Is Trump really going to win?

Banz

US election  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the US election?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • I don't care.

I think that the US will be just fine - most of Trump's business assets are in the US.

What is more scary is the fact that he may have the power to make or break other countries.

He will be the most powerful president in living memory having both the presidency and both houses.

Scotland has had it for building wind turbines overlooking his golf course and we have had it for petitioning to ban him from the UK.

The US as a whole may well be 'fine' but it's the individuals that will be affected, awful time to be Muslim, gay, Mexican or even a woman in the US. They're already seeing a rise in racist and abusive incidents in the same way we did post referendum.

So far he also seems perfectly willing to destroy fantastic resources in the name of pandering to his pro-life, pro-gun and climate change denier audience. For example in one breath he mentioned how Planned Parenthood helps millions of US women with breast and cervical cancer, in the next he says he would defund it because he's pro-life, truly horrific.

Just like the UK will be fine post brexit, but I'm going to be screwed along with hundreds of thousands of other expats in the EU; going to need a new type of visa to stay in the country I raised my family in and have all kinds of other hoops to jump through. Gonna be awesome. :(

...the UK hasn't Brexited yet so the UK hasn't really experienced anything negative from it - it wont be felt until 2019 at the earliest. Pound has fallen and most retailers are hanging in there without price rises accordingly, but these will come into effect next year once the hedged import prices are expired. I'm still more nervous about brexit impact than trump, at the moment.

• Like 1

Maybe we should have a new poll, which policy will Trump have a go at first - something sensible like infrastructure or something mental like blanket bans on people based on race or colour.

Obamacare gets my bet!

Aye, something in the name suggests he will want it gone ASAP.

Pence has already come out and said that smoking doesnt actually kill people, has suggested they will stop teaching evolution in schools and has said they will reintroduce "conversion therapy" for homosexuals.

Oh, and they have both said they are going to remove anti pollution laws because Global warming doesnt exist. And that vaccines cause autism.

Go 21st Century! :lol:

Thats another thing that gets my goat somewhat, and not directing this at you personally Steve, but the idea that we all now jump on board and support the good ship Trump. Just like Brexit it was a common Facebook post from Leavers saying 'oh all you remainers should now support the leave effort' but what does that mean exactly?

Its not as if I am now going to put in less effort at my workplace in a hope that somehow it will have an effect on the country succeeding during a brexit for instance, I am still going in, working hard, providing for myself and my family. So what exactly does this sort of comment mean? Just because a vote meant a % of the country voted for something I didn't I should just toss all my beliefs aside and go with it. If there is no opposition to government then there is no such thing as a democracy.

i think the point of that post and it applies to brexit, its not suck it up and get along, but remain voters and Clinton voters sitting there hoping they (trump and leaving the EU) **** up and being able to go told you so, kind of comes with some rather sour side effects, you voted remain i assume? so did i, Would i rather find in 3 year time brexit has helped me rather than what i feared and hindered me damn straight i would

i would rather be wrong and better off than right and in the @*!# with the cards life has dealt

Oh I agree Steve, I don't want the country to go to the dogs either, I live here. But I wont support or get behind Leavers in a way of supporting their idea. I still think the risk is high and haven't changed my mind since, especially with the EU rhetoric and all the monetary promises made by the Leave campaign (unsurprisingly) were false.

He'll be fine.

He's less of an interfering warmonger than Hillary is, his opening speech showed how he's going to mellow now he's actually won, much like this country the power sits with the people around the boss rather than the boss, and if not then at least he'll do stuff rather than just talk about it.

I think it'll be significantly better than people fear. I agree that neither choice was great though!

Hypocrite..you gave me an FFS for congratulating The Donald...???? Whoop Whoop

The US as a whole may well be 'fine' but it's the individuals that will be affected, awful time to be Muslim, gay, Mexican or even a woman in the US. They're already seeing a rise in racist and abusive incidents in the same way we did post referendum.

So far he also seems perfectly willing to destroy fantastic resources in the name of pandering to his pro-life, pro-gun and climate change denier audience. For example in one breath he mentioned how Planned Parenthood helps millions of US women with breast and cervical cancer, in the next he says he would defund it because he's pro-life, truly horrific.

What amuses me is that The U.S is really in line for the worst effects of climate change. Rising Sea levels, well Goodbye Florida, Louisiana, more Hurricanes, Tornados', droughts and forest fires, floods and blizzards. Places like Phoenix and Las Vegas will be untenable when Lake Mead and Lake Powell dry up and they are at historically low levels right now, not to mention temperatures as high as 45 degrees for weeks on end. On top of that and nothing to do with Trump they build huge cities right on top of major fault lines or next to the most dangerous fault line in the world The Cascadia subduction zone or in the middle of deserts :scare: .

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

Pete

Indeed, in 40 years the bombs will be falling anyway, we'll be fighting over water. There isn't enough of it (that's still clean or can economically be processed) if we keep reproducing at the current rate.

Edited by Aashenfox

He'll be fine.

He's less of an interfering warmonger than Hillary is, his opening speech showed how he's going to mellow now he's actually won, much like this country the power sits with the people around the boss rather than the boss, and if not then at least he'll do stuff rather than just talk about it.

I think it'll be significantly better than people fear. I agree that neither choice was great though!

Hypocrite..you gave me an FFS for congratulating The Donald...???? Whoop Whoop

No numbnuts, I gave you an FFS for posting up a THIRD thread about the election when there were two directly above it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Ekona