Mystery addition to the stable...

sasha@lazytrips

The widely suggested full fat Range Rover (& variants) actually has pretty poor rear space and the seats fold very poorly - definitely not one for overlanding unless sleeping in a roof tent. Even then, the space at the back is not great.

Not looking for a pickup so not any of those suggestions.

One of these incoming:

2014_wk2_srt_046.jpg

• Like 2

Beast. I don't approve of course, but then I don't road trip and have a passionate hate for giant vehicles, so my input is invalid. I would have got a G wagon (its the only 4x4 I love the look of) and slept uncomfortably. :lol:

I even think the Z is a big car.

Edited by Aashenfox

Can you lay down in the back of a FFRR?

Come on mate, you're in Essex! If anyone is gonna know the answer to that it's some of the ladies round your way :lol:

you can in the old discovery, can get a single mattress in there too which is very comfy!

• Like 1

The widely suggested full fat Range Rover (& variants) actually has pretty poor rear space and the seats fold very poorly - definitely not one for overlanding unless sleeping in a roof tent. Even then, the space at the back is not great.

Not looking for a pickup so not any of those suggestions.

One of these incoming:

2014_wk2_srt_046.jpg

I've had the Jeep Commander 5.7ltr V8 Hemi for the last 3 years, bomb proof. Apart from normal servicing cost, all I've had to replace is tyres and the two front shocks.

Good choice for your overland road trip :thumbs:

Lovely looking motor. Im loving the wifes Ford Edge atm. So nice to move from my daily into something a bit more cruiser like. You can just relax and drive. :thumbs:

Looks like quite a few people are getting monster trucks, ours arrive in around 3 weeks. Only concern I have is the width, any issues with the Edge and narrower roads. Given how some full fat RR are driven I suspect you get use to the extra gearth quickly??....

I hope so anyways, the latest arrival on the drive is going be around 80cm wider than the K10 Micra I learnt to drive in!!

Edited by gangzoom

Lovely looking motor. Im loving the wifes Ford Edge atm. So nice to move from my daily into something a bit more cruiser like. You can just relax and drive. :thumbs:

Looks like quite a few people are getting monster trucks, ours arrive in around 3 weeks. Only concern I have is the width, any issues with the Edge and narrower roads. Given how some full fat RR are driven I suspect you get use to the extra gearth quickly??....

I hope so anyways, the latest arrival on the drive is going be around 80cm wider than the K10 Micra I learnt to drive in!!

TBH its f**king massive. Its when you sit behind FFRR`s and think "hang on, they look pretty small" when you realise how how big the Edge is. Parkings fine as its got front & back cameras + sensors but narrow lanes I do struggle on tbh. The tech on the Edge in general is just ridiculous. Makes you wonder what they will think of next. But the driving position and the actual drive is a really nice place to be. For me also the rarity is an added bonus. We got ours before Christmas and havent seen another one on the road anywhere yet. The downer is the mpg. 32mpg if your taking it steady. My 997 turbo does 26mpg... which makes my man maths for my sensible daily even more easier!

All in all cracking car although im not looking forward to the narrow Cornish lanes when we go on holidays. But the Edge was entirely the wifes decision and nothing to do with me, so hey ho, not my problem! :thumbs:

The seats fold completely flat in the RRS. Wide enough for two... but probably only 6' of space lengthways.

The ones I looked at, the rear seats incline relative to the boot floor and do not lie down flat and the Sport is actually pretty short at the back (back of front seats to the boot lid) for its size!