Wheel refurbish - leave my Z or not?

WINKJ

elo.

Managed to scuff a wheel on the dangerously high curbs of Oxford. Keen to get a refurb booked in, however slightly hesitant to leave my car with them for 3 days.

Option 1: could I take the wheel off and put the front of the car on a scissor jack for 3 days, or would I have to use an axle stand.

Option 2: leave my car with them and hope they don't hoon it around. as after all, all hoomans are a constant disappointment?

meekatt%2Bgodnattsaga%2Bmellbystrand%2Blaholm%2Bmeekatt%2Bblogg%2Bmalin%2Bbirgersson.jpg

• Like 1

Hi I have dash cams front and back in my Z so this helps to keep garage etc. in check Do you have dash cam on your Z ? another option perhaps starting from £50

http://www.halfords....-cams/dash-cams . Not the most elegant solution but :D

also looking into getting a dash cam fitted too - however not keen on fitting in myself as i'd want it hard wired. halfrauds fit for circa £30. . . what could possibly go wrong ?

I got mine fitted (hardwired) by my garage as they were helping to fit my DRLs from and back so got them to do it same time to save on costs

front: Nextbase 412GW

Back :Nexbase 112GW

Also agree with Ekona about trusting the garage to d the work honestly

• Like 1

What kind of alloy is it? 3 days seems a bit excessive unless it's a diamond cut face which needs to go on a lathe. I'd expect one day turnaround if enough lead time was given and the job was booked in

What kind of alloy is it? 3 days seems a bit excessive unless it's a diamond cut face which needs to go on a lathe. I'd expect one day turnaround if enough lead time was given and the job was booked in

Non diamond cut mk 1 nismo rim.

As Ekona says - you either trust them or you don't and presumably this is a known company with a good reputation?

I've always left my cars at the refurbishers inc my GTR -if they are taking 3 days I'd guess they are pretty busy and probably don't have the time (or the inclination) to "hoon around".

When I've had alloys refurbed before I dropped the car off at the end of the day and picked it up at the end of the following day, so a 24hr turn around. This was just for paint though and very minor repair. If the alloy/s are damaged badly then I could see it taking some extra time of course.

Personally I'd just leave the car with them. Not every garage is full of hoons ready to thrash every car at every opportunity. ;)

• Like 1

You have the same wheels as me right (Mk1 Nismo)? I'd recomnend getting both wheels on that side of the car done and definitely leave the car with them. They're a three stage paint finish so difficult to colour match.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Hi I have dash cams front and back in my Z so this helps to keep garage etc. in check Do you have dash cam on your Z ? another option perhaps starting from £50

also looking into getting a dash cam fitted too - however not keen on fitting in myself as i'd want it hard wired. halfrauds fit for circa £30. . . what could possibly go wrong ?

The halfrauds ones are easy to do, if you can locate your fuse board you can wire it in. The kit comes with a piggyback fuse adaptor, you take a fuse out that is linked to ignition on (i.e 12v socket), put the new bit in, and put the fuse you removed n the back of it. I'm a non skilled halfrauds manager and have fitted numerous without breaking anything.

Taking a note of your mileage is worth doing, resetting trips etc. I know its resolved now but I'd opt to leave my car and trust them.

• Like 1

The halfrauds ones are easy to do, if you can locate your fuse board you can wire it in. The kit comes with a piggyback fuse adaptor, you take a fuse out that is linked to ignition on (i.e 12v socket), put the new bit in, and put the fuse you removed n the back of it. I'm a non skilled halfrauds manager and have fitted numerous without breaking anything.

Taking a note of your mileage is worth doing, resetting trips etc. I know its resolved now but I'd opt to leave my car and trust them.

He is a Halfrauds manager everyone! flame him. :lol:

thanks Jay - how wrong can it go! .. i'll get one and wire it in myself then if its straightforward.

Lol its worse, I'm an autocentre manager. Although in my head, that makes me better. The retail store can't fit a bulb round here without braking the lights. I've seen smashed bulbs in light units, broken light units, all sorts.