Upgrading to a 370z

Neil

Hi all,

I am thinking of upgrading my 350z to a 370z.

I have seen the reviews on this site relating to the 370z but they are general test drive video's and not actual owners reviews.

Can anyone out there who owns a 370z offer their views please? and also advise on known issues, to help me make a decision.

Also, which model is preferred - automatic or manual?

Appreciate your feedback in advance :)

Neil

I'll save you the time: Everyone who owns a 370 loves it.

/thread

^^This.

On a serious note, I went from a 350 to a 370 and would never look back. I walked into it originally thinking, yeah it'll be the same but a bit more modern (you know, triple gauges above the dash etc). Much of the same......Oh how wrong. The '70 is so much more refined, far nicer interior, better styling (subjective of course). Gearbox is very personal, some love the auto, but for me (and many others) the manual is far more engaging to drive. The rev matching function is simply superb! 12 months of ownership, and I still giggle!! :D

Take one for a spin and your mind will be made up.

• Like 1

When I originally bought my 350z HR I test drove that and the 370z. IMO I preferred the drive of the 350z as it felt more "raw" and more of a drivers car than the 370z. Subsequently I test drove a 370z Nismo which IMO was similar to the 350z but better in every aspect, plus the "raw" feel that I was looking for.

Maybe worth driving a standard 370z and a 370zNismo/modified

Good luck!

• Like 1

Oh, whilst I'm here. I used to own an Azure Blue 350z and upgraded to an LMBlue 370z.....which coincidently is now for sale should you want to have a look :D

#ShamelessPlug!

I originally wanted a blue one (same as my 350z) and although I haven't seen one in the flesh, I can't get past the colour seen in photographs. It appears to be a 'baby blue' colour i.e. not a dark blue like the Azure? As a result, I am forced to consider a Silver :) If it was closer to the Azure Blue, I would probably bite your hand off mate.

Thank you for your feedback - much appreciated.

Neil

#ShamelessPlugWorthAsking !!

• Like 1

Fair point matey. I always liked the darker silver they did on the 370z, lovely colour!

If you are close to mine, or any one with an LMB , I would definitely recommend seeing the LeMans Blue in person. In pictures it does indeed look quite light, and flat.

However in person it is a lot darker than you would think, it also has a pearl finish which is just wonderful when the light catches it. From the images I initially though it was a flat blue.

Cheers, Matt :D

I was an owner of a manual DE 350z for just under two years and I've been the owner of a Black Edition auto 370z for two months and I'm loving it.

As for the auto thing, I've always been a big believer in manual sports cars and against automatics, but I test drove a couple of manuals and a couple of autos and the paddles convinced me I'd be happy to make the switch and I'm really enjoying it so far. I wouldn't say it's better than the manual, but for me, I was pleasantly surprised and then it meant I could look at both the manuals and autos, then the perfect auto came available (a quartz coloured Black edition) and I went for it. However, some people are dead against the autos, so I'd recommend test driving both.

The 350z is a fantastic car for the money and the 370z is no different. It's a jump up in cost, but it's also a jump up in quality, looks and performance. It's like they've taken everything about the 350z and improved it slightly.

The great thing is my car is a 2011 model but it feels like the interior of a brand new car. I sat in some new ones at Nissan and they're exactly the same, so the interior doesn't feel 5/6 years old. The only thing the newer ones had was a reversing camera, but I might add that myself.

With anything I'm reviewing, I don't like to just give positives, so the negatives are the exhaust note is too quiet (similar to the 350z). Also, if you're going from a 350z DE to a 370z, it's double the road tax, but then you don't buy this car to save the pennies. On the subject of cost, I'm finding the MPG is a little better than in my 350z. You'll see lots of different numbers flying around, but I got around 20mpg in my 350z and I'm currently getting around 25mpg in the 370z.

If you love the 350z, then I can't see how you won't love a 370z.

Edited by Richesio

I was an owner of a manual DE 350z for just under two years and I've been the owner of a Black Edition auto 370z for two months and I'm loving it.

As for the auto thing, I've always been a big believer in manual sports cars and against automatics, but I test drove a couple of manuals and a couple of autos and the paddles convinced me I'd be happy to make the switch and I'm really enjoying it so far. I wouldn't say it's better than the manual, but for me, I was pleasantly surprised and then it meant I could look at both the manuals and autos, then the perfect auto came available (a quartz coloured Black edition) and I went for it. However, some people are dead against the autos, so I'd recommend test driving both.

The 350z is a fantastic car for the money and the 370z is no different. It's a jump up in cost, but it's also a jump up in quality, looks and performance. It's like they've taken everything about the 350z and improved it slightly.

The great thing is my car is a 2011 model but it feels like the interior of a brand new car. I sat in some new ones at Nissan and they're exactly the same, so the interior doesn't feel 5/6 years old. The only thing the newer ones had was a reversing camera, but I might add that myself.

With anything I'm reviewing, I don't like to just give positives, so the negatives are the exhaust note is too quiet (similar to the 350z). Also, if you're going from a 350z DE to a 370z, it's double the road tax, but then you don't buy this car to save the pennies. On the subject of cost, I'm finding the MPG is a little better than in my 350z. You'll see lots of different numbers flying around, but I got around 20mpg in my 350z and I'm currently getting around 25mpg in the 370z.

If you love the 350z, then I can't see how you won't love a 370z.

Thank you Richesio, awesome feedback. Just what I needed to hear from an owner and not a sales guy :)

Neil

Just a quick post to thank you all for your feedback. I knew I could rely on you Forum Guys :)

As we 350z owners know, there is a knack to master the synchro from 1st to 2nd gear (pause a little). Has this been fixed in the 370z box?

Again, thank you all for your feedback and advice.

Neil

Just a quick post to thank you all for your feedback. I knew I could rely on you Forum Guys :)

As we 350z owners know, there is a knack to master the synchro from 1st to 2nd gear (pause a little). Has this been fixed in the 370z box?

Neil

I was going to say if you were local to me I would let you have a spin in my 70 but sadly just a little too far 😠( Winchester here)

I went from a 350 DE to the 370z limited edition jobby. As someone has already mentioned the 350z feels a more raw driving experience and the 70 feels a little more refined when driving ( perhaps lacking a little more soul than the 50???) The looks of the 70 can be marmite for some, for me it needs to be modded aesthetically for it to be pleasing to the eye.

Best thing to do is get yourself in for a test drive and see what you think.

Ps. The Synchro rev is lovely and very addictive :)

You will find lots of similar threads on the forum but to summarise from my experience (and to add some negatives to the pot)

Positives:

- better quality interior

- synchro rev match is so awesome, one of the best bits about the upgrade.

- the looks, it's subjective but the side profile with those alloy wheels is lovely, I keep finding myself looking at reflections of the car as I pass Windows.

- better sound system.

- more power, I came from the first gen 276bhp 350 and it was a big step up in power for me

- connect premium is a fantastic system, it's been pretty faultless across a large part of Europe.

- it's an evolution of everything that the 350 is but it's not a revolution, don't expect huge changes in an upgrade.

- dip stick is no longer god awful to use.

- traction control / esp system is far less intrusive, more subtle in the 370

- much prefer the 370 roadster roof than my old 350

Things I miss about the 350

- the stock exhaust is far far nicer on the 350z. I was really dissapointment with the stock 370 exhaust note but that's easily fixed

- I found the 370 tram lined far more than the 350

- seats are more comfortable in the 350, mind you I am a bit of a giant

- the 370 is shorter than the 350 and I found this noticeable, it's a tight fit for me at 6ft7.

- the 350 felt like a more raw driving experience, you were more connected to the road in that car. You are aware of a lot more technology between you and the road in the 370z

- people have said the road / tyre noise is definitely more noticeable in the 370 and can be a pain for some

There are things I miss about the 350 but would I go back no. Over 5 years on after upgrading and I still love the car but don't expect a huge change, especially if you are coming from one of the newer 350s. A few people mention that if they had not looked down at the interior they would have felt they were still in their last gen 350.

My advice take one for a spin (with a non stock exhaust) and see how you feel.

• Like 1

Neil

I was going to say if you were local to me I would let you have a spin in my 70 but sadly just a little too far í ½í¸ ( Winchester here)

I went from a 350 DE to the 370z limited edition jobby. As someone has already mentioned the 350z feels a more raw driving experience and the 70 feels a little more refined when driving ( perhaps lacking a little more soul than the 50???) The looks of the 70 can be marmite for some, for me it needs to be modded aesthetically for it to be pleasing to the eye.

Best thing to do is get yourself in for a test drive and see what you think.

Ps. The Synchro rev is lovely and very addictive :)

Thank you Humpy, that is very kind of you to offer.

I'll go for a test drive at a local Nissan Dealer.

Neil

You will find lots of similar threads on the forum but to summarise from my experience (and to add some negatives to the pot)

Positives:

- better quality interior

- synchro rev match is so awesome, one of the best bits about the upgrade.

- the looks, it's subjective but the side profile with those alloy wheels is lovely, I keep finding myself looking at reflections of the car as I pass Windows.

- better sound system.

- more power, I came from the first gen 276bhp 350 and it was a big step up in power for me

- connect premium is a fantastic system, it's been pretty faultless across a large part of Europe.

- it's an evolution of everything that the 350 is but it's not a revolution, don't expect huge changes in an upgrade.

- dip stick is no longer god awful to use.

- traction control / esp system is far less intrusive, more subtle in the 370

- much prefer the 370 roadster roof than my old 350

Things I miss about the 350

- the stock exhaust is far far nicer on the 350z. I was really dissapointment with the stock 370 exhaust note but that's easily fixed

- I found the 370 tram lined far more than the 350

- seats are more comfortable in the 350, mind you I am a bit of a giant

- the 370 is shorter than the 350 and I found this noticeable, it's a tight fit for me at 6ft7.

- the 350 felt like a more raw driving experience, you were more connected to the road in that car. You are aware of a lot more technology between you and the road in the 370z

- people have said the road / tyre noise is definitely more noticeable in the 370 and can be a pain for some

There are things I miss about the 350 but would I go back no. Over 5 years on after upgrading and I still love the car but don't expect a huge change, especially if you are coming from one of the newer 350s. A few people mention that if they had not looked down at the interior they would have felt they were still in their last gen 350.

My advice take one for a spin (with a non stock exhaust) and see how you feel.

Great feedback Will - thank you. It's always good to hear positive and negatives points as it enables me to make informed decisions.

Neil

Tbh, it's irrelevant what other people think: As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

I do get you asking for opinions though, it's a good idea so not pooh-poohing your thread at all matey, just remember that one person's modern and fresh interior is someone else's clusterf*ck of analogue and digital thrown together ;)

Tbh, it's irrelevant what other people think: As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

I do get you asking for opinions though, it's a good idea so not pooh-poohing your thread at all matey, just remember that one person's modern and fresh interior is someone else's clusterf*ck of analogue and digital thrown together ;)

Pmsl

I went from a 350Z HR to a 370Z auto.

Love the drive of the 370, and the more modern looks and interior. Only complaint is how it sounds but intend to rectify that soon.

I bought a GT Edition which claims to have revised suspension for our roads and am really pleased with how it soaks up the bumps - no crashiness, tramlining, etc. Very good ride quality indeed.

Went for flappy paddles for something different. I like the fact that you can stick it in full auto and just waft around, or use the paddles when on a charge. However, I would have been equally happy with a manual box. I was more concerned with finding the right car at the right price than the gearbox.

As others have said the 350 is more raw which suits some people better. Test drive a couple and decide for yourself but I dont think any of us 370Z owners regret our choice.

• Like 2

I went from a 350Z HR to a 370Z auto.

Same here went from a 57 plate HR to a 12 plate 370z auto , i was never a fan of the 350 manual and the 370 is more of less the same so the auto was a big draw since the 350z auto is pretty poor

As said you need to drive one really

Biggest downsides for me with the 370 is the much reduced boot, tramlining and sound , the latter can be easily fixed

It looks like your zed is an older one, but I had a 370z for a week whilst my 350z HR was with Nissan for some work. The sales guy basically gave me their new 370z demo car which was fully spec`d up. I seem to recall the price he took out of the screen was something like £36k, although it was a good few years back now. He was convinced he`d get me to "upgrade".

I just didnt like it at all. It`s styling looked longer and narrower than the 350z when in reality its the other way around. My 350z HR felt quicker, more responsive and just a much better driving experience. The only area I really did like of the 370z was the interior. It made my facelifted 350z look very dated. Also the multi-media system was miles better than the ancient bose sat nav in my 350z. So for me, the move from a 350zHR to a 370z wasnt worth it. But from an older 350z you might notice a huge difference.

Its all a personal thing though. Test drive a couple, you may love them or hate them!

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 2

Had my 370 a month now,went for the auto but as yet not convinced paddle shift is right for me,at times when I want to change up all I get is an annoying beep and I'm held in the gear the box chooses,so I find myself being lazy and leaving it in auto.However I love the look and the way it goes !

It looks like your zed is an older one, but I had a 370z for a week whilst my 350z HR was with Nissan for some work. The sales guy basically gave me their new 370z demo car which was fully spec`d up. I seem to recall the price he took out of the screen was something like £36k, although it was a good few years back now. He was convinced he`d get me to "upgrade".

I just didnt like it at all. It`s styling looked longer and narrower than the 350z when in reality its the other way around. My 350z HR felt quicker, more responsive and just a much better driving experience. The only area I really did like of the 370z was the interior. It made my facelifted 350z look very dated. Also the multi-media system was miles better than the ancient bose sat nav in my 350z. So for me, the move from a 350zHR to a 370z wasnt worth it. But from an older 350z you might notice a huge difference.

Its all a personal thing though. Test drive a couple, you may love them or hate them!

Exactly my experience too, maybe it had something to do with the later model HRs in comparison

• Like 1