My JDM 350Z

Hi all, I joined up over on **REMOVED** and thought I'd do the same here as it looks like a pretty active forum.

My name is Craig and last Wednesday I picked up my mint 52 plate 350z in full GT trim. Paid a well worth it £11.4k in immaculate condition with only 15k miles on the clock.

Thursday and Friday I removed all the interior trim and fitted digital tv into the defunt jap nav and DVD rom spaces. Fitted a new AV compatible 7" LCD widescreen into the old screen casing and did the AUX in mod to the bose tape deck for the audio. Digibox was fitted into the old dvd rom casing and mounted in the same place. Dual high gain active antennas were placed in both of the small rear windows. All powered off the rear 12v power outlet via an automotive relay controlled by the screen door opening. The picture and sound quality are top notch and there is no picture issues even at motorway speeds. This also gives me digital radio through the existing bose which gets rid of the poor band expander reception. The old jap nav button were blanked off and sprayed satin chrome. Here's some pics of it in action.

Photo019Medium.jpg

Photo020Medium.jpg

Photo028Medium.jpg

Photo029Medium.jpg

Photo035Medium.jpg

On Saturday I then washed, waxed and valeted the car. What do yous think?

Photo001Medium.jpg

Photo002Medium.jpg

Photo003Medium.jpg

Photo004Medium.jpg

Photo005Medium.jpg

Photo006Medium.jpg

Photo007Medium.jpg

Photo008Medium.jpg

Photo009Medium.jpg

Photo010Medium.jpg

Photo011Medium.jpg

Photo012Medium.jpg

Photo013Medium.jpg

Photo014Medium.jpg

Photo015Medium.jpg

Photo017Medium.jpg

Photo016Medium.jpg

Photo021Medium.jpg

Then the last few nights I've been out doing a few 0-60 runs with the G-tech pro. Managing to get consistent 5.7s now with 5.57s my best thus far. Don't think the car is completely standard as it had a few nismo reciepts and one from fujitsubo. Launching with left foot on the brake and revs held to around 1.3k, then brake off and throttle down 3/4 till past 3k then foot to the floor. Doing a manual tiptronic up shift on the redline then holding out second gear. I'm really happy with the performance as it's a good indication of the car's health. I'll give the drivetrain a rest now though I think.

I'm absolutely loving the car and it makes me smile ear to ear everytime I'm out in it. Having come from an excellent but a little mundane mondeo ST TDCi, I got the grin factor back that I used to have with my old 285bhp focus ST.

Look forward to contributing to the forum

Cheers

Craig

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum mate, very clean zed you have there and the v2 spoiler is B)

You just missed the central scotland (glasgow) meet about 2 weeks ago, check it out in the regional map area. Keep your eyes peeled tho as I am sure I will be organising another one soon :)

Yeah hopefully, i'm from Airdrie. so any central scottish meets I'd be up for. There seems to be loads of z's up here!!

Yep!

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=84 that is the Scottish meets section. It's new but fairly active. If you have any suggestions for meets then feel free to contribute. We are always looking for fresh ideas!

Just got the reversing camera to do this weekend. That should be simpler though as it just plugs into the AV input of the digibox and the image is already mirrored. Then just press AV on the remote to bring it up. Looking at mounting it beside or within the rear number plate.

Just got the reversing camera to do this weekend. That should be simpler though as it just plugs into the AV input of the digibox and the image is already mirrored. Then just press AV on the remote to bring it up. Looking at mounting it beside or within the rear number plate.

Tow eye cover is a favourite of many to mount the cam. Its more obvious its there but easier to access to installation. Its the bit just below the numperplate in the middle of the bumper if you didnt know already. Pops off nice and easy :thumbs:

:welcome:

My JDM doesn't have the rear towing eye whatsit so yours probably doesnt either.

Great install - very impressed! And a very nice clean example of a zed! :thumbs:

I was going to say I couldn't remember any towing eye when I was cleaning it, that explains it. Oh well back to the original plan.

Photo008Medium.jpg

Quite correct!

Welocome and a great intro :thumbs:

Good to see you have already put your skills to use - very impressive B)

But you might come to regret saying

Yeah I'm an electronics engineer, so I'm free for any advice if anyone needs it.
:lol:

It basically a freeview box designed to work in the car. I pick up 35 TV channels and around 30 digital radio stations.

I had a good look around uk stores for a decent one that works when on the move and they were all coming in at around £200. I then managed to source the same unit direct from china for £122 delivered. Here's the ebay link for anyone that is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TWIN-2-TUNER-CAR- ... 7C294%3A30

He accepted a best offer of £95. Please note the DHL charged me an extra £14 import tax so that's £136 in total.