McLaren 720s

Will370z

Tbh I like it. When you listen to the chief designer and to why it looks like it does it all makes sense.

I'm never going to be able to buy one unless of course I win the Euro Millions but I'd definitely choose that McLaren for my millionaires garage if I could. ;)

Tbh I like it. When you listen to the chief designer and to why it looks like it does it all makes sense.

I'm never going to be able to buy one unless of course I win the Euro Millions but I'd definitely choose that McLaren for my millionaires garage if I could. ;)

Over an F1??

Over an F1??

Try finding one for sale!

I think to own an F1 you'd need absurd money that just regenerates faster than you can spend it.

But yeah it'd be the holy grail for me.

Edited by GMballistic

Not just you Will, I also think it's a bit ugly.

Full of clever bits, but that doesn't make for a pretty car. Love the double skinned doors to hide the air intakes, but it makes for a very plain looking supercar. 650S is still where my theoretical McLaren money would go.

Not just you Will, I also think it's a bit ugly.

Full of clever bits, but that doesn't make for a pretty car. Love the double skinned doors to hide the air intakes, but it makes for a very plain looking supercar. 650S is still where my theoretical McLaren money would go.

Completely agree, love the 650, I just looks so right. Id love to head down to Austria in a 650gt

• Like 1

Try finding one for sale!

I think to own an F1 you'd need absurd money that just regenerates faster than you can spend it.

But yeah it'd be the holy grail for me.

10kk in 2016

Lol you post that like it's an autotrader or pistonheads ad like, "Look, see, you can buy them!" ;)

9.5 mil. And the fact that it made an article in Autocar indicates the rarity.

• Like 1

Over an F1??

Where do I mention picking it over any other vehicle? :shrug::lol:

Nobody said you could have one but not the other and I'm sure if I had won the Euro Millions jackpot (for example £51 million on one draw) then I could afford to have more than just one McLaren or other supercars.

Explaining why a car looks the way it does isn't really the way it's supposed to work to get people to like it imo.

Yes that is true but all I said was "When you listen to the chief designer and to why it looks like it does it all makes sense."

In other words he tells you why they have decided to design the light sockets like they have and why the doors/body work are shaped like that, ...in order to help with cooling (double skinned doors), reduce drag (part of the aerodynamics) etc etc. Which all makes sense to me.

His explanation of why the car looks like it does had nothing to do with why I like it.

If I'm alone on liking this car (bar Adrian ;) ) then I'm happy with that because I'd never want to chose anything in life just because others think it's cool or necessary to do so.

• Like 1

Where do I mention picking it over any other vehicle? :shrug::lol:

Nobody said you could have one but not the other and I'm sure if I had won the Euro Millions jackpot (for example £51 million on one draw) then I could afford to have more than just one McLaren or other supercars.

An F1 is probably gonna use 1/5th of your budget. Then there are the costs of buying the garage itself and probably a house to go with it, not to mention insurance. I'd be considering other options long and hard before frittering away space and funds on one of these ;)

Making winning the lottery boring since 2017 :bleh:

Edited by Strudul

I don't really like the look of the 'eye sockets' as they've called them.

Will get my arse in one when it arrives (I will try to fart in it), I keep being told it's prettier in person but er, not sure about that. (not my own of course)

Edited by RobPhoboS

Thing is, the 720S may be built in the UK, and be the fastest in the segment, and have some super trick bodywork.

And I'd still pick the 488 every time. A supercar should be a thing you desire deeply just looking at it, and for me the 720S (like 570S) is simply too plain Jane in profile. Gaping air intakes ftw!

Got to say I quite like it! I really didn't like the photos of it but now I've seen it in a few more videos I've been swayed. That interior looks lovely too.

Disagree on the 488 though, a really really ugly Ferrari imo