New Milltek backbox - wonky weld - would this concern you?

colesl4w

Hi all,

My new Milltek backbox just arrived! However.... I'm a little concerned at a pretty wonky weld on the side of it. The rest is fine, but this one bit is recessed right in with only a few mm to spare before the join between the sidewall and top. I reckon if there was no weld there, there would actually be a gap between the bottom and side panels. Here's an image:

http://i.imgur.com/T9y3iZ0.jpg

I just wanted a group opinion on this before contacting the seller - I know nothing about welds etc, but is this a bad job? The milltek was an expensive choice and I want to make sure the quality is what it should be.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by colesl4w

It's not really damage though, not really. It'll work absolutely fine, that weld looks as good as any others, no issue at all.

I mean, send it back if you want, but I think it's like rejecting a banana because it's not the right angle.

Hi all,

Just an update on this! It was Chris from Tarmac Sportz that I ordered from. He was fantastic - apologised, agreed it needed changed, and ordered a swap straight away. I'd highly recommend buying from him - best customer service I've had in ages. I'll upload a wee video of the exhaust soon.

The guys at the exhaust place were all looking at the exhaust too, said they loved that brand and that its great quality. No problems with fitment at all!

Here unfortunately is the opinion of one of the countries top welding instructors,

with vast experience in the nuclear and automotive fields, who I sent the link too:

Hi Jim,

these exhausts are British made.

What do you think, looks like someone got this weld area a bit hot judging by the HAZ?

THAT MUST BE THE WORST TIG WELD EVER, The monkey must have been having a bad day, lost his Nuts. JC.

• Like 1