Hurricane Matthew

ZMANALEX

Colleagues in northern Florida have been told to go home and follow local instructions. One I spoke to today said he didn't expect to have power later tonight and he's battened down the hatches. He's lived there for 20 years and never seen anything like it as far as preparation etc.

Thoughts are with the locals and also with the poorer affected countries like haiti

My cousins have just landed in Florida today for a Disney holiday..!! :scare:

Hopefully they'll be able to get some where safe should it hit where they are.

Thanks.

They couldn't have timed it worse. I'm sure they will be OK. They are staying in one of Disney's hotels.

Hopefully they'll be able to get some where safe should it hit where they are.

Thanks.

They couldn't have timed it worse. I'm sure they will be OK. They are staying in one of Disney's hotels.

In that case then I'm sure they'll be well looked after.

Last thing "Disney" would want is anything happening to their guests so I'm sure they'll do everything they can to ensure their safety in an event like this. ;)

• Like 1

One of our friends is also in Orlando. It'll rain like crazy but Orlando is far enough inland to escape the worst of the winds. Expect the theme parks to be closed for a day or two though.

Pete

• Like 1

One of our friends is also in Orlando. It'll rain like crazy but Orlando is far enough inland to escape the worst of the winds. Expect the theme parks to be closed for a day or two though.

Pete

Bet none of the rides are operating. Watching it's progress on Fox News.

Not looking good, tidal surge up to 12ft and 11ft waves. :scare:

• Like 1

Pete

Bet none of the rides are operating. Watching it's progress on Fox News.

Not looking good, tidal surge up to 12ft and 11ft waves. :scare:

One of my friends lives in Melbourne (Florida) right next to the beach. I think he's probably too busy to answer my EMails right now.

Pete

Slightly aggrieved with the UK press on this - Haiti get absolutely lashed, humanitarian crisis, disease will kill many more but when the hurricane hit them they barely made the news you had to scan down the articles to find it - now its actually going to hit the US suddenly its on all the front pages and talk of a theme park having to close for a couple of days is big news. Sad state of the times really.

• Like 3

Just watching it this morning on the news and they did show the damage on Haiti but yea more focus on the states where they are preparing for it and haven't had any real problems yet compared to Haiti who have lost everything

Vast majority of buildings there dropped to rubble and s rising death toll. Real shame

Downgraded to a 3 overnight and may not hit Florida head on, the worst seems to have passed Miami which is a relief as Mrs glrnet is supposed to be flying there on Sunday. There is a potentially horrible Cholera outbreak in Haiti now and as others have already said all news focused on USA. Bit galling really as now over 300 dead😡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami branch update :lol:

Please note the Miami Branch has re-opened today as the South Florida area has been cleared of any further danger.

Regarding MIA Airport, Arrivals are expected to resume this morning with Departures following later this afternoon.

• Like 1

Not trying to be smug but why would anyone go to Florida in Sept/Oct (It's hurricane season). I am heading out for 3 weeks in Nov when its still nice but the windy season has passed.

Sounds smug to me ;) Been in Spetember and Oct many times and been lucky evverytime, let's be honest it's a chance you take if that's the only time you can go.

My mate who lives in Florida just posted this video 6 hours of terror.

https://www.facebook...53890183383053/

All a bit small fry when you consider what is happening in Aleppo.

There is a potentially horrible Cholera outbreak in Haiti now and as others have already said all news focused on USA. Bit galling really as now over 300 dead������

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the USA for you....over 800 dead in Haiti now compared to just 4 in the US!

Edited by Beavis
  • Like 1