Insurance problems.

TT350

Following on from my previous post about A.Flux I've come up against a worrying problem.

Basically all my quotes anywhere, using multiple comparison sites and direct to insurer calls are all coming up hugely more expensive and in quite a few cases the company wouldn't quote me.

Sky insurance which were amazing for my 350Z even after modifications wont quote me now.

All my details are the same.

What on earth could be the reason behind this?

I asked my friends if they'd had a similar problem when getting cover. None had.

Any ideas guys?

Insurance tax went up in October which doesn't help, so everyone will be/would have seen a rise anyway.

It could just be that your car has been reclassified and is now statistically worse or parts are much harder to come by, or there's been significantly more crime in your postcode, or anything really. I'd suggest it's the car or the postcode rather than you, if every insurer is coming up the same.

Tried it with a different car, just for giggles?

• Like 1

Insurance tax went up in October which doesn't help, so everyone will be/would have seen a rise anyway.

It could just be that your car has been reclassified and is now statistically worse or parts are much harder to come by, or there's been significantly more crime in your postcode, or anything really. I'd suggest it's the car or the postcode rather than you, if every insurer is coming up the same.

Tried it with a different car, just for giggles?

Yes. My Z and my Focus and also a Fiesta 1.4tdci which came back at very nearly £1000!!

It's silly that my postcode is the same as Oldhams which is a very urban built up area. I live in a sleepy village on the yorks border 15 miles away from Oldham!

i had the same problem, had my 350 insured with admiral for over 4yrs,then I sold the car,a year later I bought the 370 and admiral wouldn't insure it and gave no reason to why,tried afew off the well know companies some of them wouldn't insure it as well and the ones that would was asking way to much...

ended up using llyod Latchford in the end.

How old are TT350, I had some probs changing to a 370z too, coming from a supercharged R. Use compare the market and check what RAC offers you. It was only £609 for me, I was 29 yet many refused straight up or others required me to have driven a fast RWD before for min 1 year. Let know know if you get a decent quote and then I could advise further. It's not that I didn't have the money it's that I refused to pay over double compared to my previous Highly modified supercharger type R which was even quicker. Also try green light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I faced this issue late November on the 350z and last month on a 16 year old prelude. When it came to the 350z having insured it no problem in my first year i struggled on second year massively. Despite having 5 years on a completely clean licence, 5 years NCB and being the right side of 25, I couldn't get much less then £750 depsite paying £600 in my first year on the Z. The woman at prestige, Tim is a poster here said that 28 is the new 25.

Last month my renewal came up on the daily Honda prelude. A simple 16 year old car valued at £500 with a painfully slow 2.0 L engine. My renewal quote was £425 with a £45 pound admin fee (which I refused to pay on the basis of being a continuing customer) I went looking on comparison websites and to my horror the cheapest I could get was £1000. Even ringing around proved useless. Insurance seems to have royally lost its marbles

Postcodes play a massive part in car/home insurance. All based on statistics. Burglary, car theft, breaking in, vandalism, proximity to local pub, average house price, flood risk etc all play a part in building up the risk factor. It doesn't necessarily mean you live in a good/bad area, just the facts of past claims and risk in that location.

It's hard to predict and it can change up/down just as quickly.

I to had problems when i first got my zed never thought i would at the age of 50yrs.

A,flux wouldn't insure me and gave no reason.

C,knott said to many mods lol.

Sky insurance sorted me out no problem.,a bit pricey but that's down to where the zed is parked and my post code.

I`ve just arranged my renewal for the end of the month for the first time at our new Lincs post code as opposed to the old Manchester one and, although I didn`t think it was particularly expensive before, it seems ridiculously cheap now for such a high group car. £182 (+ £26 cashback from Quidco) ..... :thumbs:

How old are TT350, I had some probs changing to a 370z too, coming from a supercharged R. Use compare the market and check what RAC offers you. It was only £609 for me, I was 29 yet many refused straight up or others required me to have driven a fast RWD before for min 1 year. Let know know if you get a decent quote and then I could advise further. It's not that I didn't have the money it's that I refused to pay over double compared to my previous Highly modified supercharger type R which was even quicker. Also try green light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 35 with 17 years NCB!

Bizarre.

for sure. No real cause as such. I tried a few different places on comparison sites today and my ex's house came with back with a quote, was 10k!! And in a better area.

My mate lives in a very quiet upmarket village called Bowden and there was very little difference between his and my address.

There's onviously something afoot with the insurance industry. They've probably been allowed to increase prices due to a change or something and they've run away with it.

• Like 1

^^^ Exactly, try anything you like, alarmed, not alarmed, garaged or not garaged, if will make little difference it seems.

Basically we are paying for the people that dont have insurance and scam whiplash claims, i am genuinely staggered by my insurance at 46, 9 years + no claims, plenty of "experience" with driving these vehicles, no points/convictions, no accidents, garaged, living in one of the safest postcodes.

Another thing affecting insurance prices, and probably more so than uninsured drivers and personal injury claims, is that cars are just so damn expensive to repair now. A few years back a bumper was £300, a spray job £200, a light cluster £400. Now the bumper costs £2000 because it has parking sensors, the paint alone costs £800 to buy, and a bi-xenon headlight with fancy LEDs in it is the best part of £1000. That just adds up so, so quickly.

Another thing affecting insurance prices, and probably more so than uninsured drivers and personal injury claims, is that cars are just so damn expensive to repair now. A few years back a bumper was £300, a spray job £200, a light cluster £400. Now the bumper costs £2000 because it has parking sensors, the paint alone costs £800 to buy, and a bi-xenon headlight with fancy LEDs in it is the best part of £1000. That just adds up so, so quickly.

Exactly - I've been banging on about this for years (to anyone who couldn't get away..)

Why should a young kid be priced out of driving because he effectively has to pay the insurance for some older richer people who choose to drive around with delicate luxuries on their extremities? What's wrong with big, cheap, ugly rubber bumpers?

If you want to wear a coat of Faberge eggs it's up to you to insure it. Not the chap who might bump into you on the footpath.

So many cars must be written off then. Someone needs to govern these insurance companies much more effectively than they are doing.

One thing I hate about this country. We just swallow everything that's forced on us. Price hikes...swallow it. Government policy reforms.....swallow it.

We all grumble but we're all kept busy with beurocracy and red tape. Lets not forget its only a small group of over privileged Oxbridge numptys so detatched from the people they're ruling over. The peons that serve them directly are just as disgruntled.

More protests and unrest is needed. We all live in fear and just bend over and hope they use lube.

Edited by TT350

It wont be cheap to insure a 458 for example, so they do pay, but a high risk driver will also be loaded in case they hit such a car, trouble is to me, its just expensive full stop, high risk or not and the more expensive it gets, the less will be insured, viscous circle.

Oldham is 17 miles away from me.

I feel your pain - I pay council tax to Leeds and have a Leeds phone number.

But the Post Office have the postcode as Bradford so I get hammered on insurance. 42, never had a ticket or a claim. It was £600+ last time.

Then again, to bring it down by a few hundred quid could easily be done by moving house - at which point you say "well it's only a few hundred quid - I'd lose that in solicitor's and estate agent's fees...sod that" :)