Pulled by Rozzers for having a loud car!!!!

Lexx

I think I must have seriously upset someone recently, as karma is gettins its own back this week!

Just been pulled over by the local county car.

Pulled into a near carpark, and got out the car. Copper did a check on my car over the radio, then turned to me.

Conversation goes like this

"Whats the speed limit on that road?"

"40"

"and what where you doing?"

"45"

"No, I'll tell you what you were doing. You were doing 55" (this isnt possible as I had already spotted him in the petrol station and was only at 45mph as I'd had to accelerate off the roundabout to get outta the way of someone pulling out on me)

"theres only one person in this town allowed to speed son. And that is me" (Im not kidding, those where his words!)

"the reason you came to my attention is the sound of your car. Its sounds like a Tornado jet taking off. And I was in the RAF and I should know. A tornado is loud, but that is louder. (you cant make this @*!# up)

And I can pull you for anything. I'll pull you for havin ga loud stereo, or a loud exhaust."

Im of course just nodding in agreement.

He then goes on to tell me that the courts love him and hate me. And to keep it down and sort out the volume of my car!

I mean! WTF!!

Did he just fancy pulling me, and tell me any old sh!t?

Where can I go to get the volume of my car checked and recorded so that next time I get pulled by him (he'll be looking for me now), I can produce a certifcate showing the volume.

What is the max volume btw?

Im off to wrap myself in cotton wool for the rest of the week.

I think I must have seriously upset someone recently, as karma is gettins its own back this week!

Just been pulled over by the local county car.

Pulled into a near carpark, and got out the car. Copper did a check on my car over the radio, then turned to me.

Conversation goes like this

"Whats the speed limit on that road?"

"40"

"and what where you doing?"

"45"

"No, I'll tell you what you were doing. You were doing 55" (this isnt possible as I had already spotted him in the petrol station and was only at 45mph as I'd had to accelerate off the roundabout to get outta the way of someone pulling out on me)

"theres only one person in this town allowed to speed son. And that is me" (Im not kidding, those where his words!)

"the reason you came to my attention is the sound of your car. Its sounds like a Tornado jet taking off. And I was in the RAF and I should know. A tornado is loud, but that is louder. (you cant make this @*!# up)

And I can pull you for anything. I'll pull you for havin ga loud stereo, or a loud exhaust."

Im of course just nodding in agreement.

He then goes on to tell me that the courts love him and hate me. And to keep it down and sort out the volume of my car!

I mean! WTF!!

Did he just fancy pulling me, and tell me any old sh!t?

Where can I go to get the volume of my car checked and recorded so that next time I get pulled by him (he'll be looking for me now), I can produce a certifcate showing the volume.

What is the max volume btw?

Im off to wrap myself in cotton wool for the rest of the week.

CHAV :lol:

Should have sat on the limiter with your hand to your ear mouthing "sorry I cant hear you, speak up!" :lol:

He sounds like a proper c0ck!

As Ho said, MOT centre will likely have a dB reader, definately if they do bike MOTs ;)

What a different story to the one the other day when the cops where sensible with one of the guys. You obviously got the No.1 dickhead who is probably unable to keep his wife satisfied or missed giving her a beating last night.

Was he a young cop (normally on a power trip) or an older one who should know better. (probably related to the ranting copper on the Wales run)

What a different story to the one the other day when the cops where sensible with one of the guys. You obviously got the No.1 dickhead who is probably unable to keep his wife satisfied or missed giving her a beating last night.

Was he a young cop (normally on a power trip) or an older one who should know better. ( probably related to the ranting copper on the Wales run)

:lol:

Bikes do have a limit as they don't have a catalytic converter, 99% sure that cars have no set limit it's all down to the individual (both police and MOT tester).

I beleive you are correct from what I've heard before. Hence why I said to goto a bike MOT tester :thumbs:

No upper limit i belive on cars for the very reason said above, agree on bikes...

But breach of the piece is a possibility, but this has to be a constant.. 5zigens are loud at 4k / under load but under that they are pretty quiet...

As he had no way of proving your speed or have anything on your dec limit, just smile and nod....

PITA though... Bet there was someone being burgled or knived when he spent 10 mins dealing with you...

BTW, you know that 19" add an extra 5ish MPH to your speed.... or so my GPS says...

No upper limit i belive on cars for the very reason said above, agree on bikes...

But breach of the piece is a possibility, but this has to be a constant.. 5zigens are loud at 4k / under load but under that they are pretty quiet...

As he had no way of proving your speed or have anything on your dec limit, just smile and nod....

PITA though... Bet there was someone being burgled or knived when he spent 10 mins dealing with you...

BTW, you know that 19" add an extra 5ish MPH to your speed.... or so my GPS says...

not strictly true.if the rolling radius of the 19's is the same as the 18's they were designed to be on which alex's car is then there should be no problem. think your own speedo is out mate.

They don't have to over-read, but if they were under then you'd have a billion and one motorists suing the manufacturers when they got caught by the speed scameras so they tend to go the opposite for the sake of safety.

Using my GPS on the TomTom as a constant, the speed on the dial on my Zed reads 74mph and the multifunction thing says 72mph when TT says 70mph. Strangely though my old VXR220 was absolutely spot-on with GPS and I never got caught by a speed camera, so Lotus/Vauxhall/Stack must be using some far better equipment and have a lot more faith in it than Nissan.

mine increased when I put my 19's on...! I just use my GPS now as its pretty spot on!

Why do they overread?

If its over-reading then you RR must have dropped as it thinks the wheels are spinning quicker than they are. Must be over-reading by quite a bit if its higher than the GPS, GPS will usually be lower than the speedo. Although your stagger must be right or you'd have probs with TCS.

Also, speedo's by law are not allowed to under-read. So therefore they have to be dead on or over-read :thumbs:

As said above, strictly for cars there is no set Db volume that is too loud, however, i am fairly sure that in the letter of the law its not legal to fit an exhaust that is louder than the OE one, and in doing so you open yourself up to this type of pull over situatiuon.

Its upto the officer/MOT tester/Court if it goes there to decide what is acceptable.

On my old integra i had a Buddy Club Pro Spec exhaust, which even makes the K1 sound reasonably quiet compared!

Only 2 times was i pulled over, and on both occasions it was because the coppers wanted a better listen to it, and to tell me how great it sounded. :D Its all down to the copper and their mood tbh, you were just unlucky in this instance!

one of the lads on the MR2ROC got what can be compared to as an ASBO for going a little sideways (apparently) on a roundabout. and for having a noisey car.

i think he was banned from driving through certain parts of town after a certain time.

have to check with Ekona, as he knows stu well. but the situation was very laughable. and we got him an ASBO T-shirt for meets. :lol:

There is a limit on noise however its not strictly on your car, its for the area's etc after certain times! built up residential estate is 112db or something I think after 7pm... not sure can find out tho!

They use it for airplanes, bikes, cars, sterios, parties etc when they really want to annoy people having fun generally!

I blasted through a tunnel the other night and got some friendly looks from a police car sitting on the other side, however I didn't get pulled and I had forgotten my front plate too haha

Best thing is to just drop the clutch and kill the revs as you go past... always drops the noise levels right off! My bike used to shake my house windows on idle, and at 15k rpm it could wake up iraq!! But man it sounded good when going past women in town :lol: