Hello , hopefully new a new owner Soon... Woot now with Photos

Hi guys Been on the borderline of buying a zed for a year, just gonna be a weekend toy.

I finally dropped a deposit on one last weekend was hopeing to grab it this weekend but.... they are taking their sweet time sorting it for me .

took em till today to sort the Buy Now Pay Forever so they have'nt started the work i wanted fixing before i bought it .

There was a bit of paintwork on bumper and arch i wanted blowing in and the alloys wanted a refurbed also it looked like a oil leak from right hand side of engine below filler cap ( read on here they can be prone to leak on rocker near spark plugs). tempted to just let em keep deposit and go grab another for the Sunny weekend.

Patience was never one of my strong points. :lol:

pics to follow when i finally get my toy

350z%20001.jpg

350z%20002.jpg

350z%20004.jpg

Edited by Brimstoneboy

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Make sure they properly fix that Zed for you before you accept it and not sure silicone it or some other cheap fix.

If there is oil in the spark plug wells & on the spark plugs then you'll most likely need a complete new rocker cover, ...if it's just leaking/weeping from the side then you might get lucky just fixing it with a new gasket. Both parts below from one of the trusted professional traders. ;)

Rocker cover gaskets: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80779-rocker-cover-gaskets-for-oil-leaks-vq35de/

Cam cover complete assemb: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80780-new-nissan-cam-cover-assembly-vq35de/

I was (being the operative word) buying it trade from auto point York but messing me about so I told em to keep the deposit . About to head to dewsbury to look at a private sale looks a better motor also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was (being the operative word) buying it trade from auto point York but messing me about so I told em to keep the deposit . About to head to dewsbury to look at a private sale looks a better motor also

I think you've made a good decision there.

Good luck with your search!

Although how much was the deposit? As they've messed you about and not actually done anything other than call a finance company (which they'll make commission on), could argue to get your deposit back. Either way, I agree that walking away from that one seems the right decision!

Was couple hundred,the price of a induction kit or a mechanic ,to raise the new one lol (does not like speed bumps) . I prolly should have argued the point but at the time I was more interested in getting off the phone and arranging to see the one I bought . You live and learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk