Everyday Use or Weekend Posing??

Zedrush

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ay, 'tis true what Jay said. I was using the Z a a daily driver but put on close to 30k miles in the first year I had it. It's not so much the cost of running it but the impracticality of the car, especially now the ICE is in!! I run a Corsa now as well but that is currently up for sale so I can get something a little faster and bigger again! I still use the Z 2-3 times a week for work though so long as I don't have too much to take/bring home from the unit.

Ay, 'tis true what Jay said. I was using the Z a a daily driver but put on close to 30k miles in the first year I had it. It's not so much the cost of running it but the impracticality of the car, especially now the ICE is in!! I run a Corsa now as well but that is currently up for sale so I can get something a little faster and bigger again! I still use the Z 2-3 times a week for work though so long as I don't have too much to take/bring home from the unit.

dude I just went and got blue car :boxing::lol: how much you selling corsa for

:lol: You're kidding me right....i'm scared now!! Putting it up for £1,800 and see what happens! :thumbs:

:lol: You're kidding me right....i'm scared now!! Putting it up for £1,800 and see what happens! :thumbs:

:lol: that was the plan dude

I use mine everyday and its my daily driver. When I buy the "Cayman S" I really wanted, I would consider keeping the Zed to keep the miles down on the Porka and also because its not the sort of car I can turn up to cash strapped Council's and tell them I'm going to save them money in!

I'm not what you'd call a typical commuter, but I'd use my car every day if I was. I certainly doesn't get kept as a fair weather/weekend drive, in fact it's filthy at the minute because of the sh!te thrown up from the roads. Just waiting for the right day to give it a good seeing to ;)

once in a blue moon for me... it's an original 02 car with 16k on the clock :blush:

Who you kidding Tm - "original" - your's has got to be one of the most modded ZEDS around (all nicely done of course ;) )

I use the ZED when I can - as AndySpak says, sometimes it might depend who I am meeting (but the car does add to the cred in some cases and becomes a talking point adding time to a job - at the client's cost of course ;) But then there are some places around South London where you don't risk taking the car (sad to say that :scare: ). But after using the other 'alfs Jazz its so good to get back into a real driver's car and sod what the weather's doing, if it means a little more care, but still having fun, then that's what it's all about for me - you only live once so I make the most of it :DAt my age I have to :blush:

:teeth: Everyday and the long way home! Use the wife's diesel chugger for running the family round. No better way to travel friends!

MY07 (I love the power bulge) Ebisu black GT, annoying bluetooth phone thingy that cuts the radio out all the time (now unplugged), kickplates and floor mats.....

Got me a diesel beast for the long runs up to work through the weekdays, and then the Z for weekend pleasure :teeth:

Makes sense I clock up 10000 miles just driving to and from work alone the cost and affect on value are not worth it for the Z

I do shed a wee tear everytime I leave her sitting at home though:blush:

If I'm in the office I park it at the station and take the train, mainly because the parking in Glasgow is impossible. If I'm out and about, I sometimes take the Z, depending on the weather, traffic and the likelihood of having to park in dodgy territory. Sometimes use hire cars, since we're encouraged to do so - it's cheaper apparently. The result is that I do low mileage (currently 36,000 and it's an 03 model), but I enjoy the miles I do.

The one downside to Z ownership is constantly worrying about some lowlife scratching it or careless barstewards banging their doors into it in car parks. At the station I always park at the farthest end of the car park, leaving many spaces between me and the nearest car, yet there's always somebody parked next to me when I get back, even though there are lots of free spaces. What is it with people - herding instinct?

The one downside to Z ownership is constantly worrying about some lowlife scratching it or careless barstewards banging their doors into it in car parks.

I'm sorry but I have to say something here. Both my zeds were more ostenstatious than yours. Neither ever got any unwanted attention form lowlifes. The gallardo was perhaps the most attention grabbing car around and I never feared parking it anywhere. I stuck it in car parks, council estates right by Anfield, @*!# holes in london and in places where the car was worth nearly 3 times what the houses were......etc.

The point being, its just a car. Its perhaps only the owner that is even aware of the car wherever its parked.

IMO, leaving at home a 5 year old silver JDM is over kill.......don't take offence Jim :blush:

The one downside to Z ownership is constantly worrying about some lowlife scratching it or careless barstewards banging their doors into it in car parks.

I'm sorry but I have to say something here. Both my zeds were more ostenstatious than yours. Neither ever got any unwanted attention form lowlifes. The gallardo was perhaps the most attention grabbing car around and I never feared parking it anywhere. I stuck it in car parks, council estates right by Anfield, @*!# holes in london and in places where the car was worth nearly 3 times what the houses were......etc.

The point being, its just a car. Its perhaps only the owner that is even aware of the car wherever its parked.

IMO, leaving at home a 5 year old silver JDM is over kill.......don't take offence Jim :blush:

No you've missed the point Sarnie , if you care about a car , albeit a 15 year old Sierra or a new Ferrari you always worry about other peoples carelessness..

if you dont give a hoot about your car or you have daft money it wont matter...if you have ever had a car marked in a car park it certainly focuses your attention (especially with the price bodyshops charge ) :surrender:

No you've missed the point Sarnie , if you care about a car , albeit a 15 year old Sierra or a new Ferrari you always worry about other peoples carelessness..

if you dont give a hoot about your car or you have daft money it wont matter...if you have ever had a car marked in a car park it certainly focuses your attention (especially with the price bodyshops charge ) :surrender:

have to agree with lomoto on this, im forever worruing about my z if in dodgy area :headhurt: