Bodykit choice, Yes or No

GTOpezzer

Also, you're only ever going to receive mostly positive feebldback in person - no ones going to come up to you and tell you, uninvited, how much they dislike your car are they?

Unless you're openly inviting opinions, like here for example, most people who don't like it won't say anything at all.

• Like 1

on days out/car shows/meets....and I am speaking from my own experience...with my first Zed which had a Veilside wide bodykit I always had a lot of positive feedback everywhere I go and I am not sure why some of the members here dislike it so much...

these 2 bodykits on here are a different story - one wants to transform your Zed into a GTR lookalike and another...well....not sure you can even call it a decent bodykit/upgrade...more of a downgrade...

I am with you :)

You cant argue opinion and if you like it thats all the matters but you say yourself, "some" members, which i would put my right nut on being most members, think its god awful, much the same as the havoc and gtr which is why i mentioned it in context, you never going to see why its disliked if you think it looks good.

It was the same on the Rx7 forum when it came to Veilside kits, i wouldnt even say a majority, it was pretty much universally disliked and to be honest i dont think its any different on here, cant be coincidence its known as Failside, its just too fast and furious wanna be, at least the Havoc is different and the gtr, well imho the less said the better.

None of the above is meant as criticism, its good we all like different stuff.

I actually quite like the Veilside RX7's :blush:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

post-28616-0-94976700-1464807301_thumb.jpg

See image attached. Thats the kit i would very much like, but I know it would run into the thousands to buy it and get it into the country, let alone get it all fitted and painted. Of the two kits you've selected, I really don't like them, it doesn't suit the car, there are a lot more nicer kits out there, In my opinion (amuse, but it's ££££). In all honesty, I quite like the nismo kit. If I was you, I would get the spats and other parts repaired and maybe look for a nismo front bumper, not just a lip.

The Zed is a good clean shape to start with, as someone else said, keeping it as OE looking as possible it always the best bet, will help you sell on as well. Ive long said a decent bumper, nice wheels that fit properly and some lows make the best looking cars :)

And I dont want to start a fight, but while kitted cars will always get more attention ask Zed owners which widearch they prefer, my old one with Chargespeed or the Veilside look and I bet 8/10 go for the the less ostentatious look, hell I bet given the choice 8/10 would take a standard car over Failside.

Of course youll get positive feedback, people are hardly likely to walk up to the car and tell you it looks gash (like they will on here in fact) :lol:

Veilside and the other transformer style kits were great in the early 90's, but that was 20 years ago, but its your money and your taste, just be aware its unlikely to be a popular choice.

I'd take a long walk in the rain over a Failside.

Is that you walking OVER the failside?

Personally I'd rather herpes to the failside, at least that wouldn't end up all over the internet with people laughing at me :lol:

It really is a struggle to think (on Rx7 at least) that whilst not only are you decimating a gorgeous car, your paying £20k fitted and thats for replica prices and then last one i saw built was adorned with some wheel mania mgm alloys and 75mm spacers :scare:

on days out/car shows/meets....and I am speaking from my own experience...with my first Zed which had a Veilside wide bodykit I always had a lot of positive feedback everywhere I go and I am not sure why some of the members here dislike it so much...

these 2 bodykits on here are a different story - one wants to transform your Zed into a GTR lookalike and another...well....not sure you can even call it a decent bodykit/upgrade...more of a downgrade...

Ok but, people who come up to you to talk about the kit on the car are going to be the ones who like it. No one - unless they're really rude - are going to walk up to you and say " hey! that kit!! it's awful!" Edited by Rock_Steady

• 2 weeks later...

As with anything Body kits have to complement the rest of the car have the wrong wheels ,wrong colour, wrong ride height etc and it can ruin a bodykits looks get it right and it can really work

as personally i dont think my bodykit works with my choice of wheels and other parts aswell as my car has in the past.

Ok but, people who come up to you to talk about the kit on the car are going to be the ones who like it. No one - unless they're really rude - are going to walk up to you and say " hey! that kit!! it's awful!"

I prefer the term "honest" :lol:

Sounds like I'm in the minority here but I like the veilside kit if done properly with the right wheels. I agree that maybe it's not the current fashion but I still thinks it's nice. Maybe I'm just old ;)

It's a bit old now and not that popular any longer and also the trend has shifted...

still don't get it why the guys that don't like it make such a big case out of it....don't like it... keep walking ;)