"Cold Calling" for sale items

Lexx

It has been brought to the teams attention that a member recently tried to circumvent the For Sale rules.

The member in question in no way met the requirements to sell a car here, and after being told so by the mods he proceeded to PM members en masse with a link to his vehicle asking if anyone was interested.

The member has had his PM privileges revoked and warning point issued.

This action will be repeated to any member that we find out is circumventing the rules in the same way.

The rules we have here have served the club and membership well for 10 years now. Please respect them, and respect the Teams decisions. :thumbs:

• Like 8

Hi Just so we are all aware.

I posted a for sale ad which included within it a clear message to the MODS saying that I knew I didn't meet the criteria to post, but as there was absolutely loads of interest from long term members when the car was advertised a few months back it may benefit them if it was released.

The answer I received was;

"........No, But you can contact those you know direct......"

So I did. Sorry if anyone was offended. I'll dip out now.

You were indeed told by a team member that you could contact those you knew.

However what you actually did was send PMs to anyone you felt like. A number of members who didn't even know you existed or even know the car involved previously received PMs from you.

or he cant insure it because he still has a squeeky voice. ?

I got insured on bigger more powerful cars for less than little 1.2 shitboxes, because they tend to be owned by older more mature and better drivers.

My first car was a 2003 BMW 318i - Not exactly fast, apaz did 0-60 in 9.7 I believe, but it was more the fact it was comfortable and safe as a first car

Had leather seats, climate/cruise control too :D Damn nice first car

2nd car is now my Z at the age of 20 and insurance is literally £20 a month more than the BMW was, for a total of about £1700 a year.

You just have to shop around for unusual cars that people don't tend to crash much

I got insured on bigger more powerful cars for less than little 1.2 shitboxes, because they tend to be owned by older more mature and better drivers.

My first car was a 2003 BMW 318i - Not exactly fast, apaz did 0-60 in 9.7 I believe, but it was more the fact it was comfortable and safe as a first car

2nd car is now my Z at the age of 20 and insurance is literally £20 a month more than the BMW was, for a total of about £1700 a year.

You just have to shop around for unusual cars that people don't tend to crash much

A while ago Churchill neglected to recognize certain performance badges, which my mate took advantage of to insure a Mondeo ST for the same price as a standard Mondeo. Think it was around £900 and he was 19 at the time. The moral is to never rule out a quick car, insurance companies sometimes "forget" certain cars are quick!

A while ago Churchill neglected to recognize certain performance badges, which my mate took advantage of to insure a Mondeo ST for the same price as a standard Mondeo. Think it was around £900 and he was 19 at the time. The moral is to never rule out a quick car, insurance companies sometimes "forget" certain cars are quick!

And if he was involved in an accident and the insurer goes along and notes it's an ST not a standard Mondeo and says he isn't covered...?

• 7 months later...

I forgot about this. Thanks for the thread revival Sam :lol:

This was actually a shame because I was in the middle of PMing the guy about buying the car with every intention to follow through with the purchase until this happened and we couldn't have any more contact :shrug:

Edited by KyleR

I also got PM'd as I did go for a test drive when it was for sale originally. Like me, the new buyer realised the car was a track beast, but absolutely no good as a daily, which is what we both needed. I'm glad my head won the should I, shouldn't I...