The worst car you ever owned

Flex

I don't think I could physically force myself inside the car. As much as I appreciate a courtesy car and hate public transport in general i think I would be gettin the bus.

What this picture doesn't show is that in the next space is probably a Ferarri California, a friend who I used to work with would on occasion bring in his weekend toy and park in the next bay and I seem to remember he was in it when I had the courtesy car. I will see if I have a picture of them together as it really was chalk and cheese.

Brilliant :lol:

He didn't fancy lending you it whilst yours was off the road then ;)

Unfortunately it wasn't the same day, just checked my camera roll. Looks like it was a couple of days later, could have swore we had them next to each other.

He did offer me the keys but I never did take him up on the offer which I still regret.

Edited by Fodder

Apparently a breather gets blocked or something or an oil feed or something? Then it starves the bottom end of oil and bang.

Wasn't that the MR2S using the vvti engine also found in the Gen 7 Celica?

I've heard of Mk3 issues, but I thought the 3SGE/3SGTE was a pretty solid engine.

Apparently a breather gets blocked or something or an oil feed or something? Then it starves the bottom end of oil and bang.

I've heard of Mk3 issues, but I thought the 3SGE/3SGTE was a pretty solid engine.

the Mk3 MR2 used the 1zz engine the celica used the 2zz engine. the 1zz had pre cat issues where the material would crumble and then get sucked back into the engine causing cylinder wear. i had it and then had a new engine fitted.

the 2zz had a higher rev band not dissimilar to the S2K and more bhp 1zz was about 140bhp 2zz was about 200bhp. it was apparently a nice engine to drop back into the mr2 as it had more grunt.

• Like 1

the Mk3 MR2 used the 1zz engine the celica used the 2zz engine. the 1zz had pre cat issues where the material would crumble and then get sucked back into the engine causing cylinder wear. i had it and then had a new engine fitted.

the 2zz had a higher rev band not dissimilar to the S2K and more bhp 1zz was about 140bhp 2zz was about 200bhp. it was apparently a nice engine to drop back into the mr2 as it had more grunt.

Thanks, couldn't remember the engine codes. 1zz was in the standard Celica with the 2zz in the 190/T-Sport variety. I had the 190.

a friend had his replaced in his MR2S (mk3) due to the issue which was well documented for the celicas but not the MR2. I provided him the TB along with other sources as his Toyota dealership denied all knowledge at first.

I think Bradders has his MR2's mixed up :)

a mk4 astra 1.8 sri. Filled the rear footwells with water when it rained, leaked oil, power steering fluid and gearbox oil. Was rubbish on fuel and handled like a house brick on ice. Front seats weren't bad, but thats all it had going for it.

• Like 1