Custom retrimmed steering wheel

Edd20022

I hereby offer £10 to the OP towards a decent re-retrim by a recognised trader on here. Not as a pity gesture, as a f*ck you to the person who made a mess of his wheel. The condition of this offer is that whatever is pulled from the wheel is posted back to the original trimmer with the above phrase, asterisk removed, written in the box/packet.

• Like 2

I hereby offer £10 to the OP towards a decent re-retrim by a recognised trader on here. Not as a pity gesture, as a f*ck you to the person who made a mess of his wheel. The condition of this offer is that whatever is pulled from the wheel is posted back to the original trimmer with the above phrase, asterisk removed, written in the box/packet.

I'll chuck £10 in to that as well. Same condition.

Genuine LOL at the above quotes! :lol:

I'll chuck £10 in to that as well. Same condition.

Yup, I'll have some of that too :lol:

Edit: But I want the condition changed slightly, I want Ricey to write a nice "thank you" note to the seller :teeth:

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 3

Whilst I can see the kindness in this crowd funding effort I can't help but feel that it could also be construed as slightly bullying the OP.

If he was happy with the wheel then good on him, if not then I am sure he is capable of contacting the trader responsible himself. It could also be convincing him that he is unhappy with a product that he was previously content with based on the negative feedback which is a bit of a shame.

I know this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to share their opinion, particularly as the OP seemed to want those opinions, and I am in no way trying to suggest anything other than good intent by anyone here (I am always grateful for everyone's two cents myself when I ask for it) but I would feel bad if something like this might put the OP off from posting or searching for opinions in future.

If you feel I am way off here then by all means ignore what I am saying, and OP if you have no issues and feel my defence is unwarranted or not needed then fine, but having watched this develop I couldn't sit and say nothing.

• Like 3

@Jowen7448: It's a fair comment, and well put.

OP, no offence intended at all, as I've always said on here as long as you're happy, then that's all that matters.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

I have a steering done by royal steering wheels.

Obviously i've never seen the final product from your company, the difference in pics is night and day though.

I'd say the steering wheel looks to have been done to a very poor standard. I'd be trying to cancel your order and do it with Jack.

However if it turns out well and your happy then that's all that matters.

I have a steering done by royal steering wheels.

Obviously i've never seen the final product from your company, the difference in pics is night and day though.

I'd say the steering wheel looks to have been done to a very poor standard. I'd be trying to cancel your order and do it with Jack.

However if it turns out well and your happy then that's all that matters.

A bit late to cancel considering he is already got it lol

Might be worth to try to send it back and ask for a refund and possibly involve Ebay for a dispute.

Might be worth to try to send it back and ask for a refund and possibly involve Ebay for a dispute.

^^ That's what I'd do with the wheel if I wasn't happy but if I was then it wouldn't matter what anyone else thinks of it as I'd keep it. ;)

Holy sh*t!

44 replies!

I wish people were this forthcoming when I ask about exhaust gaskets!

Thanks for pointing out the flaws in my steering wheel - but to be honest, I'm happy enough with it, and despite its flaws it's better than my OEM one from a driving perspective at least.

As I mentioned in the OP this was a punt - an impulse purchase...as was the Zed itself. I am a salesmans dream customer.

Yes, the example wheels that have been posted do look better, and had I of known about Jack and his mad needle and thread skills I would of approached him. But I didn't. So hey ho.

To sum up - Jacks wheels are better, I still really like mine....you know what, I think I'll keep it.

Non regrette rien

Edited by Edd20022
  • Like 8