Junction 17 Cars

bigfoot

Bearing in mind you have zero comeback on a privately bought car, barring any misrep that occurred during the advertising/negotiation phase of the purchase.

Not saying for one second that applies to Andy! It's just a more general rule to think of, and that private sales are not always the best.

But bear in mind that even buying from a dealer you still have to jump through many hoops if they dont play ball dealing with any complaint you have - J17 are likely to make life hell if you dare go back with a complaint about the car... ;)

Bearing in mind you have zero comeback on a privately bought car, barring any misrep that occurred during the advertising/negotiation phase of the purchase.

Not saying for one second that applies to Andy! It's just a more general rule to think of, and that private sales are not always the best.

I was just going to say that - the extra price at the dealer is because it has to be fit for purpose.

Private sales can go wrong even from forum members (or family members..). But these days when negotiations and representations are usually made in email form it's easier to prove who said what.

But bear in mind that even buying from a dealer you still have to jump through many hoops if they dont play ball dealing with any complaint you have - J17 are likely to make life hell if you dare go back with a complaint about the car... ;)

True, but at least you have the (quite robust) law on your side then. Caveat emptor is significantly less forgiving! :D

all I can add to this (slightly off topic) ......... is that there is nothing wrong with my car - not missed a beat, fully serviced and in fact its due a service in about 1000miles (which I will get done before any private buyer comes along - won't be the case if I px it though) - its a genuine vehicle :thumbs:

all I can add to this (slightly off topic) ......... is that there is nothing wrong with my car - not missed a beat, fully serviced and in fact its due a service in about 1000miles (which I will get done before any private buyer comes along - won't be the case if I px it though) - its a genuine vehicle :thumbs:

A beautiful genuine vehicle. :wub:

Not quite true if a cars under 3 years old with a FULLY transferable MANUFACTURERS warranty, and add to that a FULL completed manufacturer service history.

Very true. You don't need a manufacturer service history though, any registered garage can service the car as long as they use OEM-quality parts.

That's warranty though, which doesn't cover things like it suddenly being a Cat C or the engine going pop because it had no oil in it etc.

Not quite true if a cars under 3 years old with a FULLY transferable MANUFACTURERS warranty, and add to that a FULL completed manufacturer service history.

And if the clutch needs replacing after a week of driving? Or the brakes? Or anything aftermarket, or any other item thats not covered? Private is never going to be as safe as a dealer sale, even if you know the seller and the car very well.

Dont know why youre shouting either :lol:

If it goes within 28 days you can reject the car, thats the point - its not just about at the time of purchase with a trade sale.

"if it has a fault which was present when you took delivery"

it is entirely up to the person, do your homework on the car, but I bought my car from a forum member, no regrets, its my project and don,t mind spending on the car as I enjoy it, and if I where to sell my car, I would want it to go to a good home, my car has a pedigree :lol: and wants for nothing so I would sell it on the forum first.the comments I get alone from the car makes it all worthwhile.

it is hard picking up a good one, as I will be looking for a white 370z roadster soon as my new project B):D:teeth:

And if the clutch needs replacing after a week of driving? Or the brakes? Or anything aftermarket, or any other item thats not covered? Private is never going to be as safe as a dealer sale, even if you know the seller and the car very well.

Dont know why youre shouting either :lol:

Thought you were all deaf :lol:

Just pointing out that as many major parts will be covered by the manufacturer, my caveat was a full manufacturer spec service history. A dealer will only cover this as well, however, consumer rights may come into play, good luck with that one.

Once they get your money................

• 1 month later...

Cant help this might be my old car coming into stock shortly

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/370z/nissan-370-z-3-7-gt-2dr/5558865?v=b

It was on 35k , 2012 White GT edition auto , in all fairness its a cracker in great condition and with all new brakes and great history

Mind you that price is what I paid Nissan for it when I bought it back in 2013 !

http://www.pistonhea...2dr/5558865?v=b

It was on 35k , 2012 White GT edition auto , in all fairness its a cracker in great condition and with all new brakes and great history

Mind you that price is what I paid Nissan for it when I bought it back in 2013 !

Yeh that is your old car Rich i tracked it from BCA auctions where it was sold last tuesday,i knew where it would end up.Incidentely looks like G/mans car is at BCA edinburgh next week,cant miss it with the decals.

Yeh that is your old car Rich i tracked it from BCA auctions where it was sold last tuesday,i knew where it would end up.Incidentely looks like G/mans car is at BCA edinburgh next week,cant miss it with the decals.

6 months (or so) younger than mine, 10k miles less than mine but nearly £4000 more :wacko:

I think you mean it *WAS* a cracker until J17 got hold of it, those brakes are probably on the owners mini by now and been replaced by a set of brakes from a mountain bike. *shrug*

• Like 2

6 months (or so) younger than mine, 10k miles less than mine but nearly £4000 more :wacko:

Can't see them getting that asking price for it ,at least not in my world.

Can't see them getting that asking price for it ,at least not in my world.

As i said its the same as i paid for it back in 2013 with 25k and only 2 years old , but as always asking price is just that

Dealers only have cars that people have wanted shot of, if so many 350 and 370 owners did just bung them back to the trade when the big bills were looming the trade would have better stuff to sell!

Truth is I hadn't planned to get rid of my 370z it was only the opportunity of buying the same model and colour but already with the all the mods I had wanted to do that pried me from it , had I known i would be moving it on I wouldn't have spent so much money on the old car, my loss will the be the new owners gain