Newbie looking to buy a 350Z

Hi, I've been looking to get a coupe or roadster 350Z for a while now. I currently have a 2012 BMW 320d M Sport that does 50+ MPG so I'm preparing myself for the massive change in that area! :)

I guess my questions are:

1. I'm 6'3" and have never sat in a 350Z, will I fit comfortably? Is there any difference in legroom between the coupe/roadster?

2. Am I better off with a coupe? What's the general feeling about the roadster? bearing in mind I'm 46 and don't want people to think I'm having yet another mid life crisis! :)

3. What are they like as an every day car? I drive a lot for my job and want at least some comfort, is the ride really harsh or OK ish?

4. I'm thinking about paying £6k - £7k, will I get a half decent one for that?

Sorry for all the questions, just would like some advice from people that own one and know a lot about them

Any help would be appreciated

Welcome :)

1. I'm 6"2 but only had coupe's. I used to fit in the 350 just fine, and current fit fine in the 370. But not had Roadsters. Will370z has roadsters and is even taller than me, so must be fine :)

2. Personal preference really. I'm not a fan of the roadsters, but many are.

3. I find them fine day to day, as long as they are not silly low with big bodykits. Returns reasonable mpg considering displacement. Boot is surprisingly spacious too.

4. You should be able to get a GT standard DE model for that price, maybe even with some nice mods if you are lucky :)

Happy Hunting :D

Welcome along. I can't really comment on the height thing as I'm only a diminutive 5'8". Regarding the coupe / roadster question, coupes are always better, regardless of car model. Sure, some people like roadsters, but they're wrong :lol:

The ride on a standard car I'd describe as 'sporty but reasonable', and I agree with mattross about the price question. Good luck with the search! :)

Haven't driven the roadster but with the roof cut off the handling always suffers and in turn there's the weight increase which will have an impact on performance and fuel consumption.

The fuel economy isn't too bad on the motorway with 30-32mpg easily achievable.

The roadster roof down looks ace. Roof up it still looks ok but not quite so stunning imho. I,ve owned both and the roadster handles the same but is heavier and it shows under acceleration.

I,ve currently got a 420 turbo diesel m sport convertible as well as my HR coupe. No problems with space for a six footer in either car. However, the drive is completely different between each car . The Zed is less comfortable on a long run but far more responsive. The Beemer is a good comfortable cruiser and will use half as much fuel. It can shift in sport + mode but doesn't,t compare with Zed for thrill factor.

To sum up. Buy the Zed for white knuckle driving and the Beemer for everyday journeys.

Hello and welcome

I like both, coupe and roadster

Went for the roadster as its a second car, only do 2-3k per year, lovely with the roof down and the noise on a sunny day (winter too)

I was lead to believe that the roadster was designed so as not to "loose" its handling ability compared to the coupe

Mine handles fine on the road

Rob

Thanks for all the advice and welcome messages

I'm still looking for a decent 350Z, would quite like silver GT with leather etc and fairly low mileage as I will be using it every day

:)