Any Android phone users?

gangzoom

My iPhone 5's battery is slowly dying, it's lasted me well and I'm half tempted just to get the battery replaced for £59, but some of the cheaper Android phones have caught my eye.

Especially the One plus 2, £250 gets you a lot of phone. Have always had only iPhone before (Plam Pilot way before), but happy to try something different. Anyone got any experience or Android devices or in particular the One plus 2?? Max budget is £250-300.

Should add not all interested in getting another iPhone, I'm done with Apple and gradually shifting eveything to Windows based devices.

Edited by gangzoom

Ive always had android phones since the early days of them. Last few have been the Galaxy s2, Galaxy s3 and currently ive the Galaxy s5. Cant fault them really, never had any problems at all. My battery lasts a good whole day of use. Ive a spare battery I got for a fiver, so if needbe I can quickly swap it over. Ive a 64gb microsd card in it, which is miles of space. However, I just sync everything with google, so I dont seem to use much storage space. The advantage with this is that when I get a new phone, i just login with my google id and all my music, photos, contacts, pictures, emails, everything are automatically there.

The one plus 2 is a really good phone and excellent value for money. My friend has one and raves about it.

• Like 2

:lol:

I get to play a lot with different devices, and I have to say that Windows Phones are actually pretty good, more so if you are a windows person, just make sure its a Win 10 device not an 8,1.

Depends on how much you like your apps though... ;) "There's an app for that..." oh wait there's not.

• Like 3

I've always had Android - Samsung Note for me (Currently Note 3 - IMHO not as good as the Note 2, but hanging on for the Note 6 ). - Use = Rare calls, some light texting, mostly internet, lots of photographs, music and other downloads,, so suits me fine. :)

I get to play a lot with different devices, and I have to say that Windows Phones are actually pretty good, more so if you are a windows person, just make sure its a Win 10 device not an 8,1.

What are the good Windows phones? Main attraction of Android is the cheap £. Some of the latest 'flagship' handset are crazy price. I notice Apple will even sell you finance on an iPhone - 14% APR.....Maddness.

Edited by gangzoom

Depends on how much you like your apps though... ;) "There's an app for that..." oh wait there's not.

This is very true, the windows store has most (and I say most fairly loosely) of the popular apps. Its improving all the time, so if you can put up with not having some apps available then its an ok choice. Guess it depends on the type of user you are.

The biggest reason for me, IF i was to get a Win Phone, would be the 20Mb Pixel camera on the Lumia 950. It takes very good photos.

Had a look and the Elephone p9000 is now out!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-5-Elephone-P9000-4GB-32GB-Android-6-0-Octa-Core-4G-LTE-Mobile-Smartphone-13MP-/191837553211?hash=item2caa68c23b:g:UEQAAOSwZtJW-iw6

Check out reviews etc and youtube vids, great phones! I've got the p7000, the p8000 was a flop but this is suppose to be brilliant.

• Like 1

I've been using android phones for years, I will never have an apple product (much detesting here) - anyway, a friend used to have a blackberry a short while ago (he didn't like touch screen and wanted keypad) ... I said you should try an android phone, his phone imploded and needed a new one.

I said again, he should try an android phone.

He then bought a windows phone :wacko:

The windows phone is irritating him now (plus app store is still small at the moment).

I've not bothered suggesting anything again :lol:

I'm looking again as well (upgrade soon), so will keep an eye on thread.

I've got an S2 and an S3 sat at home useless cos the charger port failed. S5 now and this one's on the way out.

Have to wiggle the micro usb cable a bit to get it to charge. Then it's on and off. Only a matter of time now until it stops charging all together.