Back in the Game

Payco

I was planning to take a year out after selling the Datsun SSS 510 but I couldn’t stop looking at classic Jap cars. I have found my replacement. It may surprise a few of you but I honestly think I have found the best example in existence unless I can be proved wrong. Photos below. 2 owner Toyota MR2 Mark 1. T Bar 1990.  46,000 miles of which it’s done 464 miles in the  last twenty years and always been garaged. The  car has had a MOT and service every year of its life. There is no rust anywhere and it’s on original paint with no marks inside and out the car. You have to see it to believe it. I did a six hour round trip yesterday to view it and brought it. Drives like new.. it’s being delivered next Friday so will share more photos. I will NOT be touching it , just showing and enjoying it. I never planned on a MR2 but this is a time warp car and I’m actually very excited to have the pleasure of being it’s next custodian. 

37E16F0C-D4DD-40A8-BD94-EE2038A29D64.jpeg

C5AFB2E8-0F49-49DE-9022-BD86F58F3196.jpeg

101AFB00-ABC1-4C5B-83F6-3B98E5F170EA.jpeg

DFA40565-8C0F-4757-A926-25FC335658C9.jpeg

6F4007A6-0BE3-4022-BAAE-FA9E6D051675.jpeg

D2D2A798-6EEA-4247-8E78-BD923EF3B53C.jpeg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 10

Thanks Keith. Will be there possibly if it’s a dry day but out the day before so not 100%. Will be arranging a South East meet at the Barley Mow early March so maybe see you at the pub meet if not . 

• Like 1

Didn’t see this coming. The last time we met a TVR was on the cards for your next project.

You shocked the hell out of me yesterday with your WhatsApp pics!

I have to say the car looks bloody stunning and I’ve not seen one in such amazing condition.

Im in a group of of old duffers that hanker after and buy the very best old school analogue cars and they can’t believe they missed it.

Micro mid engine Supercar but I think at 6ft plus I might find it a bit tight.

Cant wait to see her Martin.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It wasn’t in my plans at all but was too good to miss so I pulled the trigger. I was so surprised how spirited it was to drive and the condition blew me away. I would have been a fool not to buy it. Seeing as I’m 55 years old and 5ft 4 I think I’ve stopped growing to Andy’s point so getting in and out was not an issue.

Hope to see you all at a show.

Martin 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Payco said:

Thanks. That’s a hike for me. 4 hours.. Will be at a number of shows this year but probably won’t make that one. Enjoy and please share photos ..

Nice one pal, yeah bit of a hike for sure. Look forward to the pictures of this on its new adventures.

• Thanks 1

Do it buddy.

2 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

Payco just plucking up courage for the 3 hour drive to come and see it 

And you guys down south. 

2 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

Payco just plucking up courage for the 3 hour drive to come and see it 

And you guys down south. 

Thanks. That’s a hike for me. 4 hours.. Will be at a number of shows this year but probably won’t make that one. Enjoy and please share photos ..

Do it .Would be great to meet you. Simply Jap at Beaulieu ?. It’s 2.5 hours for me but a great show and great to meet up with great forum friends. I do a complimentary breakfast for shows.. Hope that clinches it… 

Edited by Payco