The worst car you ever owned

Flex

By far the worst car to drive I ever had was citroen saxo. Was the slowest manual option you could get being the 1 litre but that was probably a good thing since the handling was awful. Lift off oversteer was unpredictable and just wasn't a pleasurable experience by any means for anything more than a 30 minute journey. Coupled with the fact that it liked to fall to bits whenever it felt like it made our overall relationship displeasing at best.

Worst car owned ... Volvo XC90

bought what was thought to be a good car till it rained heavily and it turned out to be a monumental headache

waterleaks turned the footwells into swamps where also all the expensive electrics are kept; at which point we had complete electrical failure everything dead but the engine while driving in the dark. then the gear box would randomly cut out.

monumental heap of shiizer

had another as a courtesy car and it reminded me of its oil tanker turning circle; agricultural sound and rattly interior; put me of Volvo for life.

bought what was thought to be a good car till it rained heavily and it turned out to be a monumental headache

waterleaks turned the footwells into swamps where also all the expensive electrics are kept; at which point we had complete electrical failure everything dead but the engine while driving in the dark. then the gear box would randomly cut out.

had another as a courtesy car and it reminded me of its oil tanker turning circle; agricultural sound and rattly interior; put me of Volvo for life.

So what've you got now RTB ?

So what've you got now RTB ?

VW Touareg V6 TDI

as having a family car goes I like it a lot. when the twins are bigger and can get in and do their own seatbelts up i'll swap to a hot estate or saloon

Another dog I owned was a Fiat X1/9. Almost undriveable in snow or ice and things constantly going wrong. Bought mine with less than 4k on the clock, within 6 months the door had a massive rust sprout and Fiat refused to honour the warranty as they only covered rust from the inside. In the end it turned out that the door had been vandalised before I bought the car and the Fiat main dealer had bodged the repair so in the end they had no choice but to fork out. Very poor build quality, I should have known better but I really fancied one. Good concept but poorly executed, only kept it 12 months.

Pete

Mk1 MR2 SuperCharger tuned to 190bhp... absolutely great car... but my brother rolled it in to a ditch the first time he borrowed it within a year of me owning it so I wish I'd never had it. :(

Sh**. :surrender:

Hope he was ok Haydn.

I spent all morning saying he couldn't borrow it, but he had a job interview the next day and needed a hair cut so eventually convinced me on the condition that if he damaged it I'd kill him. I got a call from the police a bit later that started with "Don't worry sir, your brother is OK, but...", I'm not sure they were impressed with me responding "He won't be".

Mk2 mr2. Had 2. Never again both terrible!

What so bad you bought it twice?

Really?!? I've personally had 2 Mk2s, a Turbo and UK NA, both were absolutely great cars. We've (dad, brother & I) also had 2 more Turbos we used for track days, also great cars. What was wrong with yours?

Mk1 MR2 SuperCharger tuned to 190bhp... absolutely great car... but my brother rolled it in to a ditch the first time he borrowed it within a year of me owning it so I wish I'd never had it. :(

Sh**. :surrender:

Hope he was ok Haydn.

I spent all morning saying he couldn't borrow it, but he had a job interview the next day and needed a hair cut so eventually convinced me on the condition that if he damaged it I'd kill him. I got a call from the police a bit later that started with "Don't worry sir, your brother is OK, but...", I'm not sure they were impressed with me responding "He won't be".

did your reply also include

"can you call an ambulance to the crash site please, because by the time I get there he IS going to need one ..... " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really?!? I've personally had 2 Mk2s, a Turbo and UK NA, both were absolutely great cars. We've (dad, brother & I) also had 2 more Turbos we used for track days, also great cars. What was wrong with yours?

Both had the oil block issue, both went bang, one tried to kill me lol, stupid rubber gromit on the throttle cable came lose and wedged the throttle on full when changing into 2nd in the wet, ended up doing a 360 into the centre reservation :lol: Just 2 bad examples i suppose. both NA too.

Bought the second one as spares because the first one went pop, ended up keeping the spares one as it was better than the one i had lol! then that one went pop too!

As for my worst car, TBH I haven't really had one which didn't serve the purpose it was bought for. I have only had 5 cars in around 20 years mind :lol:

If I really had to choose one though it would have to be the little Micra I had as a courtesy car when I first got my Zed and it had to go in for warranty work. There wasn't really anything wrong with it functionally but I think it used to be Nick Griffin's......

72E4004C-ADCD-4BFC-A113-088573EC105F_zpsfyuvxefz.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think I could physically force myself inside the car. As much as I appreciate a courtesy car and hate public transport in general i think I would be gettin the bus.

What this picture doesn't show is that in the next space is probably a Ferarri California, a friend who I used to work with would on occasion bring in his weekend toy and park in the next bay and I seem to remember he was in it when I had the courtesy car. I will see if I have a picture of them together as it really was chalk and cheese.