So who's on Facebook?

Easty

Squee we have a mutual friend too, then I remembered that he also has a 300zx.
I try to limit my Facebook friends to only those I really know in person, and family. There's enough rubbish likes and shares cluttering my news feed as it is. I regularly delete people too if they post up too much junk. Nothing personal lol

• Like 1

[quote name='Jay Kay' timestamp='1452036353' post='1570404']
Not sure mate, maybe you're right about crimewatch...

Not spoke with Mig since he left the Cheshunt Chiro Clinic sadly was a good fella though
[/quote]

Yeah, He oped up a clinic literally across the road from my gym, and he's in here occasionally. I'll be sure to drop your name into a conversation to get the gossip on your sordid affairs!

[quote name='Jay Kay' timestamp='1452036377' post='1570405']
Squee, nice 300! do you have a 350 too?
[/quote]

Thank you :)

I'm a bit of a greedy car hoarder - alongside my 350Z I have two 300zx's (both sadly off road at the mo but that's normal for those cars!) and I was also presented with a MK1 MX-5 on Christmas Day which is to be my track toy (but will keep road legal).

S.

[quote name='syy' timestamp='1452061278' post='1570424']
I try to limit my Facebook friends to only those I really know in person, and family. There's enough rubbish likes and shares cluttering my news feed as it is. I regularly delete people too if they post up too much junk. Nothing personal lol
[/quote]

Oooh who is it? who is it? a lot of 300ZX owners are full on weirdos hehe.

I'd love to know how the Facebook algorithm works which decides what crap gets put on your newsfeed. I'm quite lucky in that my feed is mainly posts related to my interests rather than pointless chuff from people I last saw 10 years ago. I'm guessing since I only click 'like' on things I actually like that gives weight to certain things.

S.

Edited by Squee

[quote name='Squee' timestamp='1452102057' post='1570677']
[/quote]

I'd love to know how the Facebook algorithm works which decides what crap gets put on your newsfeed. I'm quite lucky in that my feed is mainly posts related to my interests rather than pointless chuff from people I last saw 10 years ago. I'm guessing since I only click 'like' on things I actually like that gives weight to certain things.

S.
[/quote]

I think you may find 350z owners are too, sprinkle stalkers in bound, haha :scare: and thank you for reminding me why i am not on fb anymore, peoples pet pictures :p and what they were about to eat filled my news page :stir:

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Well you found me!

As for the friend request button, I've got mine set to we have to have mutual friends before you can request my friendship, don't want any riff raff contacting me, but if anyone wants to it's Lyndsey Cutting ;)

Edited by Lyndzzz

[quote name='Squee' timestamp='1452102057' post='1570677']
[/quote]

S.
[/quote]

Adam Hollings, a ginger with a red ZX ;)
Think that's my problem. Too many old school friends with interests nothing like mine that must 'like' everything and anything!

[/quote]

You don't have to delete people to not see their postings. On desktop just go to that person's profile and uncheck the 'following' option :)

[quote name='Ricey@revolveautomotive' timestamp='1452441133' post='1572463']
I've absolutely rinsed my Facebook with unfollowing.

You'll be surprised how much it enriches your life.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Doesnt that kind of evade the concept?

I thought that was the whole point, to follow what your friends are doing, sadly my friends seemed more interested in photos of, food, pets, drinks, some more pictures of the same pet which looked exactly like all the other photos and then the, in a relationship out of relationship, sometimes within the same week with the usual posts from both parties in between saying they couldnt be any happier and more in love and how fortunate they were to have found each other....repeat the process a month later, positively embarrassing.

[quote name='Jetpilot' timestamp='1452441697' post='1572465'][quote name='Ricey@revolveautomotive' timestamp='1452441133' post='1572463']
I've absolutely rinsed my Facebook with unfollowing.

You'll be surprised how much it enriches your life.

[/quote]

Doesnt that kind of evade the concept?

I thought that was the whole point, to follow what your friends are doing, sadly my friends seemed more interested in photos of, food, pets, drinks, some more pictures of the same pet which looked exactly like all the other photos and then the, in a relationship out of relationship, sometimes within the same week with the usual posts from both parties in between saying they couldnt be any happier and more in love and how fortunate they were to have found each other....repeat the process a month later, positively embarrassing.[/quote]
Aye but you can like someone in real life who's a total facemong and or you can dislike and/or like an individual but it'd be a major faux pas to defriend them.

I get what you're saying but sadly this is the age we live in.

I hate Facebook with a passion but I'm too far in and too nosey to leave it. By unfollowing tonnes of people I don't offend anyone and instead have a news feed free of kiddie pics, moron attention seeking pics, literally any post relating too or peddling Britain First bile and a bit more of what I'm actually interested in and what might make me laugh.

I post a right load of old crap and I'd not be offended if anyone unfollowed me...
.In fact I'd be more touched that they didn't bin me off.

[quote name='Jetpilot' timestamp='1452442817' post='1572474']Yep, seemed a lot easier to just bin it and glad I did :)[/quote]
Mate if you've cut the cord don't ever be tempted back! It's a right load of old @*!#!

[quote='Ricey@revolveautomotive' timestamp='1452442902' post='1572476']
[quote name='Jetpilot' timestamp='1452442817' post='1572474']Yep, seemed a lot easier to just bin it and glad I did :)[/quote]
Mate if you've cut the cord don't ever be tempted back! It's a right load of old @*!#!

[/quote]

Nope, quite happy without it :)

[quote name='Squee' timestamp='1452102057' post='1570677'][quote name='syy' timestamp='1452061278' post='1570424']
[/quote]

S.[/quote]
Give me one then we can be 300z benders together!

I need a new project