so i just took my driving test in my 350z and....

cov350z

A little secret ive been keeping is that i have my zed on l plates the last month and half this is my first car :p

so i took my test today in the zed and i can say

i passed

never heard of anyone on here doing a test in one so can i say its a first?

anyway now thats out the way i can start my exterior mods ;)

• Like 8

haha yes late i was into bikes while younger and passed my test so have a 600rr then an r6 over 5 years so finally got rid of the bikes and onto the car

insurance is well lets just say it brings a tear to my eye lol about 2.5k was 2k on provisional but for a 1.1 micra was also 2k on full license so is £500 really that much when im going to enjoy the zed more

but i understand if u want to go u have to pay

jumped on a honda cbr600rr when i first pass bike test from a 125 so know i have to take a hit first year or 2

Edited by cov350z

Well done, it's not that common for people to pass their test in their own car and in a Zed is quite amazing and possibly unique. Just looking at the regulations, the 350Z coupe only just squeezes in to what you can take your test in.....in theory at least, the roadster doesn't :lol: .

Pete

Congratulations! No more 'L' plates or somebody sitting next to you whenever you go out!

This is a first for me also... I think I passed in a Ford Fiesta if I remember correctly.

P.S sorry to hear about your insurance!

^^^ i did have a surprising chat with the dsa about it i got several hang on a moment i need to ask .... before i just took it

theres only a few cars on there not allowed list most are soft tops because of the reduced visibility

Just looked this up as I'd never even thought about it, I just assumed that if they're safe to drive then you can test in them, apparently it's to do with the examiners visibility. Convertibles and panel vans aren't allowed... although I wonder what would happen if you turned up in a convertible on a hot summers day and said don't worry the roof will be down so you can see?

More info here anyway:

https://www.gov.uk/practical-driving-test-for-cars/rules-for-cars-used-for-driving-tests

^^^ i did have a surprising chat with the dsa about it i got several hang on a moment i need to ask .... before i just took it

theres only a few cars on there not allowed list most are soft tops because of the reduced visibility

Just looked this up as I'd never even thought about it, I just assumed that if they're safe to drive then you can test in them, apparently it's to do with the examiners visibility. Convertibles and panel vans aren't allowed... although I wonder what would happen if you turned up in a convertible on a hot summers day and said don't worry the roof will be down so you can see?

More info here anyway:

https://www.gov.uk/p...r-driving-tests

The roadster also exceeds the weight limit !

Pete