How the Zed makes me feel.

mav388

After 2 weeks of owning my car I now feel I can let you guys know that I am absolutely besotted with it

I remember when these first came out there was one on a frame/stand outside a Nissan dealer it was Sunset Orange and it was drop dead gorgeous and i remember saying to myself "One day".

Well after numerous years of Marriage,Kids,and general ups and downs in life and now both kids have grown up I had the chance to finally realise my dream so i sold my Suzuki Gsxr 600 and the wife's car (dont worry she got my car which is soooo much better lol)

Even though we sold both car and bike we still didn't have enough to buy a decent 350z or so I thought.

Then 2 weeks ago I found my dream and its the best thing I have ever done car wise its a car I want rather than a car I need

That feeling when you sit in the Zed always feels special

The sound from the cobra exhaust is amazing(but is costing me in fuel lol)

The handling is spot on

People just stop and stare when you go past

The car is brilliant and the price was good too (I say to the wife this car is champagne for lemonade money).

all in all i could not be happier so a big thank you to you guys and girls on this forum i did 99% of my research on here you have been so much help

post-29253-0-82845800-1485300848_thumb.jpg

Edited by mav388
  • Like 8

Glad you're enjoying it, and those rims look fantastic.

I still often find myself walking into the other room for no other reason than to gaze out the window at my Z. That being said, nobody else seems to give mine a second glance - maybe it's the boring silver? :(

• Like 1

Glad your happy with it. I've owned mine for just over two years which is a miracle because cars usually last 6 to 8 months on my drive :)

This in itself speaks volumes on a personal note because I never really lusted after one but always thought they looked cool.

Having owned numerous fast Hondas and Fords I made the mistake of turning to BMW. I had two E46 a 330ci and an M3. TBH the 330 was a lovely car but the M envy got hold and I chopped it for the M3.

HUGE MISTAKE easily the most unreliable car I've ever owned. After sorting all the issues out and a hole on the credit card I needed something reliable but still fun.

As my son had recently turned 18 my need for 4 seats diminished so I looked at cars about 1k below the value of the M.

A dealer not far from me had a 350 and it was clear most of his stock was German.

After about 3 milliseconds on the test drive I was smitten with the Z.

The deal was done with some change in my pocket, happy boy.

Yes I've spent a fair amount on her since then, most of it on preventative maintenance and part replacement. But that's the thing, it's also a car I've wanted to modify which is rare for me. The addiction is called Zeditus and I can attest to it being a very real and tangible thing :)

They are superb cars and the noise, the poise,the garage forecourt picture perfect ego boost, it's all there.

Mine is on 95k miles and aside from a few niggles still feels tight.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Glad you love her. I've had mine since November and I'm still discovering little features that make me smile. I was fitting a dab Ariel and noticed the air vent channels to the doors have a little Z on them. So cool.

That said it also has bits that frustrate me. Doors that don't open in the frost and the worlds worst oil dip stick are the worst.

As was the case with zeezeebada I wasn't originally considering a zed. I wanted an R34 but got fed up of saving so I wanted an evo. The move to NA was made easy though as soon as I had a test drive. I change cars a lot but I think the zed might be staying for a while ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Like 1

I was exactly the same. Always loved/drooled over each Z model over the years since I was a teenager but could never afford one or manage with 2 seats with young families/wives/divorces, etc. until I retired and had some spare cash burning a hole in my pocket. And with there going to be no more new wives/kids/divorces again, ever, it was the obvious thing to do. I expect it`s the nearest thing to a super car that I`ll ever own and plan on keeping it until I'm really old and doddery and a danger on the roads and someone takes my licence away.. :scare:

• Like 3

I feel like my 370Z is like a step above the 350, and a step before a supercar, I.e GTR. although in reality it's not a true super car, but if you charge it to 500bhp+ then it's got supercar performance and other attributes ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had mine for almost 18 months and every time I jump in it feels like an event! Im annoyed if I don't get out the house early enough to go the long way to work, effectively doubling the distance - just to enjoy the drive for longer.

Well looked after examples are a treat, enjoy.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1