What would you buy for GTR money?

-G-

id move to Japan and spend the 35k on racing for us for a year and making a name for myself in the 370z race car, or buy something with a slightly bigger engine...

clue 95.5x88.4

You mean a something with the same stroke & bore as the GTR? :thumbs:

Good call on the Charger , I'd have one for £35k as well :) they go for three times that though

One of my mates had a '72 , it was subtle ;) lol

4864.jpg

2 words: leaf springs

never been a huge fan of the american muscle stuff. I can appreciate it but it's just too...American. and who wants that?!

Some people wouldnt give you tuppence for "jap crap" it takes all sorts to make a world , I class myself as a petrolhead and can find something to like in pretty much any car

absolutely. If I had a bottomless money pit and a very big garage there would definitely be one in there. just wouldn't be top of the list...or middle... :D

do quite like the old Corvette stingrays though B)

Good call on the Charger , I'd have one for £35k as well :) they go for three times that though

One of my mates had a '72 , it was subtle ;) lol

4864.jpg

2 words: leaf springs

never been a huge fan of the american muscle stuff. I can appreciate it but it's just too...American. and who wants that?!

Some people wouldnt give you tuppence for "jap crap" it takes all sorts to make a world , I class myself as a petrolhead and can find something to like in pretty much any car

absolutely. If I had a bottomless money pit and a very big garage there would definitely be one in there. just wouldn't be top of the list...or middle... :D

do quite like the old Corvette stingrays though B)

I like to go round corners to, which is why one wouldn't be at the top of my list.;):lol:

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nearly.....but not quite.

Cayman S GT4 4.4 secs. 0-62 Top speed 174mph

GTR 2.8 secs. 0-62 Top speed 196mph

Having driven both VERY fast on the same roads, trust me, the Cayman would leave the GTR on everything other than the very straightest bits and even then there wouldnt be a lot in it. The weight alone makes a huge difference.

RS6 is an estate car, how does that work as a weekender?

RS6 is an estate car, how does that work as a weekender?

depends if your weekends involve dragging mx bikes or mountain bikes around! or other such sports where lots of space for kit is needed, then an rs6 would be the perfect weekend car!

Would love one as a not so sensible sensible car..

The old one, yes. The new one is a pile of scum scraped from a tramp's gonad.

Fourteen, yes 14 well argued responses on this thread from my old friend, the...

hqdefault.jpg

:lol: i have forum friends! thanks guys. tell him off

Having driven both VERY fast on the same roads, trust me, the Cayman would leave the GTR on everything other than the very straightest bits and even then there wouldnt be a lot in it. The weight alone makes a huge difference.

Having driven both VERY fast on track, trust me, the GTR R35 would leave the Cayman disappearing into the distance through my rear view mirror.

• Like 2

Having driven both VERY fast on track, trust me, the GTR R35 would leave the Cayman disappearing into the distance through my rear view mirror.

Have to agree, since a friend owns a Cayman S and we regularly go to the track together, the GTR is by far quicker!

I said:

roads

Aklex and Graham said:

track

;)

And having had a bit of a look it seems a 981 Cayman S is 1.2s slower than a GTR round Laguna Seca, the same at Tsukuba and about 2 seconds slower at Sachsenring. Hardly disappearing in the RVM is it?

Edited by docwra

I said:

roads

Aklex and Graham said:

track

;)

And having had a bit of a look it seems a 981 Cayman S is 1.2s slower than a GTR round Laguna Seca' date=' the same at Tsukuba and about 2 seconds slower at Sachsenring. Hardly disappearing in the RVM is it?

[/quote']

At 2 seconds a lap slower, the GTR would soon be lapping you. :lol: so perhaps best to keep an eye on your Cayman rear view mirror ;)

Wow, GTR owner in GTR is the best car ever shocker :scare: Did you miss the "Roads" and "Track" bit? :dry:

All Im doing is giving an opinion, on the road the Cayman gives you more confidence, is a lot more nimble and doesnt feel like its down on power at all. Its a lot more fun and feels more of an event to drive at reasonable speeds too which is the GTR's major failing IMO.