Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

Lets hope her plan isn't as fantastic as her plan for gaining more power in parliament...

No you don't shout out the details - but all we have had so far is 'it will be the best deal for the UK' - you can release more than that without compromising your position.

In any case whatever plan they had is now in ruins with the DUP stepping in and soft brexit a possibility.

• Like 1

Surely even the most ardent Tory can see why this happened. The invisible plan where we will get the best deal because we are strong and stable was meant to be delivered by someone who has very quickly developed a reputation for not sticking to her decisions. Now that strong and stable government is in coalition where the plan could well be challenged, and who is she to stand up to a challenge.

I had to laugh at this footnote on this bbc article...how succinct.

Almost everybody lost

This is a result that brought disappointment to all parties.

The Conservatives lost their majority.

Labour suffered its third defeat in a row.

The Liberal Democrats found themselves treading water.

The SNP's independence bandwagon came to a juddering halt.

And UKIP imploded.

It is not only Conservatives who will be asking why Mrs May changed her mind about holding a snap election.

The only winners are perhaps the DUP - to whom she seems to have awarded the role of kingmakers.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/n...n-2017-40219338

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 4

I didnt even vote Tory last time round, so you can hardly call me ardent and its no secret i voted to leave the Eu, which is obviously really your gripe with the whole situation, so basically thats what this comes down to.

I am under no illusion Mays plan didnt go the way she wanted (as i mention elsewhere), but the facts are, she has a majority over Labour, there was a majority who wanted to leave the Eu (and neither you nor me know what the voting public wanted with regards to hard or soft brexit). However, there is absolutely no evidence that her plans wont come to fruition, i am sure Corbyns plans didnt involve his party calling for his resignation not so long ago and he has come up roses :)

I didnt even vote Tory last time round, so you can hardly call me ardent and its no secret i voted to leave the Eu, which is obviously really your gripe with the whole situation, so basically thats what this comes down to.

I am under no illusion Mays plan didnt go the way she wanted (as i mention elsewhere), but the facts are, she has a majority over Labour, there was a majority who wanted to leave the Eu (and neither you nor me know what the voting public wanted with regards to hard or soft brexit). However, there is absolutely no evidence that her plans wont come to fruition, i am sure Corbyns plans didnt involve his party calling for his resignation not so long ago and he has come up roses :)

That post wasn't directed at you at all J in terms of being 'ardent'. And I have said on other posts that I wouldn't oppose a re-vote on EU, we are on the way and thats the end of it, no gripe at all. What I do oppose is a hard brexit that makes a complete and utter mess of our economy for decades to come - May is going in too hard and too aggressive which is going to be met with not an equal but a greater reaction from the EU.

And yes, I do not like TM, she is a poor leader, a poor PM and quite frankly completely the wrong person by some stretch to take us down this path. Its only my opinion, just like yours.

I had to laugh at this footnote on this bbc article...how succinct.

Almost everybody lost

This is a result that brought disappointment to all parties.

The Conservatives lost their majority.

Labour suffered its third defeat in a row.

The Liberal Democrats found themselves treading water.

The SNP's independence bandwagon came to a juddering halt.

And UKIP imploded.

It is not only Conservatives who will be asking why Mrs May changed her mind about holding a snap election.

The only winners are perhaps the DUP - to whom she seems to have awarded the role of kingmakers.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/n...n-2017-40219338

Aye not a bad summary, the Jonathan Pie video is a good one also "like where are all those new labour detractors that slated Corbyn when in fact it appears old labour is the opposition the country actually wanted, if they got behind their leader they would be in government now" there were plenty of F words in the mix also lol

Labour lost but not by as much as they were told they would.

Lib Dems misunderstood what people meant when they said this would be a brexit election (that its not about reversing it)

SNP didnt listen to the 40% that voted leave the EU in Scotland

UKIP have absolutely no reason to be involved in politics any more with £180k worth of deposits down the drain

I should come back to the UK and form a party. Given the competition, I really think I'd have a chance. I'm not bad looking, good at engaging people, smart, cocky, over-confident, I'm OVER qualified!

My policies would be simple, free healthcare, but tax relief for using private, renationalise all public transport, run it properly and make a profit from it. Subsidised Universities, but not completely free. Ban chewing gum, outright, in the whole UK (for the pavements and to assist with unemployment, stupid people look much less vapid when theyre not chewing gum, so they'd find it easier to get jobs). Let Bricktop deal with all the dead jihadis and um, what was the other thing...? Oh yeh, LEGALISE IT! :lol:

Oh, and I'd reverse Brexit, without a second referendum, I'd simply tear it up and pretend it never happened.

You'd all vote for me, right?

Edited by Aashenfox

I should come back to the UK and form a party. Given the competition, I really think I'd have a chance. I'm not bad looking, good at engaging people, smart, cocky, over-confident, I'm OVER qualified!

My policies would be simple, free healthcare, but tax relief for using private, renationalise all public transport, run it properly and make a profit from it. Subsidised Universities, but not completely free. Ban chewing gum, outright, in the whole UK (for the pavements and to assist with unemployment, stupid people look much less vapid when theyre not chewing gum, so they'd find it easier to get jobs). Let Bricktop deal with all the dead jihadis and um, what was the other thing...? Oh yeh, LEGALISE IT! :lol:

Oh, and I'd reverse Brexit, without a second referendum, I'd simply tear it up and pretend it never happened.

You'd all vote for me, right?

Erm well, it would be a close run thing between you and that guy that dressed as a fish finger in Kemble...but hey I'm in.

• Like 1

Just when I thought the worst outcome was a large majority for the Torys. We have a minority Tory govt propped up by the DUP 😂. A party who's manifesto is basically the bible with fortnightly bin collections. I wonder what Scottish Conservative leader (And openly gay msp) Ruth Davidson thinks of aligning with a party who believe she's immoral.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I would vote for you fox but was thinking about also running. My main selling point is people on job seekers doing community work of some kind. People who can't work due to ill health are given the tools to work for the council from home in some capacity. Not finalised the rest yet, but look out for the Jason independent party.

Lets hope her plan isn't as fantastic as her plan for gaining more power in parliament...

No you don't shout out the details - but all we have had so far is 'it will be the best deal for the UK' - you can release more than that without compromising your position.

In any case whatever plan they had is now in ruins with the DUP stepping in and soft brexit a possibility.

Let's hope her plan is not as fantastic as the one promised by Corbyn !!

Good lord, I hear Boris is being encouraged to dethrone May. Hell, I'd rather have JAMES May as PM than Boris Johnson.

This is just going from laughable to slapstick!

Edited by Aashenfox

He said he's not going for it, although of course he could be lying. Assuming that the public would come back onside if they toned down the manifesto a bit though, could be easy to call another election and get the majority back.

Somewhat unrelated, I only found out today that the vote on fox hunting was also in the 2010 and 2015 manifestos :(

I've never seen why a u-turn is a bad thing in politics. I'd rather a flexible politician who knows when something is wrong if not working and stops it, rather than one who carries on blindly. That's not strength, that's bloody-mindedness.

• Like 3

There is a difference though between a u turn and an adjustment of policy. Quite frankly how the Tories thought they could throw dementia tax and heating allowance reduction into the manifesto when so many voters are older people on their turf is just astonishing. I get if they launched an initiative and something didn't quite work and they change the tactics to make it work, thats fine. But sticking a tonne of tax on the self employed, then removing it days later smacks of incompetence/lack of understanding/planning, and then given they pulled it, where is all the money shortfall now going to come from?

U-turns in politics or business is bad, tactical re-alignment or whatever you want to phrase it is something else.