks to be a decent hike in torque and power :thumbs:

Are you looking to get one on with things like a plenum spacer and/or y-Pipe and decats? I think thats the upgrade path that most follow :)

Chris,

re scaned the pictures.....put a not on each thread re figures, I feel everyone looks at the headline figure to much , As I have said area under the graph is what counts.

Everything was done under controlled definitions , inlet charge temp within 2 degress C ,ambient within 2 degress , run length the same , same gear.

hope this helps everyone.

Good stuff. I should be along in the new year to get my car done. Just need to work out if its worth doing hiflow cats or not before getting it done. Also need to get the Nismo Y-Pipe I have repaired (needs new flexi pipe) or replaced to get the most out of the remap.

Some more dyno plots , cheers for letting me use them Andy Mc. 08 car with the HR motor fitted

GREEN plot STD car, RED plot STD car with Uprev

Again on the same day ,tweaked fuel/ignition/cam maps, tweaked throttle map for response , raised speed limiter and rev limits. All runs under same conditions on Dynapack dyno. Inlet temp around 23 degres C.

Seems this motor like running rich tried to lean it off lost BHP and TORQUE. gained around 4/5 bhp through out rev range.

And 4/5 lb/ft of torque through out rev range.post-4874-135011866307_thumb.jpg

Same car again , fitted with Nismo filters kit and HKS Y pipe.

GREEN STD car BLUE Nismo filters,HKS Y pipe and Uprev

Gained torque from 3000 rpm to red line approx 10lb/ft , car came alive between 3 and 5000rpm. Gained 6/8 bhp thoughout entire rev range again right up to red linepost-4874-135011866321_thumb.jpg

Yeah I was after the headline figures, because its not that easy to interpolate the results from the graph - probably would be with a hard copy. ATM the remap of the stock car doesnt look to do an aweful lot, but I'm sure thats not the case. The popcharger variant looks to be a decent hike in torque and power :thumbs:

The trouble is headline figure of a few HP would put people off spendin out, its not a huge gain imho

However the limiter removal and throttle control being modified would make it feel better

The trouble is headline figure of a few HP would put people off spendin out, its not a huge gain imho

However the limiter removal and throttle control being modified would make it feel better

The issue was you couldnt clearly make out what the achivement actually was because the grid wasnt legible. Without reference you can make the difference look as big or as small as you want just changing the axis. Headline before and after at least gives an indication to the gain made and then you can see how much more has been made mid range etc.

The issue was you couldnt clearly make out what the achivement actually was because the grid wasnt legible. Without reference you can make the difference look as big or as small as you want just changing the axis. Headline before and after at least gives an indication to the gain made and then you can see how much more has been made mid range etc.

Yeah i saw what you ment buddy and this kinda links to my opinion that if it was made more legible especially by giving the max gains then people may be put off as its not a huge gain :thumbs: id be very interested to see the gains available with intake and exhaust mods......you would hope it was more than a few %

Yes but look at the area under the graph , thats the gain, we arent just gaining torque and bhp for a very small rev range it is increased right through the rev range.

As the car is a N/A car we arent going to gain 30/40 bhp and torque we can just nibble at the maps to smooth the curves gian a few bhp or lb/ft here and there.

I havent done a car yet that someone hasnt been pleased with.

Boys , is this any good for you.

2nd set of dyno plots. RED again STD car BLUE car fitted with POP charger and tuned with Uprev.

Same conditions as 1st set of plots gained a fair amount of torque through the entire rev range and gained BHP top end and smoothed the power out.

With the popcharger fitted we gained 7 bhp top end from the uprev+ popcharger and 7/8 lb/ft of torque max mostly around the 5000 + rpm range.

We have scrolled in to make the gains more easily to be seen. The Dynapack autoplots the graph axis,s , thats why the graph uses the whole page I can if you want add a set of graph axis,s like a Dyno dynamics this will smooth the graph thou , but it can make the graph enhance the figures.

I can also scan and link up the hard figures if you want to view these for you information.Even use these to configure your own graphs.

Mark

Why is the torque scale so far out on all the graphs? I mean, it'd be nice to have 1100lb/ft but I do think that's a tad unrealistic for a V6 N/A ;)

Personally I can't see anything much wrong with the original graphs you posted: You can clearly see the increase between the two runs, and if anything those later graphs confuse matters as they only start from 4.5K rpm so don't show the true picture. And yeah, pleasing all of the people all of the time and stuff :p:lol:

You need to re read the start of the dyno plots posts, our dyno reads BHP and torque at the hubs. You get a big figure of torque at the hubs due to the multiplication of the gearbox and final drive ratio,s.

On the 2nd dynoplot you get flywheel figure for the engine torque and AFR (air fuel ratio)

if anything those later graphs confuse matters as they only start from 4.5K rpm so don't show the true picture

I have zoomed in to make it easier to see the gains , I can,t show the whole graph then I am afraid.

If I have confused anyone I am sorry for that.

Mark

You need to re read the start of the dyno plots posts, our dyno reads BHP and torque at the hubs. You get a big figure of torque at the hubs due to the multiplication of the gearbox and final drive ratio,s.

Right, I see what you're getting at now, my mistake. Surely it'd be easier just to set the software to show the correct figure as other Dynapack machines do?

Sorry, I really don't mean to sound argumentative here as I personally think those numbers and curves look fantastic and have certainly convinced me that I'll happily chuck my car your way in the near future to have the remap done :thumbs:

The figures are corrected in the 2nd plot , on the left it has flywheel torque on the right AFR.

We can put flywheel torque up with Flywheel power but this isnt correct as the dyno doesnt read flywheel BHP.

yeah that would just be some sort of calcuation 'backwards' ? Like +15-20% and then give +-5%?

I think that looks good, real impressed that a simple pop charger gave gains on 7hp! Must be where my car currently has a limiter (pipe and all to the maf).

What pop charger did you go for? Was hoping to get a custom pipe built and box but I'm not the one that likes waiting around :bounce:

Any luck with the other thing yet? :dots: