Miles to a tank!!

scottsoulby

I'm now doing a 30 mile run each way to work, and am on average fillinmg up at about 350 miles gone, with between 50-90 left according to the computer.

Much better than i was expecting and much better than my old 1.6 Mini Cooper S lol.

what mpg u getting? . My short cold engine runs are giving me about 17 !!!! :surrender:

I think there are massive diffences in one persons "empty" and other peoples. Some people fill up when there is a quarter left, some when the light comes on, others when the ------ comes up.

I used to do 500 miles a week in mine and 400+ miles from a full tank before the light came on was very hard to achieve even driving conservatively.

I once, out of neccessity, did 360 miles untill the light came on and then 70 miles on the --------- but i had everything turned off and was riding the clutch downhill at every opportunity :lol:

still massive differences though between us which really surprises me! Just shows how different journeys are. I put about £50 a week in before the light comes on and only do about 250 a week but then again a 25 mile trip to work usually takes about 45 mins to that says it all!

Not wanting to side step on this post but does anyone actually believe what the mpg displays? Sometimes mine will dsiplay high 60's for a split second, then 20's then steady itself at mid 30's. If i drive with nothing turned on and cruising at 65 i get around 28mpg, if i cruise at around 75 i get around 33mpg?

Remember that the JDM tank is smaller than the UK one......

I agree with Sarnie though, I fill up at about a quarter and it varies a lot with the type of driving I do. If you do a 50 mile motorway commute at a steady speed and then fill up with dte 20 then of course you'll get more to a 'tank' than someone who hoons accross the countryside at every oporyunity and then fills up at a quarter.