ULEZ coming to a city near you

GranTurismoEra

This will be mirrored in other cities. Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool etc. Next will be small towns with bustling town centers. Death of the high street and local business but whose looking...

Once it goes ahead in London I think that will be it. Im reading petrol Euro 4 will be next and Euro 6 Diesel. Isnt that 350Z and BMW Estates mid 2010s or similar. Sooner or later Euro 5 Petrol may be added. 222,000 signed.

Cars before 1982 are exempt from ULEZ. Might be a worthy investment 👀. Oh yeah £12.50 a day will not always be £12.50 in typical fashion

Change.org petition

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

This country is ran by idiots who are not business people your town center will be like detriot in a smaller fashion. I know I've been . Electric cars are  for the pretend wealthy haha

Electric car conversion businesses are up and coming. Its already there for classic cars. Terrible but as time goes on the mid and late 80s cars will start becoming exempt from Tax and ULEZ. 

We dont have enough infrastructure to support large numbers of plug-in EVs, and no sign of any plan to provide it.

Chargers at places like service areas are based on UPS units and trickle-charged overnight which is why so many of them are out of use in the afternoons.

For full charging provision substations are required and at present no-one is prepared to pay for those, not the charger provider, nor the grid organisation, nor the government, unlike other countries such as Norway.

23 hours ago, SWoMP said:

We dont have enough infrastructure to support large numbers of plug-in EVs, and no sign of any plan to provide it.

Chargers at places like service areas are based on UPS units and trickle-charged overnight which is why so many of them are out of use in the afternoons.

For full charging provision substations are required and at present no-one is prepared to pay for those, not the charger provider, nor the grid organisation, nor the government, unlike other countries such as Norway.

I thought they were creating petrol like stations in UK with costa coffees/McDonald's and possibly cinemas at this rate of charge 😂. Dont believe the supercharge hype. Many EVs are not able to accomodate supercharge. Some companies were taking responsibility to create them across the country. 

Service stations should pop up with solely EV charging. Say 12 -16 charging points/bays similar to a petrol station. £7-£10 per charge for now

23 hours ago, pintopete58 said:

Norway do have a 75% mark up of electric cars but that's only because they could park where they like and didn't pay any road tax but that has changed now and it's the same old government @*!# bought you in and then @*!# on you 

The inevitable VeD and increased charge costs will apply soon. Always the idea!

32 minutes ago, Kev T said:

I have seen a couple of the street light chargers and in principle a good idea until someone comes along and steals the cable !!

Living in a part of the world where telephone and internet regularly go down because certain members of society will destroy a substation and pull up to 2 miles of cable out of the ground I have to say this has crossed my mind more than once 👍 

Got to be easier than a catalytic converter, probably more expensive as well. 

1 hour ago, Kev T said:

I have seen a couple of the street light chargers and in principle a good idea until someone comes along and steals the cable !!

I have a charger at my house. The cable is locked in during charge. When charging stops it takes a minute or two to release on both ends. Assuming it works the same for public chargers. 

Obviously you risk losing your life interfering with a 240 volt cable

Maybe theyre relying on safety cut off or being grounded 😂. One mistake....

Edited by GranTurismoEra

35 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I have a charger at my house. The cable is locked in during charge. When charging stops it takes a minute or two to release on both ends. Assuming it works the same for public chargers. 

Do you think a 2 mile long cable buried 3 feet under the ground just pops up to meet its prospective thief? :lol:

SRSLY though youre right, they are all grounded so just snip with something big and youre away 👍

On 14/12/2022 at 15:42, docwra said:

Do you think a 2 mile long cable buried 3 feet under the ground just pops up to meet its prospective thief? :lol:

SRSLY though youre right, they are all grounded so just snip with something big and youre away 👍

ofcourse work needs to be done. Its the wild west so not suprised. Hire a digger, hi vis and some axes and shovels. No ones looking. Depending on the area it should be that if its at night someone reports noise from works to the council, an inspector comes out and works not approved call police lol...

13 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Hire a digger, hi vis and some axes and shovels. No ones looking. Depending on the area it should be that if its at night someone reports noise from works to the council, an inspector comes out .and works not approved call police lol..

You dont live where there are pikeys, do you? 😶

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be using such terms on here. You mean Irish travellers or Romany Gypsies? Loads of them around. They dont bother anyone here. They might fly tip, collect metal left outside or have one loud party a year. They also invade the park but are swiftly moved on within minutes. Thats about it. In terms of crime the rate is high. Different people are involved. Even locals that know the area.

I think we should stay on topic!

• Haha 1

No, I mean pikeys. TBH you shouldnt be offended by the term if you arent part of the group dont go around stealing stuff, ignoring laws, threatening businesses and generally making society worse for everyone else. 
Ive got friends with construction firms that see site thefts literally every other week, theres at least a couple of catalytic converters that go missing from my (quite rural) area every week or two, a stables/tackroom will get done once a month, theres even a couple of lads that are going round the same pubs every few weeks and stealing/trying to steal old cooking oil. 
Trailers arent safe anywhere, horseboxes seem to go missing rather more than you would expect too.  
FWIW we rarely see any car/house theft or robbery locally, its all pretty basic stuff the police wont deem important enough to do anything about. 

Everyone knows who they are but theres nothing anyone can do, one of our local sites is defined as a police nogo zone. 

Its not off topic either, we're talking about not being able to have copper cable outside your house .......... when anything that isnt screwed down (and some stuff that is) goes missing round here due to the aforementioned I think its very relevant.  

EV as the future 🤣

Few people that i know have them now are complaining some of the function wont work in this cold weather.

Dont we have higher risk of power cuts this winter, I know lets sell more EVs then that will solve the problem.

Maybe we should invest in the back to the future cars from the 80s 🤔