Xmas alone?

TT350

It's easy to say Christmas is just another day, but for people who are lonely it is one of the most awful days of the year. Last year my friend died, and as she knew she may not be around at Christmas her dying wish was for me to make sure her husband was not alone at Christmas. I felt like it was a burden she had left me with, my friendship was with her and not him, but he was on his own and so that's what we did! In fact we went to his house for Christmas dinner. I have experienced a minute version of the loneliness that you feel, when I got divorced, moved, changed job and my parents lived abroad, all at the same time. I used to dread weekends and sometimes I spent all weekend without moving off the sofa, so I can't imagine what it would be like without my parents and friends etc. But life does go on - you will survive, you will meet someone else, you will be happy eventually and you will put all this behind you. It may take longer than you think but you will get there.

• Like 1

Dude apologies if I've come across harsh, that's not been my intention but rather not to be indirect.

Mental health is a huge issue in this country and I bet the vast majority of the population has suffered to some degree or other even if they won't admit it but the problem seems to be that the NHS isn't geared up to deal with something that can't be seen/x rayed. No disrespect to any NHS worker with that comment.

No one wants to see you taken for a ride, if you're happy with your current circle of friends then that's fine but I still think you should widen it as the support doesn't SEEM to be there from your posts. The group you're meeting with sounds like a good start, spice also sounds like it will give you an opportunity to meet new people as well as new challenges to keep you busy.

• Like 1