The 350Z-UK AMA Thread

Ekona

Just for giggles, like.

It's an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread, go as crazy as you will but let's try and keep it out of the green room ;) A good way to get to know your fellow members if nothing else, or ask those questions you've always wanted to! Since I started I guess I get to go first, I'll nominate one of the persons who posts a question to me and then they can go next, and so on and so forth.

So go forth and question! :D

[quote name='Ekona' timestamp='1454022945' post='1579778']
Just for giggles, like.

It's an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread, go as crazy as you will but let's try and keep it out of the green room ;) A good way to get to know your fellow members if nothing else, or ask those questions you've always wanted to! Since I started I guess I get to go first, I'll nominate one of the persons who posts a question to me and then they can go next, and so on and so forth.

So go forth and question! :D
[/quote]

Do your friends have a nickname for you? If so what is it ;)

Ooh, good question! I don't *think* anyone has a nickname for me, or at least if they do no-one's let on as to what it might be to my face.

I remember back at primary school aged about 8 or 9, in a much more innocent time in life before anyone actually knew what the word meant, I used to be called Danny Fanny though :blush::lol:

• Like 1

MR2 trackpig is probably not going to see a track day again under my ownership, but I'm looking to book the 645 up for some track action soon. I quite fancy Snetterton I think, as I've never been there yet.

And just turn up fella, you're welcome to a drive any time. :)

[quote name='Kraziekatz1' timestamp='1454065300' post='1579864']
Is there anything that you don't have an opinion about? ;)
[/quote]
You hussy, I'm a married man don't you know! :lol:

I dunno, actually. I kinda believe that everyone should have an opinion of some kind on everything, although sometimes it's hard to form a true opinion if you don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject. I always try to dig a little bit deeper on subjects I'm not familiar with before making a comment (you have no idea how often I'll quickly google something before posting), but for the most part I'm comfortable enough just to go with what my instinct tells me. It's saved more often than it's failed me, put it that way.

• Like 1

[quote name='Ekona' timestamp='1454064422' post='1579854']
MR2 trackpig is probably not going to see a track day again under my ownership, but I'm looking to book the 645 up for some track action soon. I quite fancy Snetterton I think, as I've never been there yet.

And just turn up fella, you're welcome to a drive any time. :)
[/quote]

I will get some pics up of my mates one he is building for a tarmac rally series, you would probably appreciate it :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

[quote name='Ekona' timestamp='1454061083' post='1579838']Ooh, good question! I don't *think* anyone has a nickname for me, or at least if they do no-one's let on as to what it might be to my face.

I remember back at primary school aged about 8 or 9, in a much more innocent time in life before anyone actually knew what the word meant, I used to be called Danny Fanny though :blush::lol:[/quote]
Mr Danny Fanny is your name from now on :D

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

[quote name='Jetpilot' timestamp='1454076811' post='1579953']
Is this just, ask Ekona time

Do you like having your ego massaged? :p
[/quote]
I figured on one person a day, I'll nominate someone in a bit, fear thee not.

Depends. On some stuff yes, but on other stuff no. It makes me happy when I'm appreciated, but then is that not the same for everyone? I don't know.

[quote name='glrnet' timestamp='1454077454' post='1579956']
Do you not like the 370z community? :)
[/quote]
The community yes, the car not so much. I mean, I like it more than I did when I first saw it as the looks have massively grown on me, I just can't get past the interior. I've never met a 370 owner I didn't like though, so I guess I do like the 370 community. :)

[quote name='Rock_Steady' timestamp='1454078048' post='1579963']
you once said that your user name "Ekona" came from the side of a box you saw. What was in that box?
[/quote]
Hah, good memory! Just regular officey-type filing stuff, probably invoices or drawings or tax stuff. Nowt exciting.

[quote name='Wasso' timestamp='1454080300' post='1579978']
What was the content of your last dream - odd one I know, but maybe it'll answer how you "tick"
[/quote]
I can actually remember this one! It was two days ago, and it involved me moving house (not surprising, considering it's a year tomorrow since I moved last) and I was rummaging around for stuff. I remember looking under the bed and seeing two pairs of eyes glowing back at me: My two cats were under there. I picked one up and moved him somewhere safe, and I went back to stroke the other one as she was laying in the sun.

I remember this so well because when I woke up, I wasn't sad for a change. That was the first dream I've had for many weeks involving my cat who passed away back in October, and for the first time since then I'd dreamed about her and not woke up in tears. It kinda felt nice, just to remember her and know she's gone but to only think about the good stuff, and not be totally upset about her not being here any more. Almost like I'm finally accepting that she's gone.

• Like 1