Scotts Project 370Z

Scott TMN

So picked the car up from the bodyshop today, and I love it! Elliot was a top man again as he kindly went to pick up my remaining nismo arch liner from Slys and deliver it to the bodyshop for me, thanks again for that mate! And thanks to the guys at Legends for their work on the Z!

Fully intend on going out with the camera and getting some more pictures but heres a few iphone ones from when I picked it up.

7324E3EC-6497-4C55-8EF8-A042DBA21251_zpsr2imyp6h.jpeg

E1C71A3B-1EFB-4455-9871-0B297B99C717_zpswcaggqqw.jpeg

A0C44760-1A44-480A-B166-0C0F5E54E449_zpsdzltvqiy.jpeg

75B49B36-6F27-46A4-B86A-E73F793A8C67_zpsipxuolky.jpeg

AF377928-6630-4A7B-BE65-1D06EBF50850_zpsztcwvqwx.jpeg

CE066092-C7DA-46A8-A017-70E08924C2DA_zpsawildqim.jpeg

Edited by Scott_f91
  • Like 2

Really nice Scott. Looks stunning. Rear wheels could do with being a bit further out is my only negative comment. Other than that it spot on.

Thanks man :) I couldn't agree more with the wheels. My intention is to change the wheels, though not sure when the finances will permit that so will probably be getting some spacers soon :)

• Like 1

Looks great. Makes a nice change to see someone go for the Mk1 Nismo bumper instead of the Mk2. :thumbs:

Cheers :) Yeah the mk2 seems to be far more popular but I personally love the mk1 ever since I first seen it. :p

Looks good - however the panel gaps look all over the place?

Do you think? Im very happy with it. I will say probably the front bumper to bonnet gap looks bigger than normal, I think this is down the the Zspeed undertray pulling it down slightly as they said the number plate sits slightly different to it after the fitted that.

Had a small but annoying issue spanning over the last few days, took it out for a drive and the clocks and dials started flickering. Under harder driving driving everything was getting hesitant, at one point the nav screen even went off. Got it home to find the battery terminal was loose. I know they had the battery off as I had to reset the windows and radio stations were gone, so initially figured it just needed tightening. To my shame I didn't have a 10mm spanner so had to borrow one from a friendly neighbor. It wouldn't tighten anymore though so packed it out with some copper strips. Jobs a gooden. Went to halfords today to get myself some spanners, went to leave and it wouldnt start again. Same thing again, luckily I had my spanner I had just bought to get me home!

Removed a bit of plastic to start looking at how I can get it to clamp more and notice it was broken :doh:

98ba648e-e2d2-45d0-bf7f-28ce4c0c9520_zpsmmjsszvf.png

So nipped out to get a new terminal clamp job done, properly this time :p Now back to looking for seat rails!

Edited by Scott_f91

The car is looking great.

I had the exact same issue with the terminal on my 350, looks like they use the same positive termincal clamp.

Clarks motorsport stocks btw.

Thankyou! All sorted now, I have a motor parts direct just round the corner so I nipped there, new one is bigger and much more sturdy so hopefully shouldn't have that problem again. Only thing is I now need a larger ring connector for my plate cable!

• Like 1

No real updates but had a good time out in the z at the weekend. First time for a while that I have been able to go out in it driving with a few friends and properly enjoy it, be it short lived due to the weather!

Parked up with my old, soon to be bagged 350 :p

EDC8D258-1FE6-41BF-B79E-288D9E5DF6DA_zpsgyq0i1eu.jpg

Today I managed to get hold of a new crimp connector for my show n go plate as it doesn't fit my new battery clamp currently, and also I made a start on my bracket to mount my airlift controller.

Thought I'd share another few pictures a mate took of the car

BAB093E3-9DB5-453F-A83F-95BC04A49C2D_zpssrucbakg.jpeg

866E92F2-CF97-4D73-94BB-2A0B4A207C43_zpsfi5awqnh.jpeg

Edited by Scott_f91
  • Like 1

A lot of inspiration here for my build! Looked amazing in person, even though if it was in pieces when I saw it. :lol: This would have looked real nice with those RT wings that I managed to snap up :ninja:

A lot of inspiration here for my build! Looked amazing in person, even though if it was in pieces when I saw it. :lol: This would have looked real nice with those RT wings that I managed to snap up :ninja:

Haha cheers :) I have seen your recent album of your car, looks amazing man!

So the location of the Airlift controller had been bugging me for a while. I had it in the armrest cubby which I didn't find ideal. I spent some time looking for a better location to mount it and after weighing up my options I went for to the left of the steering wheel and to the right of the centre console/starter button.

I had intended on bolting my bracket on. With this In mind I made it so the holes would be in the lower part of the dash trim, a place I thought wouldn't be as bad should I ever choose to remove it, as its more discreet and an easier item to replace.

So I made my bracket. The material used was more than sturdy so I cut a hole for some weight saving :lol:

344F2167-CE0D-49A6-8D56-7A3BB664B801_zpslipdwr9f.jpg

Some paint and foam pads later

AE45652E-0FE8-431D-80D9-C045CBD65B28_zps0uorq8xu.jpg

Then onto removing some plastics to re route the cable to the footwell

764E5A32-BED8-436A-B8A5-6A6E7EF49E48_zps4zlqbw4u.jpg

And wallah all mounted

740A6A9F-0C76-47C6-B861-09D8847D3A65_zps1icwrmmk.jpg

I am very pleased with it and its a massive improvement over being in the cubby. It feels solid when pressing the buttons, which are now much easier to access. Obviosuly not 100% visible without moving my head but its still much easier to use and was a more simple mounting option. I'll just touch up the bolts with some black touch up paint to help blend them in and im happy!

Also had a great day at Meguires this weekend organized by Amy (thanks Amy!) and was good to meet a few new faces! :)

D062FB47-EB4A-4267-AAE3-70EF80E181C6_zpsfl8rbd2x.jpg

• Like 1