We Buy Any Car

Blocko

It might not come to it yet but a change in circumstances means the Zed might have to go soon :(

Looking around online I would like to think my car is worth at least £6k; which is painful as it cost me £7900 less than 2 years ago. (2007 rev up. FSH. Long Mot etc...)

Selling privately is a headache and I hate doing it. I would prefer to part ex the car but circumstances mean I will most likely be downgrading to something far cheaper. So I went and got a webuyanycar quote. £4500 was lower than I was expecting. 

A few questions from anyone who has had past dealing with them:

- am I likely to be able to get an extra 25% if I sell privately

- Will the car having HFCs put webuyanycar off (the other mods will be removed but the standard CATS are toast)

- Is the valuation and payment process as painless as they claim it to be.

- Is there a better Company to use

Many thanks

I purchased my HR - 95k miles 57 plate for £8,150 around 2 months ago - webuyanycar value it at £5,170

The price I paid was fair - possibly slightly higher than similar HR's on autotrader due to the £800 gallery gasket being fixed already.

So based on that, I'd say you should be able to get that extra 25% if you sell privately, however we would need some more details (mileage, condition, mods etc) to give you a more accurate price.

I have sold a couple of cars to WBAC, including my HR 350Z, they were offering more than they were going for privately at the time.

Currently have an RS3 and thinking of moving back to a Z for weekend use only. A few months ago when I bought it the WBAC valuation was £3K less than the valuation I had from them today, although RS3 prices have not moved. They are very close to what I paid for it and exactly what I would advertise it privately for.

Dealing with them is just fine - they will knock a little off for any damage on the car but if it is mint they pay what they offered. Payment quick and easy.

The Zed's do seem hard to value, especially good one's attract a significant premium.

I appreciate it can seem like a hassle selling a car privately but it really doesnt have to be, a proper advert with loads of photos and a detailed description will avoid a lot of questions, pending on where you advertise you can ignore the low ball offers for that magical thing called cash and you can usually spot time wasters a mile off by the questions they ask (what mpg does it do, how much is tax etc or any question you have already answered in the ad but they couldnt be bothered to read) so they can be ignored too. The only thing you wont avoid is the ones who arrange to view and never turn up. If its the right price it should sell quickly, its got to be worth a month of advertising for an extra couple of grand or so before you go down the wbac route surely especially if you are in need of monies. 

Edited by Jetpilot

Given the difference is going to be four figures think of it like this. If I said to you I would pay you £1500 to write a car ad, then hang around whilst a couple of people look at it, then fill out some very simple forms...total time required on your part a few hours...would you see that as a hassle or snap my hand off for easy money?

Blocko - put some more details and pictures on this forum and I sure that others will help with a sensible valuation.

I would then advertise it on here for a few days before putting on autotrader etc. Less likely to be messed around by a forum member or someone who comes on here specifically looking for a 350Z.

My 370z GT Edition sold privately to a very nice chap, no messing around - the only hassle was counting the money because he brought cash : )

13 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

My mate sold his 997.1 911 to wbac 

Quoted £19.500

Ended up at £17.600 I think

Why on earth did he sell it to them then? They do knock money off for kerbed alloys, dents, scratches but if the car is A1 they pay what they offer online - in my experience anyway.

Thanks guys. I have sold lots of cars privately and most have sold to the first viewer but the amount of rubbish emails, offers and no shows does put me off. And although I'm hoping my car is worth 25% more I do tend to struggle getting serious interest in the countryside when there are multiple cars for sale in the Cities. Or at least that has been my past experience.

I do have a cracked front reflector and a few stone chips so from the sounds of the above WBAC are more likely to give me £4k which really is too low. 

You will most likely see my car on here in the for sale section in the next few weeks. 

22 minutes ago, Blocko said:

Thanks guys. I have sold lots of cars privately and most have sold to the first viewer but the amount of rubbish emails, offers and no shows does put me off. And although I'm hoping my car is worth 25% more I do tend to struggle getting serious interest in the countryside when there are multiple cars for sale in the Cities. Or at least that has been my past experience.

I do have a cracked front reflector and a few stone chips so from the sounds of the above WBAC are more likely to give me £4k which really is too low. 

You will most likely see my car on here in the for sale section in the next few weeks. 

Many of us have travelled to view and buy our Zed's so don't worry about your location. 

Stone chips are expected and unavoidable and you can source a new reflector easily enough.

I had trouble selling my Nismo Juke a couple of years ago privately, autotrader etc. WBAC offered me silly money but I id use tootle and sold the car to a dealer in Southampton. I actually got £500 less than what I wanted, Dealer came and collected the car and deposited the agreed valuation in my bank account before they took the car away. Try using it, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Just load in your details and state what you would like and offers will come in from dealers. You contact the one that most appeals and away you go IF you want to proceed. Free service too.

https://www.tootle.co.uk/sell-my-car-online

https://www.tootle.co.uk/#how-tootle-works

Edited by Payco

Countryside cars tend to be cheaper than London cars...Generally less abused and taken care off. Ive known people who have gone as far as Scotland and Ireland to buy certain cars. My mate got his car from Cheltenham 2+ hours from London. An A3 which was going a grand cheaper than anywhere local. Was a good roadtrip...arrived at a mansion to our suprise :D

Edited by GranTurismoEra

4 hours ago, Ponsonby said:

Why on earth did he sell it to them then? They do knock money off for kerbed alloys, dents, scratches but if the car is A1 they pay what they offer online - in my experience anyway.

Because he'd had 2 good years in it costing him nothing and just wanted it gone 

He just didn't want the hassle of private sale etc 

It was high millage tho 

1 hour ago, Blocko said:

but the amount of rubbish emails, offers and no shows does put me off.

Just ignore the first two, no need to waste more time that it does to hit delete. You cant avoid no shows, but again just it make it convenient to a time when you will be there anyway so it makes no difference if they show or not and if anyone else phones wanting to view the car dont put them off saying someone else is viewing, arrange a time to view and if it gets sold, just let them know.

As Codel says it really shouldnt be a problem for a 4 figure sum of money.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an aside, with BREXIT discussions and dears etc the housing market and second hand car market is currently dead. None of the prestige top end cars are currently selling even though some of the asking prices have been slashed by 20% of so.

Try GetItGone and 

I sold my silver 08 HR GT to WBAC 2 weeks ago.

130000 miles, engine management light on, rusty rear quarter panel and around headlamp, shabby interior, plenty of chips, broken power steering, a very loud humming above 50mph and very bad front suspension rattles.

Online quote was £5000 mint.

The guy asked me to start it.

Checked the mileage.

Looked at the body work and took notes.

Punched a few details into his computer and his computer said £4360. £4301 after the £59 charge.

He did not even drive it.

Money in my account a few days later and a cheque for £360 remaining RFL.

Very happy with that.

My reason for using them is I would not have been comfortable selling the car to someone with so many problems.

Just checked and the car has not been taxed yet so I assume they still have it.

4 minutes ago, Impressed said:

I sold my silver 08 HR GT to WBAC 2 weeks ago.

130000 miles, engine management light on, rusty rear quarter panel and around headlamp, shabby interior, plenty of chips, broken power steering, a very loud humming above 50mph and very bad front suspension rattles.

Online quote was £5000 mint.

The guy asked me to start it.

Checked the mileage.

Looked at the body work and took notes.

Punched a few details into his computer and his computer said £4360. £4301 after the £59 charge.

He did not even drive it.

Money in my account a few days later and a cheque for £360 remaining RFL.

Very happy with that.

My reason for using them is I would not have been comfortable selling the car to someone with so many problems.

Just checked and the car has not been taxed yet so I assume they still have it.

In that situation 

If say that's a good hassle free sale 

On 28/09/2018 at 21:37, Bikeracer said:

Just as an aside, with BREXIT discussions

Sorry to say i think that is utter nonsense dude or where i live is in a complete bubble, house prices are the highest they have ever been, new multi million pound developments all over the place and a house has just sold for a record 8.9 million.