Custom retrimmed steering wheel

Edd20022

So I took a punt on a foreign eBay add offering custom designed retrimmed wheels.

There were loads of options to pick from like thickness, flat bottom, alcantara, smooth leather, perforated leather and more.

After choosing my options and parting with approx £270 it finally arrived and I was really pleased with the result.

I even asked for the stitching and 12hr strap to match my Alezan seats.

Took just over a month to be made and posted out, but definitely worth it I think.

post-22111-0-77292300-1462215762_thumb.jpeg

post-22111-0-51834500-1462215790_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

The wait wasn't a problem as my Z was in storage for the winter at the time, plus they provide the new wheel or you can do an exchange for your old wheel and get a £40 discount after the new one arrives.

So it's not a month with no wheel.

Edited by Edd20022

The wait wasn't a problem as my Z was in storage for the winter at the time, plus they provide the new wheel or you can do an exchange for your old wheel and get a £40 discount after the new one arrives.

So it's not a month with no wheel.

That's alright then - but yeah Jack does the same service, send your old wheel in after your new one arrives and then a refund of £50 for it.

Enjoy the new wheel mate - probably be my next mod too I think...

Something doesn't look right buddy sorry to say :wacko:

I agree, its the left side, like the thumb grip seems off? I'm not sold on the thickness, looks like it's been stuffed with the stuffing from a teddy bear

BUT!!!

The owner is happy, so that's all that matters :)

Having had mine done by Jack - And being well over 3 hours late ( the man is a saint for tolerating my terrible sense of directions ) It was fitted and perfect from the moment I laid eyes on it :D

I would post pics, but I don't have any and I cba to go get some :p

Sorry to stir the pot so to speak, but £270 is VERY expensive you should have shopped around. RoyalSteering would have saved you at least £100! I sourced my own steering wheel and it cost me £120 + £9.99 postage for the retrim.

Edited by Sargara

Sorry to stir the pot so to speak, but £270 is VERY expensive you should have shopped around. RoyalSteering would have saved you at least £100! I sourced my own steering wheel and it cost me £120 + £9.99 postage for the retrim.

Sorry but I have to agree with this mate.

My wheel looks exactly the same (apart from the colours) and it cost 195 from jack at Royal Steering Wheels

IMG_4782.jpg

It could be the picture, but the left thumb grip looks wrinked or mis-shapen somehow. The bottom leather part on yours is also wrinkled and the top stitching around the 12 o clock strap looks a bit odd.

Sorry mate but id be asking for my money back and going to Jack.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

I think his looks different as his side gripes (perforated leather) were made way longer than OEM/other retrimmed wheels. To bottom and top sections (normal leather) are quite small and to me look a bit out of place like that...but that's only my opinion.

Also sorry to point out, but 12 o'clock ribbon looks a bit wonky as well lol

Ignoring the cost aspect, and I do appreciate that steering wheels can look quite different in the flesh, but to my eyes that's not an acceptable level of quality. Compare it with CS2000's wheel and it's night and day in terms of finish.

• Like 1

Aside from everything else thats been mentioned isn't the orange bit at the top on the wonk/not central?

Sorry mate. £50 and I'd say you had a bargain

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The more I look, the more disappointed I become!

If I'm completely honest, I absolutely hate the look of these reprofiled steering wheels anyway... they just look as if they've melted or something. But this one looks even worse due to the poor fit of the new leather cover.

Don't get me wrong; I understand all too well how difficult steering wheels are to trim, especially when they're all awkward angles like this one. But that finish is pretty bad, to say the least... :(

• Like 2

I think its clear that the finish is poor, OP any ts and cs on their site around getting it done to a good standard and returns.

That said, if you feel its a great finish you are happy with it matters not what people think on here (although your post would indicate you were looking for opinions) and no need to challenge the company on quality.

Jesus guys, I feel like we've ruined something OP really liked. :(

Me too, and I do feel bad about it, but if he hasn't ever seen any examples of it done "properly" then he may well be happy with it, theres so many issues with it, its not even funny!

It must be a crazy difficult job to do, but Jack at Royal Steering wheels seems to get it spot on every time TBF...

If I'm completely honest, I absolutely hate the look of these reprofiled steering wheels anyway... they just look as if they've melted or something.

Agreed, they may look a little strange, buf after holding one all the weird looking-ness was put aside in my mind. Hence why I went for one.

OP, id seriously try to get thjat returned. You can pay less and get it done properly from a forum trader, or Royal Steering Wheels and know the result will be a good one.