Xmas alone?

TT350

Hi guys.

Well, this'll be my first Christmas alone. My mum died in May of 2011 and I met my now ex on September the 17th 2011. I spent every Christmas with her and her family every year - until now. It's gonna suck hard!

Anyone else spending the festive period alone? Perhaps some of us should have a Christmas meet and have our own Z family Christmas?!

Well, the vid shows compassion for your situation, and also gives comedy relief :lol:

Chin up dude, X-Mas is overrated anyway.

Can't wait for Bad Santa 2 to come out, if you haven't seen the Bad Santa, do yourself a favour and watch it, it's as compulsory an X-Mas movie as Die Hard 1 is.

• Like 2

When I was single I would plan my Christmas Day. Pint or two in the morning at the local then back home to cook a feast for one and then drinks in front of the crap telly . Loved it really!

Failing that get in the car and come to ours for Christmas dinner!? Your very welcome, I've been where you are.

• Like 6

When I was single I would plan my Christmas Day. Pint or two in the morning at the local then back home to cook a feast for one and then drinks in front of the crap telly . Loved it really!

Failing that get in the car and come to ours for Christmas dinner!? Your very welcome, I've been where you are.

What a nice offer! :)

I think this is actually the third thread.

Cancun at Christmas

Benidorm at Christmas

This one.

Obviously Christmas is a difficult time for many as well as yourself. and it sounds like although folks can't commit to a holiday away they can commit to meeting up etc which is awesome.

I went through a bad patch quite a few years ago, I thought at the time I was in a bad place and couldn't see a way out of it. Anyway over the Christmas period I did exactly what Dan suggested, I went for an awesome drive through north wales on relatively quiet roads but if you're planning on doing this don't forget to plan your route based on fuel and fill up Christmas Eve as you may find it difficult to find stations open. It is after all just a different day matey.

All this fuss for a couple of days of most people being places they would rather not be stuffing themselves silly with food they wouldn't normally eat and worrying about paying for it all.

Enjoy your blast in the car, nice price of steak and a beer in the evening.

It's just another day, get in the car, go for a blat on the emptiest roads you'll ever drive, come home and stick a game on, job done.

Exactly, forget the hype around xmas, accept it for what it is, another day...

I would also suggest with your threads of late, you need to go talk to a professional, whilst the forum may offer a lot of encouragement and support and some very kind gestures, you need to sit down with someone and talk :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 3

Some of the best drives I've ever had have been on Xmas day. One year I took the VXR on a stupid long drive and ended up on beach at night time, then there was last year when I managed to get from my house to the MIL in record time by discovering the A12 after Ipswich is a really fun road when it's empty...

One year, I'll sack off the Xmas nonsense altogether and grab a hotel in the Lake District, then just spend the day hooning. Can't think of anything better tbh.

• Like 2

One year, I'll sack off the Xmas nonsense altogether and grab a hotel in the Lake District, then just spend the day hooning. Can't think of anything better tbh.

Great idea for a mini meet, albeit a probably expensive one !

It's just another day, get in the car, go for a blat on the emptiest roads you'll ever drive, come home and stick a game on, job done.

I would also suggest with your threads of late, you need to go talk to a professional, whilst the forum may offer a lot of encouragement and support and some very kind gestures, you need to sit down with someone and talk :)

It's just where I've ended up in life. Both parents dead before 30, estranged family, all friends settled with kids and I'm single lol.

I don't think a professional can help with any of the above!

Some of the best drives I've ever had have been on Xmas day. One year I took the VXR on a stupid long drive and ended up on beach at night time, then there was last year when I managed to get from my house to the MIL in record time by discovering the A12 after Ipswich is a really fun road when it's empty...

One Christmas Day when on my tod I had Fish& Chips and a bottle of Moet for Christmas lunch. Brilliant. :snack:

• Like 1

Cancun at Christmas

Benidorm at Christmas

This

Ahh. Yep. I remember now.

With all due respect I think you're wrong if you originally don't remember posting 2 other Christmas related threads. And yes, it might be where you have "ended up in life" but it affects no 2 people in the same way. Get yourself to the doctors and ask to see a counsellor, most surgeries have one attavhed to them nowadays. Sounds to me as if there is a plan already in the making, go to Turkey and at least be with family. That has to be better than sitting alone at home waitng for the day of "gloom" to arrive, different environment, different folk, might help you feel a bit more human rathe than fretting about what you used to do with the ex.
  • Like 3

It's just where I've ended up in life. Both parents dead before 30, estranged family, all friends settled with kids and I'm single lol.

I don't think a professional can help with any of the above!

They can if you feel your state of mind is a direct result of the reasons above, they will probably be the only people that can help imho.

I ask you this, whats the worst that can happen by doing so and whats the best that can happen?

Cancun at Christmas

Benidorm at Christmas

This

Ahh. Yep. I remember now.

With all due respect I think you're wrong if you originally don't remember posting 2 other Christmas related threads. And yes, it might be where you have "ended up in life" but it affects no 2 people in the same way. Get yourself to the doctors and ask to see a counsellor, most surgeries have one attavhed to them nowadays. Sounds to me as if there is a plan already in the making, go to Turkey and at least be with family. That has to be better than sitting alone at home waitng for the day of "gloom" to arrive, different environment, different folk, might help you feel a bit more human rathe than fretting about what you used to do with the ex.

Great advice.

Do not dwell on the past, go a create a new future. I know it is easily said but thinking too much will not help. Go for it!