Impressive MPG???

nurrish

I worked out recently that on my current mileage, for every 1 mpg that I can increase my annual average by it saves me about £100.

So I've been teaching myself to drive economically on the motorway/dual carriageway to work. They're boring roads and full of speed cameras so doing 65 isn't really that much of a difference.

I'm now on a 33 mpg average :teeth:

I can squeeze 40 mpg from mine sitting at just under 60leptons in 6th with Cruise on.

At 80mph (continent of course!) it will average 32mpg+ (again in 6th with cruise on)

These are figures gleaned from resetting the trip MPG clock, then cruising for at least 10 miles so the MPG levels out.

And yes - aggresive urban or agressive B road driving = 15MPG or less :)

33mpg? Where can I get one of those diesel Zeds? :teeth:

Well take it with a pinch of salt, that's what's shown on the display. I need to check it between fills.

It should be a good comparator though, I've gone up about 5mpg with more restrained driving. :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...

How many buy a ZED for fuel economy reasons?

The number of threads that continue to pop up on the subject amaze me - I think of nothing more tedious than driving it with a pussy foot :yawn: . When I turn the key on the ZED it is to enjoy what it does best :teeth: .

When I want fuel econmy I get in the wife's Jazz. ;)