My Old Zed

Thats the dilema i am faced with. Want to but a HR model for my budget of 9k. All the trade ones are 11-12k in top condition but i know a private sale would be around my mark for same car so do i say what the hell and waste another 2k or wait patiently

Thats the dilema i am faced with. Want to but a HR model for my budget of 9k. All the trade ones are 11-12k in top condition but i know a private sale would be around my mark for same car so do i say what the hell and waste another 2k or wait patiently

Check out the sees for sale on the forum. You'd be better of buying from a long standing member.

I know, but I thought I'd put up my figures to help someone else get a good deal.

Oh I get that and it is good of you, ...just a pity someone on the forum couldn't have bought it from you in the first place though as no doubt they'll pay a lot more than what you wanted for it. :dry:;)

BBK, great deal mate, fair play to you.

To be honest, I put mine up for sale a few weeks ago, 2008 HR (bought n 2013 for £12k) few basic mods, 64k but great service history, etc, wanted to sell quick so £9k.... had no offers, so being the impatient b*****d I am ending up part ex-ing for a lot less than this for my next car.

Anyway, I am ok with the deal I got but I asked the guy at the garage what would happen with my car, it's too old for their showroom so will go to auction. It's such a shame it's a really nice car, should have gone to someone who will appreciate it!

Oh well....

BBK, great deal mate, fair play to you.

To be honest, I put mine up for sale a few weeks ago, 2008 HR (bought n 2013 for £12k) few basic mods, 64k but great service history, etc, wanted to sell quick so £9k.... had no offers, so being the impatient b*****d I am ending up part ex-ing for a lot less than this for my next car.

Anyway, I am ok with the deal I got but I asked the guy at the garage what would happen with my car, it's too old for their showroom so will go to auction. It's such a shame it's a really nice car, should have gone to someone who will appreciate it!

Oh well....

Maybe someone worthy can find it at the auction and get a bargain?

HR's holding value well

Yep they have been since I sold mine 4 years back. I lost 7000quid in 18 months on mine :scare: , but since then the prices seem to have remained solid. Sods law really!

OUCH!! I'm keeping hold of mine for the near future, zed ticks all boxes for me at the moment and will do until the need for back seats :)

Not bad for that length of ownership, however, you're now going to spend all of that and more on a wedding :lol:

I really enjoyed my wedding day but I couldn't help but think, this would buy me a really nice motor.

Infact, I could have had an R34 instead of the R33 if I hadn't got married.

Bugger.

it seems likely that mine will end up going to webuyanycar for peanuts.... just doesn't seem to be anyone out there buying at the moment. such a shame as its a great car with some great mods but I have no time left anymore.... 2 more weeks then its got to go no matter what