Hi there, Big into modifying!

Hello people

Thought i'd introduce myself as im soon to a be Z owner.

I probably wont be very popular but here goes:

Im BIG into serious modifying, ive built a Fiesta that i take to every car show, been to foreign shows and even managed to bring home a few trophies, spent ridiculous amounts of money on it and tbh it's been a massive part of my life and quite frankly has given me my life and made me who i am over the last 3 years. But, come next time i think it'sgoing to be time to move on, and well a Z is the next step for me.

As i said im a big modifying fan, so plan to do quite a bit of work to the Z. Im not too sure how well you guys take to highly modifying Z's.... previous experience on owners clubs tend to not be huge fans of over the top modifying, but oh well.

If anyones interested here's a few pics of my motor (to prove im not all talk! im sure you guys get a lot of people saying 'im going do this and this and this......)

DSC_0067-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

DSC_0073-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

22-1.jpg

ANYWAY.... on to the Z

Basical plans are to get hold of probably a 2006onwards Z. Ill be putting on a veilside v3 full kit, yellow and black paint job, and i think i can squeeze a set of 13" wide wheels on a back which im still on the hunt for but i believe ive found a very nice set.

Quite a few more plans, and hopefully a future plan would be a twin turbo conversion....potentially! I know all the costs dont worry, i wont be planning to do anything without looking into prices first, i learnt all these lessons the hard way with my Fiesta.

The car will be very 'Show' oriented though, hopefully theres some other 'show scene' guys on here. You seem to get a lot of grief on other owners club if your not a 'track whore' with a track themed car.

Anyway, im going to putting up a post soon enquiring a few bits of info to do with fittings of the veilside kit, hopefully there are some others on here with previous experience in the kit :)

Looking forward to being a fellow Z owner sometime year!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate welcome aboard :thumbs:

you feistey look amazing B)

big into the modifying scene myself and you have stumbled accross a great site here, load of friendly people who will go out of there way to help

if you need any info feel free to ask :thumbs:

Paul

How's tricks?

Welcome to the forum :teeth::welcome:

Didn't realise you were looking at getting a zed so soon.

Good luck with the new project.

And Just as a guide for you I spent £25K on mods alone, and you've seen the car so know what's been done.

Muddy

Seem like a good bunch!! i had a feeling i'd get some bad press saying i wanted a veilside kit ;)

How's tricks?

Welcome to the forum :teeth::welcome:

Didn't realise you were looking at getting a zed so soon.

Good luck with the new project.

And Just as a guide for you I spent £25K on mods alone, and you've seen the car so know what's been done.

Muddy

Hello dude!!!

Yeah im planning one for around early summer next year, but id like to get the kit and wheels before hand.

Dude i know all about the money situation haha the Fiesta is on £27k at the mo which is just ridiculous!

Modding isnt going to a problem im quite good with ideas once ive figured out the ins and outs of the kit im sorted, its finding the right car to start with thats going to take time!!

Catch up with you soon matey!

Nice fiesta mate :thumbs: seen it at a couple of shows and looks great in the flesh.

Guess it dosnt matter which sites you go to, there will always be someone that wont like what you have done, you just cant please everyone all of the time!!

Good luck with the Zed and hope you get all sorted. Looks like you may be giving Muddy some healthy competition!!

:welcome:

As said by the others, we like most Zeds here, from highly track oriented to highly modified show cars. You wont please everyone, but everyone can appreciate the effort taken.

The traders on here will be more than happy to help out sourcing kit for you project too :thumbs:

Welcome :)

You won't get any complains from me if you mod with the same level of taste you used with that Fiesta. When I first starting reading this I though 'oh no, a modded fiesta, how bad is that going to look!' as you see some absolute howlers in the small car arena, but I was very pleasantly surprised that you have produced something of such high quality and subtlety (relatively speaking :lol:).

You and a Z shoudl go far, but be warned that there are some seriously beautiful Zs out there so you will have stiff competition. Oh, and you may need quite a lot of money too!