Z owner from Finland

JV-Z

Hi all

I bought my Z in april this year. Since that I have read this well organized forum and learnt a lot about this car. Thanks for that.

Here I Finland we have one good Nissan club and i'm ofcourse the member of it but the problem is that here is mainly SX:s, ZX and Skylines but very rare 350Z:s. I think that these have here under 100 pcs and only few owners are interested to know the car they drive.

Before this I owned many Hondas. The latest was 03 Civic Type-R which I bought brand new and had 5 years. That time I built it to be a good track racer. About 250 hp (still NA) and quarter mile (et) time was under 14 (so this is the refence to the Z B) ).

This Z that I have now is year 04 and when i bought it it was driven only 35 tkm.

In the summer i made some modifications.

Engine:

Nismo CAI

Nismo Radiator Cap, Oil filler Cap, Floor mats

Blox 5/8" plenum spacer

Hondata termal intake manifold gasget

Engine grounding kit

Skunk2 true dual exhaust

Chassis

D2 Coilovers

Cusco front strunt bar

Exterior

Seibon carbon VS front lip

Seibon carbon TT rear lip (not in the pictures yet)

Painted engine cover (silver / black)

Carbon radiator cooling plate

S2000 antenna

Wheels:

Rota torque sport bronze 18". 8,5" wide front and 9,5" rear.

Falken 452 tires. 245/40 front and 275/40 rear.

Buddy club bronze lightweight nuts.

Original Work wheels on wintertyres.

Brakes:

Original Brembo with Ferodo pads.

I also had short shifter but it was some china cheap crap, it was noisy and shifts were worse than without that, so i throw it away.

I had been very happy for the Z. It's not fast but it definitely sporty, good looking and fantastic to drive. Gears are not as good as honda make, but ok. Engine could also give 100 hp/l, what is minimum for my opinion and more revable. Still i love this and these minor thinks can always change.

In future I keep on reading here and the Z is going to have more force.

There is two questions that i haven't find the answer

1) What is the good way to remap the ECU. a) Is it possible to straight remap (in some nissans is ?). B) Does someone have used a programmable chip. c) Is piggybag good way. d) Or is there any good aftermarket replaceable ECU:s that suits to Z. In Civic I used Hondata K-Pro and that was awesome.

2) Have anyone changed original seats to seats that don't have airbags. How the airbag control unit thinks about it. Does that fails the whole airbag system. So do I need some sort of airbag simulator for that and who sells those.

And finally pictures for you. These are few months old but it looks now quite same. Thanks for the pictures to my friend Freddy.

350Z_Fender.jpg

350Z_Side.jpg

And one artistic one

350Z_Artistic.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome: to the forum. A nice looking zed you have there B)

Seats can be changed, and iirc a resistor (2-2.2 ohm) is used across the seat connector to reset the airbag system.

This is good advice. Disconnect the battery first remove seats fit resistor fit new seats.

Thanks for the comments.

Here in Finland our main language is finnish and actually also swedish as well (two language country), but to be honest many of us can't speak swedish as well than english. Thanks to EU and Internet :)

Pictures have taken in place where usually people do some donuts, so i might also do some wheelspin but those marks are no mine. My fotographer thought that those marks would suit to the picture with Z.

Thanks also for the answers to the questions. I have thought also the Utec but that Haltech sounds even better. Here we have several resellers who can tune it. It's a little bit pricy but in my experience ECU is wrong place to save money.

• 5 months later...

:welcome: Awesome looking car there, you have been busy with the upgrades!

With regards to the comments on your English - my experience of Scandinavia (Sweden mainly) is that the English spoken there is of a higher standard than the English spoken in the UK :teeth:
+1 its as if they speak a 'pure' version of English uncontaminated by accents and slang.