A 370Z with a modern twist

Just a few finishing touches needed now I think.

The next job is to source a set of Motordyne ART pipes to try to reduce the shriekiness of the exhaust around the 3k - 4k range and hopefully get it further within tolerance for track days so I am not worrying about wasting my booking fee when I arrive for the noise test.

I also want to drop the KWs one click on the rear of the car, as there is just a touch more arch-gap there than I would like and then will have the geo reassessed just to make sure everything is set up properly. The car is already pretty low - the other day when I went to the Arndale Centre in Manchester I parked it in the lower floor valeting section and paid extra, even though it was already clean and raining outside, just to try to avoid tangling with the ramps! However, I think just one click more on the rear would be perfect without going silly-low.

photo_zps2cxrxck9.jpg

Finally I have been looking at rear lip spoilers, as I think a very subtle gloss black lip to add to accentuate the tail and key into the other gloss black parts would look spot on. Just trying to find the most subtle of those available at the moment.

So far the Mines rear lip spoiler is looking like a winner, but open to suggestions!

Great read & really good mods to the car Fella. That road trip to Europe seems epic. Can I join next time!! :lol:

If you fancy it, here is the website for the tour operator:

http://petrolhead.tours/tours/

I am booked on their weekend tour of Wales in May and in September I am doing their Scottish Highlands tour and Alpine North. I think they are fully booked for most of the tours for 2016 now, but Pete mentioned he might have a few spaces available for the Alpine South tour still which is the one I did last year.

Unlike many of the European rallys, where each morning they give you your days destination and everyone just splits off at brake neck pace, Pete's tours are so well organised. Most of the attendees are regulars who do the tours year after year so there is a real community feel.

At the start of the tour you are each given a satnav with routes, way points and even fuel stops meticulously planned and a radio so you can all chat whilst out on the road. You tend to keep together as two packs; the front pack is lead by one tour leader and is for those that want to go maximum attack when out on the open roads and passes and a second group with a second tour leader, for those that are less confident or want to go at a mre leisurely pace. Each day you all meet up for lunch and then again for dinner at your hotel so have chance to banter and laugh about the event sof the morning or afternoon. Everyone looks out for one another and when not on the deserted mountain passes and real driving roads, you all adhere to the local speed limits and behave yourselves, as you make for a pretty conspicuous convoy! It is great fun just seeing the reactions of children and Joe public as everyone wants to take your picutre and give you a wave.

I am also on the interest list for Norway in 2017 and will probably look to do another Alpine tour that year too. Have a look and see what you think and if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. :)

• Like 1

Just a few finishing touches needed now I think.

I also want to drop the KWs one click on the rear of the car, as there is just a touch more arch-gap there than I would like

photo_zps2cxrxck9.jpg

Don't over do it JJ, she is looking good. Subtle mods retain the OEM lines whilst adding aggression and presence. I think you are there mate. The only future mod I can foresee is potentially a new set of wheels. Although it looks fine on the Rays.

I'd also be wary of going to low. I have sacrificed driveabilty for aesthetics a number of times over the years, to the extent in the zed where I couldn't fill up the petrol tank. The arch gap looks fine and will be close to what I expect to achieve once I get my replacement coilovers on. Nearly went for the V3's but bought Monosports instead as I would like EDFC. Kind of regretting it now after your review,...we will see :lol:

Oh and btw, I retract my comment about the Z4.....I much prefer the 370 now ;)

Good work and nice write up :thumbs:

• Like 1

Don't over do it JJ, she is looking good. Subtle mods retain the OEM lines whilst adding aggression and presence. I think you are there mate. The only future mod I can foresee is potentially a new set of wheels. Although it looks fine on the Rays.

I'd also be wary of going to low. I have sacrificed driveabilty for aesthetics a number of times over the years, to the extent in the zed where I couldn't fill up the petrol tank. The arch gap looks fine and will be close to what I expect to achieve once I get my replacement coilovers on. Nearly went for the V3's but bought Monosports instead as I would like EDFC. Kind of regretting it now after your review,...we will see :lol:

Oh and btw, I retract my comment about the Z4.....I much prefer the 370 now ;)

Good work and nice write up :thumbs:

Thanks Ceejay - I know it can be too easy for Modzilla to set in sometimes and before you know it you go a bit far! I think I might try dialing down the coils one notch when the car goes in for its MOT but if it looks too low will put it back to the recommended setting as it is now.

How come you chose Monosports in the end?

In terms of wheels, I had been considering either a set of BBS CHRs or CHR-IIs in black with the polished rim:

bbs_chr_bpsl_pdpfull.jpg

279_6_BBS-CH-R-II-Schwarz-Matt-Seite-01.png

However, I am taking delivery of an MR2 Turbo soon too which I may want to make a few tweaks too, so will leave the wheels for a while I think having only had my black Rays for a few months.

I think a wheel change can be a nice way part-way through ownership of a car to give it a freshen up anyway and I intend to keep this one for another two years.

Edited by James Junior

Thanks Ceejay - I know it can be too easy for Modzilla to set in sometimes and before you know it you go a bit far!

How come you chose Monosports in the end?

Yes Modzilla is always my concern :lol:

Went for the Monosports as I like the sound of the EDFC, wouldn't mind going for the Active unit although it is pricey.

Edited by Ceejay29

Now that you have done all that

Want too sell it :)

Only joking mate looks awesome

Sorry Nic, she's going to be occupying my driveway for another two years if I have my way, but thanks! :)

I use my 370 every day for commuting and for business purposes too and I am putting rather more miles on her than I would wish. I had been thinking I should really get some unoffensive diesel for business duties and had started looking. However I soon thought why waste the money on something boring, so bought this instead, which should join the Z this week. JDM only, turbo charged and circa 5 seconds to 60 - hands up who knoows what this is: :teeth:

995331_10156852427175195_5134986723122206428_n.jpg?oh=a53c3f765843ec09c1a2f901c743e774&oe=578321AE

• Like 1

looks like MR to me too . but he said JDM only which could mean its something a bit different :stir::surrender::doh::bang:

Looks to be a rev3-4 MR2 (unless its just had a spoiler/rear light swap). I'm guessing the JDM only part is due to it being a turbo.

Looks VERY clean mate, got any more pics of it? I loved my old tubby.

Edited by mattross1313
  • Like 1