New 370 Z pixs

Indyzed

Why does the yellow one have a rear spoiler but the GM one doesn't?

Is the Nismo exhaust standard now?

Have they dropped the brembo's?

I imagine there'll be different models over in the US again - Touring, Track etc. and it may be fitted to only some.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to look terrible on standard 18"s. :headhurt:

I think if you painted the lower part of the front bumper, inside the recess it would look a lot better.

Identification plate (one of the last pics in the link) seems to confirm 19" and all other info I have seen seems to suggest that will be standard fit ;)

IMG_1413-2.jpg

Autocar said different this week and that 19" will be an option. Judging by the conflicting info around the UK GTR specs, we may not know the truth until the first cars land!

Probability of 18's on the UK as standard, (look like the GT4 wheels) and 19's are an option ;)

I thought you guys might be interested in the following, taken directly from the press release by **REMOVED**, and posted here with no intention of malice, trolling, fire starting or the like, just purely sharing the information.

:thumbs:

3050732809_c0e795cffc_o.jpg

Yesterday saw the first public showing of the brand new Nissan 370Z in the UK. And we at **REMOVED** were proud to be the ones to have it first. It took an awful lot of planning and with the help of both Nissan UK and Nissan Europe, **REMOVED** were able to unveil the replacement to the 350Z to their members at the club AGM. In keeping with such an occasion the venue chosen was the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire. The car (seen below) had been driven to the UK under cover of darkness direct from the European HQ of the Nissan Sports Division in Geneva. Still on European tradeplates the car was one of the very first production prototypes in Europe. Coming to the UK just 3 days after the official launch, gave **REMOVED** members an exclusive first hand viewing of what is going to be the 2 seater sports coupe of 2009.

3051579004_1edb6a7187_o.jpg

The new design was quickly put side by side with its predecessor and it was clear to see that key qualities of the 350Z had been considered and improved upon in the new design. "This car really needs to be seen to be appreciated" said David Baker, "The photos just don't do it justice". On hand was Marshall Nissans Dealer Principle Dave Arrowsmith, who was within minutes, practically fighting off offers of deposits, until the cars official announcement in the UK.

3051577574_4258dfb35b_o.jpg

What has been seen by the press and the pundits as an evolution rather than a revolution, can be, (when seen in the flesh) proven to be a radical and correct step in the right direction following on from the 350Z as another ground breaking design. Its size really is deceptive. It was only when placed side by side with its predecessor that it became apparent just how compact the new design is. And yet none of the qualities found in the old car have been lost. Despite increased safety regulations (which usually encounters more weight) the new 370Z manages to maintain a similar weight to the 350Z by using more aluminium components and lowers the centre of gravity over the old car. Also up is the power output from the all new 3.7 litre V6 engine.

3050736937_2a5576365a_o.jpg

3051572234_ac8338469f_o.jpg

Also expected for the first time in the UK, is an automatic version featuring a 7 speed auto 'box. Whilst prices and specification have yet to be confirmed by Nissan UK, it is clear that they are on to yet another class leading winner with the replacement to the highly acclaimed 350Z.

Stay tuned for more information over the coming days and some video footage of our time with the car.

3050736601_91a506fa90_o.jpg

http://forums.DELETED.com//index.php?showtopic=21331

Great pics but the copy's a bit sycophantic... ;)

Yeah that's what you call "a press release" usual when someone has driven a car all the way from Switzerland just for you. ;) I personally really liked the car, and if you think thats gushing you should have been there to hear peoples opinions. Made me sick. :lol:

i need to see this in the flesh.

its growing on me, some pics make me like it, others make me hate it.

i would never change my car now, but in years to come i might upgrade unless their is something better, but by then i would hope the GTR would be more affordable as i prefer that.

Why does the yellow one have a rear spoiler but the GM one doesn't?

Is the Nismo exhaust standard now?

Have they dropped the brembo's?

Spolier is probably like the current Zed, you can have it without if you want (a lot in the US dont have the spoiler)

Nismo exhaust is an option going by the stuff posted by 3FIDDYZ a while back (the scans of docs) looks like they're just showing it off.

To me they look like re-branded brembos ;)

Nope, not Brembos, but they are made by a japanese company that makes race car series brakes :)

brakes are supposed to be brilliant!!! variable pedal stroke ! longer travel at slower speed to give a soft control feel. shorter pedal travel at higher speed to give instant bite and sudden effect!

The Dash board is from some sort of moulded material. Leather and Suede mix is brilliant. Lower seats. The lights were the taking point...but the rear LED's were cool and the front boomerang lights are not as bad as the pictures seem to show.

wider track and wider wheels as standard.

yep...pretty good update!

Not sure I'd like a variable pedal stroke, would have to try it before I would be convinced its worth it. I like to be able to know if I apply x amount of pressure, I will get y amount of braking. Giving it x at different speeds and getting a different y back, would not inspire confidence to me, as you dont immediately know how much you will get. But in reality, I guess it must work otherwise they wouldnt have done it ;)

Not sure I'd like a variable pedal stroke, would have to try it before I would be convinced its worth it. I like to be able to know if I apply x amount of pressure, I will get y amount of braking. Giving it x at different speeds and getting a different y back, would not inspire confidence to me, as you dont immediately know how much you will get. But in reality, I guess it must work otherwise they wouldnt have done it ;)

I think the reviews will be telling. How many times have car manufacturers come up with clever gimmicks with steering etc. only for them to get a big thumbs down from the enthusiast magazines? Chances are the brake thing and the blipping thing will either be brilliant or pants.

I think the reviews will be telling. How many times have car manufacturers come up with clever gimmicks with steering etc. only for them to get a big thumbs down from the enthusiast magazines? Chances are the brake thing and the blipping thing will either be brilliant or pants.

Unfortunately, I'm siding with pants until I get a go in one :surrender: