My JDM 350Z

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It basically a freeview box designed to work in the car. I pick up 35 TV channels and around 30 digital radio stations.

I had a good look around uk stores for a decent one that works when on the move and they were all coming in at around £200. I then managed to source the same unit direct from china for £122 delivered. Here's the ebay link for anyone that is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TWIN-2-TUNER-CAR- ... 7C294%3A30

He accepted a best offer of £95. Please note the DHL charged me an extra £14 import tax so that's £136 in total.

thanks for that mate. good to know! your really tempting me now haha

but how do the license work? do i need to pay more tv license fees?

thanks

Doubt it, never really thought about that since it not a house nor a place of residence. As if they are ever going to start looking in cars anyway, though it is the british government we are taking about :rant:

I'm certainly not going to pay anymore that what is paid for the household.

It basically a freeview box designed to work in the car. I pick up 35 TV channels and around 30 digital radio stations.

I had a good look around uk stores for a decent one that works when on the move and they were all coming in at around £200. I then managed to source the same unit direct from china for £122 delivered. Here's the ebay link for anyone that is interested.

He accepted a best offer of £95. Please note the DHL charged me an extra £14 import tax so that's £136 in total.

thanks

I would have thought you'd be covered under your normal house license. Its a portable TV after all, same as caravans ;)

thanks

I would have thought you'd be covered under your normal house license. Its a portable TV after all, same as caravans ;)

I didn't pay any license fee on the G, fook that.

thanks

I didn't pay any license fee on the G, fook that.

Like to see them try and catch a Gallardo in a TV licence scanner van :lol:

Jim,

It's where the import dealer put the fog light switch. They also put what I can only describe as a caravan fog light on the back which was quickly removed. So i need to find a sleeker solution to cover the three mounting holes they left in the bottom of the bumper.

Jim,

It's where the import dealer put the fog light switch. They also put what I can only describe as a caravan fog light on the back which was quickly removed. So i need to find a sleeker solution to cover the three mounting holes they left in the bottom of the bumper.

How about a U.K spec GT bumper (i have one up for sale), and then you could go about getting a u.k fog light set-up,which would be a doddle :thumbs:

I was thinking more like a £30 flush bumper mount fog light from ebay to cover the holes. Would love to stick a UK bumper on but I'm saving for a house just now so it would be a luxury I could do without. Thanks for offering though.

I was thinking more like a £30 flush bumper mount fog light from ebay to cover the holes. Would love to stick a UK bumper on but I'm saving for a house just now so it would be a luxury I could do without. Thanks for offering though.

tbh mate not looking fo rhuge bucks as want it rid a,s,a,p ;)