ULEZ coming to a city near you

GranTurismoEra

In terms of thefts around where I am its a mix of different groups doing the catalyst thefts etc. All groups from Europe, theres locals from all the usual communities. We have different crimes. In the more upmarket local areas they seem more affected by crime. Car theft, broad daylight break ins and catalyst are the main crimes. 

On Topic we were discussing ULEZ and the need to avoid its quick replication in other cities. People living in smaller towns might not care. Until they start having to pay tolls to visit the bank in the town center. It is what it is. 

It affects our annual meet in Ace Cafe if Euro 4/5 is implemented as part of ULEZ. Thats £12.50 to visit Ace Cafe.

If replicated in other areas Brighton and Co could be next. Sure its inevitable but if anything can be done to slow the process then better. Its clear kids are more interested in EVs so not worried if in 2035 theres a ban or restrictions especially if these become weekend cars. Id have had my fun anyway.

Despite all the arguments the Z as a weekend car and EV as a daily wouldn't bother me too much tbh. £12.50 is what it is to take the car out. My brother will be paying that anyway for his Supra

Edited by GranTurismoEra

They introduced a clean air zone in Bristol, from 28th Nov I would have had to have paid £9 a day to go to work in my dirty ol' Scirocco diesel. Swapped it for a Type R. No longer an issue 🤣 

Did consider another Z but can't fit two dogs in the back....

• Haha 1

On 16/12/2022 at 19:16, Mikey_S said:

They introduced a clean air zone in Bristol, from 28th Nov I would have had to have paid £9 a day to go to work in my dirty ol' Scirocco diesel. Swapped it for a Type R. No longer an issue 🤣 

Did consider another Z but can't fit two dogs in the back....

Which Type R?

I wanted the FN2 back the day but couldn't find a nice one for £6k. I liked the double digital dash. I had the 1.6 ep2..... 1.8 EX FN so came with the sat nav. 5 years of reliability no real bills aside from service and the usual. FN2 does need softer suspension setup though. A guy in my area had the Mugen in White. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

The mugen 200?

I had an FN type S 2.2 icdti prior to the Z which was a decent car, only one fuel injector and servicing needed in 5 years. 

I agree the ride is stiff to say the least and it's on 19s which makes it even worse. Not done anything to it yet but will sort the suspension and a remap to lower the VTEC crossover point. May stick a HKS cold air intake on it.

This on had 59k on the clock and giving them the Scirocco covered the purchase, new clutch, full service and some other minor bits that needed doing. It's a Milano one and the paintwork needs some TLC but that's for next year ;)

Still prefer the Z haha

• 6 months later...