12 months with the Leaf....far from perfect, but the future is coming.

gangzoom

3.3% - 3.6% deals are available :thumbs:

On 100k with a guaranteed residual value ? . Where ?

well, ok - not for that amount ............ but I am talking about general loans

Given the low interest rates right now, any reason you haven't just been and bought the Tesla already? Given you've managed to save £4K a month, you could've put half that on the Tesla monthly payment and still been massively comfortable.

Halifax will finance a Tesla at 3.3%, which is pretty damn good. Have been tempted but there's no rush, the Leaf is doing fine, costing me hardly anything to run, and at the rate which Tesla is bringing out new updates etc, used prices are only heading one way, in 12months time a used S85 will be <£40K (£70K+ original price) :).

Besides, currently have other more important things on my mind(already another thread about that!!).....But clearly not that busy given I'm still having time to come on here :lol:

26487229295_fff9c35afd_b.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

People obsessed with noise, just pump up the stereo FFS.

I’ve been soundproofing my Zed…

I test drove the BMW i3 – fantastic car, actually found it really fun to drive around town

How did you not vom when you saw it/got in it?

Seems tesla are still struggling to get things right

https://www.theguard...out-of-cars-suv

Given the X is the only mass production car with folding gull wing doors, has the largest piece of front windshield glass ever produced, the most advanced auto-pilot hardware/software, it would be frankly amazing if it didn't have 'bugs' to sort out at this early stage of it's production cycle.

The first UK demo cars have apparently just arrived in showrooms, the deal breaker for me though is there is still no confirmed UK pricing. It's likely the base spec 75D will have a starting price north of £70K (Compared to £40K for a used 85kWh Model S). Which compared to my Leaf is horrific/un-justifiable amount to spend on any car, regardless of the tech. But I'll wait and see in 12 months time, if we can keep on saving even at 50% the rate we've managed in the last 12 months despite having a baby, than who knows :).

25967797224_17eb0fdd43_b.jpg

I think given the choice between a leaf and a 1.6 ford focus, i'd probably take the leaf and pocket the extra cash each week. i mean, a focus isn't going to sound good, and it isn't going to go any faster, and its not going to have a particularly exciting gearchange, so why pay so much more a month?

as long as a humdrum car has aircon, cruise control, a reasonable stereo and comfy seats, i'm not really fussed what propulsion method it employs, i'd just have the cheapest.

Thats actually a good point, the extras that come with the LEAF arent too bad, a group of us got to drive them round Nurburgring :) heated steering wheel, etc all way better than a focus ;)

Sly now has a Kia EV and he prefers that, didnt look too bad.

• Like 1

100% tax relief innit.

Unlike a supercar which would take forever to get all the tax relief

Yes, I was looking at one as company car (EV) but government are slowly creeping up the benefit in kind so yes 100% tax relief but you still pay personal tax on it. W@nkers!!! Unless you're self employed then yes 100% (less personal usage)

Preaching to the converted here Flex, I just didn't go into the depths of detail.

As you say, currently still a lot better the ICE, but give it a few years and it's less appealing (BIK), but getting FYA is still a big plus for some people

• Like 1

Besides, currently have other more important things on my mind(already another thread about that!!).....But clearly not that busy given I'm still having time to come on here :lol:

Wow, have you had a child? I must have missed that despite you mentioning it in EVERY SINGLE BLOODY POST ......... :surrender:

Congrats, youre clearly made up over it but we've got the message now dude. ;)

• Like 1

Ultimately, cheap to run, but it is in the grand scheme of things a cheap runabout and nothing more. Focus 1.6, not exciting vs other petrol cars, but certainly more exciting than a Leaf on comparison. I think the actual comparison of a Leaf is against something like a Ford Ka. Unspectacular, relatively slow, cheap runabout.

Ironically the places where this should work best i.e. cities trying to cut pollution is where it will not sell in my view. I use my car when heading off on bigger round trips. Anything shorter then public transport wins hands down in London in my view.

So, cheap, slow, uninspiring, get a Leaf. Want longer journey's get a Focus. Want some fun, get something else.

Wow, have you had a child? I must have missed that despite you mentioning it in EVERY SINGLE BLOODY POST ......... :surrender:

Congrats, youre clearly made up over it but we've got the message now dude. ;)

:lol: dont read his posts then!

Ultimately, cheap to run, but it is in the grand scheme of things a cheap runabout and nothing more. Focus 1.6, not exciting vs other petrol cars, but certainly more exciting than a Leaf on comparison. I think the actual comparison of a Leaf is against something like a Ford Ka. Unspectacular, relatively slow, cheap runabout.

Ironically the places where this should work best i.e. cities trying to cut pollution is where it will not sell in my view. I use my car when heading off on bigger round trips. Anything shorter then public transport wins hands down in London in my view.

So, cheap, slow, uninspiring, get a Leaf. Want longer journey's get a Focus. Want some fun, get something else.

Funny you say that as the Leaf is quicker to 60 than the Focus

The only think cheap about the Leaf is the running cost they are expensive to buy

Funny you say that as the Leaf is quicker to 60 than the Focus

The only think cheap about the Leaf is the running cost they are expensive to buy

Never said the 1.6 Focus was faster than the Leaf?